Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656636 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1485 on: May 27, 2011, 06:22:35 pm »

And the fact that you can't access your party screen when a siege is in progress.
To what end? To level up a companion who leveled mid-battle? Your troops don't get any XP until the end of the match anyway.

They do get exp every midnight if you have companions with trainer skill, though. In late game with high-level companions you can train dozens of troops per day, and the inability to access the party screen while a siege tower is being built can mean that you'll enter the battle with 50 or even more militias instead of men-at-arms. And that makes a huge difference.
Plus there's the (in)ability to re-arrange the troop list, thereby affecting the spawn order (since troops at the top of the list spawn first). Personally I've learned to arrange my armies in a sort of semi-efficient universal setup precisely because of this, but I know there are people who like to strategize (ie. do I use archers first to soften up the enemy or do I send the heavies in first to punch through, that kind of thing) and it's a pita for them.
I dunno about Warband, but in the orginal, there were buttons to change the order the units on the Party page. I don't recall that ever being the spawn order, though, but I could be wrong.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #1486 on: May 27, 2011, 06:43:15 pm »

I'd like injuries to hurt combat performance. If I apply my poleaxe to someone's triceps, knee or groin it should be harder for them to fight shouldn't it?

Yes, this too please.

Thump

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: May 27, 2011, 06:47:02 pm »

I'd like injuries to hurt combat performance. If I apply my poleaxe to someone's triceps, knee or groin it should be harder for them to fight shouldn't it?

Yes, this too please.

Limb injuries and removal would make this game epic beyond proportions. :D

Lopping somebody head off with an axe as you ride by on your horse... oh it would be wonderful!

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #1488 on: May 27, 2011, 06:54:06 pm »

Yes, this too please.

Lopping somebody head off with an axe as you ride by on your horse... oh it would be wonderful!

Mod: Vikingr

It's a multiplayer mod, best of them imo.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: May 27, 2011, 06:58:59 pm »

I dunno about Warband, but in the orginal, there were buttons to change the order the units on the Party page. I don't recall that ever being the spawn order, though, but I could be wrong.

Oh the buttons are there, but you can't access the Party screen while building ladders/siege tower without cancelling the build and lifting the siege first.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1490 on: May 27, 2011, 07:56:23 pm »

Oh the buttons are there, but you can't access the Party screen while building ladders/siege tower without cancelling the build and lifting the siege first.

The stupid thing is, thats completely intentional. Those menus are specifically set to disallow access to the party screen.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: May 27, 2011, 08:13:50 pm »

Really? How do you know that? Can it be reversed?

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: May 27, 2011, 09:31:13 pm »

You seem to hate the game with all your heart. Oh and no it cannot be reversed.
One thing that can be done is to add some kind of option in the menu to open the party screen.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: May 27, 2011, 09:48:48 pm »

You seem to hate the game with all your heart.
What the hell does that have to do with his question? It was a legitimate one: where did you find out it was intentional and can it be solved because it's annoying?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1494 on: May 27, 2011, 09:59:06 pm »

Actually, all you have to do is set that menu to allow it. You just have to add mnf_enable_hot_keys to the menu.

You can go to party screen or inventory screen while in a town menu. It was just left out of the siege menu by design. The game is perfectly capable of going to the party screen from a menu and then back to the menu when you're done, it's just disabled on most menus.

-edit- It's easy enough to do without the source in case you're playing a mod (or don't feel like compiling the module system). You just have to open the menus.txt file and find menu_castle_besiege and replace the 4096 with 4352. That adds mnf_enable_hot_keys to that menu and lets you use P or I to get at the appropriate screens, just like you can in the regular town menu.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:04:39 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: May 27, 2011, 11:29:44 pm »

Trippy.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: May 28, 2011, 12:51:16 am »

Yes, this too please.

Brytenwalda has this if you have gore enabled. Of course, sometimes it can be survived. Haunting.
And the fact that you can't access your party screen when a siege is in progress.
To what end? To level up a companion who leveled mid-battle? Your troops don't get any XP until the end of the match anyway.

They do get exp every midnight if you have companions with trainer skill, though. In late game with high-level companions you can train dozens of troops per day, and the inability to access the party screen while a siege tower is being built can mean that you'll enter the battle with 50 or even more militias instead of men-at-arms. And that makes a huge difference.
Plus there's the (in)ability to re-arrange the troop list, thereby affecting the spawn order (since troops at the top of the list spawn first). Personally I've learned to arrange my armies in a sort of semi-efficient universal setup precisely because of this, but I know there are people who like to strategize (ie. do I use archers first to soften up the enemy or do I send the heavies in first to punch through, that kind of thing) and it's a pita for them.
I'm somewhat certain that the order contributes to spawn order, I've always treated it like it does with relative success.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: May 28, 2011, 06:31:31 am »

It contributes to spawn order. Although i'm pretty sure that companions who can spawn will spawn first no matter what.

my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: May 28, 2011, 06:40:22 am »

I'm fairly certain I'm able to keep my Skill Monkey companions out of harm's way by putting all my Huscarls before them.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: May 28, 2011, 06:53:16 am »

If  you have more then the maximum number of men allowed on the field, putting them at the back will make them spawn after the main force, right?

That's how it's been working for me. All my recruits are way at the back, out of harms way.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 310