Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656645 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1500 on: May 28, 2011, 08:02:05 am »

I always put my recruits at the top of the list. They have to earn the privilege of the safer ranks the hard way.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: May 28, 2011, 08:13:51 am »

Actually, all you have to do is set that menu to allow it. You just have to add mnf_enable_hot_keys to the menu.

You can go to party screen or inventory screen while in a town menu. It was just left out of the siege menu by design. The game is perfectly capable of going to the party screen from a menu and then back to the menu when you're done, it's just disabled on most menus.

-edit- It's easy enough to do without the source in case you're playing a mod (or don't feel like compiling the module system). You just have to open the menus.txt file and find menu_castle_besiege and replace the 4096 with 4352. That adds mnf_enable_hot_keys to that menu and lets you use P or I to get at the appropriate screens, just like you can in the regular town menu.

Cool, thank you.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: May 28, 2011, 08:19:58 am »

The king decided to give me a castle... Anyone know how i'm supposed to defend this thing? I can only have 70 men in my party... Even if I put every one of my soldiers there, there's no way it's surviving a seige.

So far just running back and killing the invaders has worked, but what if i'm doing something like, seiging someone else's castle? I can't run back to defend MINE. I haven't taken a castle in the name of the Nord King in so long...
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: May 28, 2011, 08:29:42 am »

You could put all your guys in the castle, recruit some more, and put them in there(possibly taking your old guys out), repeat until you have ridiculous numbers of raw recruits on the walls(Zerg Rush works in defense, right?) or until you go broke.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: May 28, 2011, 08:36:26 am »

Woah, wait, for some reason I was thinking that they still counted as units in your party...

Do I still have to pay them?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: May 28, 2011, 08:38:37 am »

Woah, wait, for some reason I was thinking that they still counted as units in your party...

Do I still have to pay them?

Half as much

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: May 28, 2011, 09:20:08 am »

How does that work with recruits? They only get payed 1 Denar by default, so do you break one in half or something?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: May 28, 2011, 09:33:52 am »

Well obviously it rounds it up if you have an odd number of them. Or maybe it rounds down. Why don't you do some !!science!! on the matter and tell us your findings?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 11:33:44 am by Sordid »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: May 28, 2011, 11:13:52 am »

Order does indeed choose which troops spawn first.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: May 28, 2011, 11:34:02 am »

I never really noticed. I usually set battle size to about 400 or so.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: May 28, 2011, 12:59:56 pm »

The maximum is 100, I thought?

I keep it at 51... I know, i'm an awfull gamer.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: May 28, 2011, 01:37:18 pm »

I'm currently playing a saintly Irish monk in Brytenwalda after watching the Secret of Kells. Walking around alone, wielding only a shepherd's crook and attempting to instill peace through nonviolence is interestingly challenging. I had to do a simple txt tweak to make persuasion less hopeless with the "convince lords to make peace" quest, and I'm pretty proud of the mill+bakery that was funded by the quest profit (To feed the impoverished, of course). I have a long term goal of uniting Ireland through being a master of persuasion, completely avoiding war whenever possible, though I'm unsure of that even being possible. Any other goals that would fit in that anyone could think of?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: May 28, 2011, 01:40:58 pm »

The maximum is 100, I thought?

I keep it at 51... I know, i'm an awfull gamer.

Actually it's 150 in Warband, but you can use an external utility to crank that number as high as you like.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: May 28, 2011, 03:12:51 pm »

Yep, BattleSizer is a damn wonderful tool. It can go as high as a thousand, but it gives you a stern warning about stability at 400+, and a really stern warning at the max. And yes, it is prone to crashing at around 500 or so, in my experience.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: May 28, 2011, 04:39:51 pm »

Here is the link for the Warband Battle Size Changer.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 310