Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656606 times)

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1425 on: May 25, 2011, 04:03:32 pm »

says it right in that quote dude, mp battle as an intermission

No shit really?....I was talking about if you are not in a MP battle while waiting, because I have to do paperwork in the weekend and I'd not mind the downtime
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: May 25, 2011, 04:15:54 pm »

Very interested in coop warband.  Saw this before around Christmas, but wasn't sure how well it worked at the time.  Need to give it a try.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1427 on: May 25, 2011, 04:25:46 pm »

Heh, a group of heroes with a player in control of each? That would make the game too easy. Easy enough with one player to decimate the shoddy AI, with more than one the AI wouldn't stand a chance.

Having players play both sides of the field would be fun though. Could turn an otherwise boring fight into a challenge. The campaign would certainly be more interesting if every group of looters or bandits had players in control. Imagine facing a group of forest bandits with a few players that are good at archery controlling them - ouch.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: May 25, 2011, 04:28:57 pm »

Very interested in coop warband.  Saw this before around Christmas, but wasn't sure how well it worked at the time.  Need to give it a try.

It's not exactly seamless, but it's not a big hassle to start the battles either. A few extra mouse clicks.

For the "guest players" it works like just another MP server. They can keep half an eye on the livestream or stay as spectators on the server, and jump in when a campaign battle gets set up.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: May 25, 2011, 04:33:06 pm »

Yeah, I would be very willing to just spectate someone's campaign and jump in as an ally or villain in battles to make things more interesting.  Sounds a lot better than crpg, anyway, assuming that mod still hasn't fixed its balance issues (matter of opinion - I thought it was atrocious).
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: May 25, 2011, 04:45:19 pm »

Just want to join the chorus and say I'd love to join in and play some co-op mount & blade with you guys!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: May 25, 2011, 04:46:14 pm »

Okay... Playing The Eagle and Radiant Cross, kicking some ass as the Imperial state, and then guess what I stumbled upon? Myself. My character, down to his equipment and armour. He (me?) was apparently a bandit/outlaw, so I could fight him. He did nothing during the battle, but after he died, I was listed as wounded despite my doppelganger being the only one wounded in the battle.

Has any body else seen this?

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: May 25, 2011, 04:54:23 pm »

I have seen that repeatedly in teatrc. Usually in a band of deserters. I haven't tried to fight myself though, in fear it might corrupt the savegame or create a paradox or something. On the other hand, I did get a lot of lords chiding me for running away from a battle with myself.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: May 25, 2011, 05:09:59 pm »

I have seen that repeatedly in teatrc. Usually in a band of deserters. I haven't tried to fight myself though, in fear it might corrupt the savegame or create a paradox or something. On the other hand, I did get a lot of lords chiding me for running away from a battle with myself.

Hmm... Do you also experience ghost armies?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: May 25, 2011, 05:11:17 pm »

Just got Warband, loved MnB but haven't played it in a while. Wat do?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: May 25, 2011, 05:40:09 pm »

Just got Warband, loved MnB but haven't played it in a while. Wat do?

Get Diplomacy mod.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: May 25, 2011, 05:40:39 pm »

Actually, nevermind, i'm in a bad mood and i'm probably reading that in the wrong way
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:42:10 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: May 25, 2011, 10:27:32 pm »

Okay... Playing The Eagle and Radiant Cross, kicking some ass as the Imperial state, and then guess what I stumbled upon? Myself. My character, down to his equipment and armour. He (me?) was apparently a bandit/outlaw, so I could fight him. He did nothing during the battle, but after he died, I was listed as wounded despite my doppelganger being the only one wounded in the battle.

Has any body else seen this?

In one of the castles (I'm running Floris Mod Pack, and I forget which castle. Maybe Kelredan?) a clone of me kept spawning at the 'starting' position of the castle courtyard when I took my companions out of the prison, and the guards swarmed it instead of me. Jeremus looked like a badass taking them down while my clone tanked, though.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: May 26, 2011, 12:21:22 am »

says it right in that quote dude, mp battle as an intermission

No shit really?....I was talking about if you are not in a MP battle while waiting, because I have to do paperwork in the weekend and I'd not mind the downtime

He told you what happens between fights. No need to be a prick.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: May 26, 2011, 04:05:44 am »

What does it mean when in teatrc, some of my skills are marked red and reduced by 1/2? I now have a horse I can't get back on again if I ever dismount it.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 310