Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656927 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2010 on: August 20, 2011, 11:12:45 pm »

Must be a corrupt DL, try again.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: August 20, 2011, 11:55:30 pm »

Am I the only one who doesn't like Brytenwalda? I thought it added way too many factions and towns. With that plus the unintelligible Celtic names, I couldn't keep track of anything. Also the load time was ridiculous.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: August 21, 2011, 12:31:13 am »

Am I the only one who doesn't like Brytenwalda? I thought it added way too many factions and towns. With that plus the unintelligible Celtic names, I couldn't keep track of anything. Also the load time was ridiculous.
The Celtic names were to keep it in date with the game. The Faction though I agree were alot, but that just represented how badly the isles of Britan were messed up. And I can't remember the reason why the load time was so long, but after it finished it was fine wasn't it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: August 21, 2011, 03:01:33 am »

You keep bringing up the Celtic names being used to keep in date with the game, yet when I play Rome: Total War, my enjoyment is tripled by not having to play it in Latin.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: August 21, 2011, 03:03:18 am »

Must be a corrupt DL, try again.

I tried three times.  Not a single one worked.  Should I keep trying?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: August 21, 2011, 03:11:53 am »

Tried getting Brytenwalda, I was willing to wait the 11 or so hours necessary for it to finish installing.  However, every time I tried, the installation would abruptly finish, but the files were corrupted, meaning I couldn't access them.  HELP!

Did you run as admin?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: August 21, 2011, 03:14:32 am »

Try running a GUI interface in visual basic and see if you can trace the corrupt file.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: August 21, 2011, 04:56:18 am »

You keep bringing up the Celtic names being used to keep in date with the game, yet when I play Rome: Total War, my enjoyment is tripled by not having to play it in Latin.
But what of  Shogun 2:Total War. Do they not call their Archers, Yumi, their low ranked soldiers Ashigaru. Would it have been better if they had left the units as Bowmen and Low Ranked Soldiers. Does not Rome: Total War use the word Levy to describe that, a term that was used mainly in that time. Isn't that a word that is Derived from a Latin word meaning the same thing???

Just because a group of History Fanatics took a little more time to find out the meaning behind what a Bandit was called in the year 609 (or what ever it is) in an attempt to make the player feel more "In touch" with the world they rebuilt in game, does not make the game shit. I ain't defending their Poor English, yes they could have gotten someone who could do it better to fill out the text details, and yes the load time is long but its only ONCE and that's at the start of the damn game and not every battle or scene change like all these AAA Games that are out these days...

Besides... You are playing with Latin and other "dead" languages...
Their Factions for example...
http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Category:Rome:_Total_War_Factions
So who am I fight for again? The Brutii? Who are they???

Their Units - Looking at the Brutii faction's unit lists...
http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Brutii_%28RTW_Faction%29
Whats a Principes unit? What do they do???

The towns for another, go try and say the name of that town which bridges Spain with France.

Say it aloud to someone that has no idea what your talking about. Now I say Theow. You tell that person its a town that you learned from playing a game, I tell another that it means a Slave or Freeman in the Anglo-Saxon times that I learned from playing a game...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
So again, here is some clarifications.

On load time.
You - OMG the load time is so long just to start playing this game...
Me - OMG this AAA game is making me watch another cutscene after walking three steps and shot this one guy. Oh wait here's another...

On Ancient names and their effect.
You - Why do I have to learn about what this means in another language.
Me - *Yawn* Roll, duck into cover, peep out, shoot, Blind fire, flank. Repeat

On their Broken language.
You - OMG WHY CAN'T THEY SPELL RIGHT, OR HAVE GOTTEN SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT FOR THEM!?!?!
Me - Live with it, or do you hate children still learning to speak or people who have speech impediments too? So what if their English is broken doesn't make the game shit...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: August 21, 2011, 08:45:52 am »

I'm not sure if it's intentional, Nevyn, but your tone is a bit hostile. Brytenwalda didn't appeal to me because I couldn't understand the unit names and also there was no easy way of finding out what they were. I prefer vanilla Warband to most mods anyway. That's just my opinion, and it is in no way intended to attack or infringe upon yours.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:51:23 am by Biag »

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: August 21, 2011, 08:51:37 am »

Try running a GUI interface in visual basic and see if you can trace the corrupt file.

Oh god, that episode made me facepalm through my face
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: August 21, 2011, 02:58:22 pm »

It's funny, because I never mentioned the load times. I just go play the piano when I load Brytenwalda. Nevyn is preemptively trying to defend flaws with the mod.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: August 21, 2011, 04:58:43 pm »

So I had an urge to play Brytenwalda, downloaded the new version, and got to the main menu to find that the 'start new game' button wasn't even clickable.
Really wish that the devs would focus on the tons of bugs, anyway.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: August 21, 2011, 05:26:38 pm »

I'm not sure if it's intentional, Nevyn, but your tone is a bit hostile. Brytenwalda didn't appeal to me because I couldn't understand the unit names and also there was no easy way of finding out what they were. I prefer vanilla Warband to most mods anyway. That's just my opinion, and it is in no way intended to attack or infringe upon yours.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136732.0.html

Alt+Enter Mount and Blade and Ctrl+F the spoilers.
Alt+Enter before starting the game and browse the net or something while it loads is another good idea...

I am just tired of seeing the same complaints thats all...

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2023 on: August 21, 2011, 05:56:27 pm »

The reason why you can't compared the names of units in Rome:Total War and Brytenwalda is that Rome had long descriptions under each unit, telling about training, history, equipment and purpose. Not just a fancy name.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: August 21, 2011, 06:28:37 pm »

The reason why you can't compared the names of units in Rome:Total War and Brytenwalda is that Rome had long descriptions under each unit, telling about training, history, equipment and purpose. Not just a fancy name.
Camp menu. Troop tree... Its there in game too...
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 310