Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656585 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1365 on: May 15, 2011, 07:13:46 am »

...and being defeated by looters through pure BULLSHIT causes the game to get stuck.

What the fuck is wrong with this mod and why does everybody think it's any good?

Its just you. I've not had any of the problems you're saying. In fact the only issue i'm having is loads of lord text, and there is an easy fix for it, but i'm not that bothered by it.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: May 15, 2011, 08:16:11 am »

Does horse archery work different in Floris? I could hit enemies fine in vanilla, I've got decent accuracy in medium range, but when I shoot at enemies that are relatively close I miss about half the time and I have no idea where the missed arrows go.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1367 on: May 15, 2011, 11:00:23 am »

...and being defeated by looters through pure BULLSHIT causes the game to get stuck.

What the fuck is wrong with this mod and why does everybody think it's any good?

Yeah, sounds like you'e messed something up on install because nobody I've heard of has any of these issues

I'd delete the folder and redownload..make sure you've got the correct version (i.e. not trying to use the M&B version in Warband).
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: May 15, 2011, 11:32:41 am »

Ok, redownloaded, still gives me a version error, the game wants warband 1.132, I have 1.134 and no way to downgrae as I'm on Steam.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: May 15, 2011, 11:36:06 am »

even if it gives you a version error, just continue, and you shouldn't have any problems. It wants 1.132 but will function with 1.134
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1370 on: May 15, 2011, 11:40:51 am »

Yep, I have steam as well, and have no issue with the mod myself with 1.134

Just to make sure, you are placing the mod in c:/program files/steam/steam apps/common/mountandblade warband/modules/teatrc

and just for general knowledge Calradia in Darkness works every mod I've tried, though some have it built in already. The mod makes just about everything darker and I think it makes the world and the menu much better: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,157802.0.html

Note always make a back up of every mods "textures" folder, in some cases I have had to repaste the folder on top of the Darkness mod'd textures folder to get rid of ghost trees and such, but the dark look remains.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:48:45 am by jnecros »
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: May 16, 2011, 12:53:51 am »

Is there any way to position my cannoneers specifically without the rest of my units so I can feel safe having them in my army at all? .-.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: May 16, 2011, 01:28:49 am »

You can put units into custom groups (button 4-9) at the party screen. It's a small button next to the unit picture.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: May 16, 2011, 02:58:03 am »

Would I be wrong in assuming that button doesn't exist until Warband? I've never seen anything like what you mentioned (despite looking) in original M&B or its mods.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 16, 2011, 03:06:10 am »

Would I be wrong in assuming that button doesn't exist until Warband? I've never seen anything like what you mentioned (despite looking) in original M&B or its mods.

That's exactly correct.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: May 16, 2011, 03:19:48 am »

I've finally got the game somewhat working and joined up with the fantasy Prussians on the left on the map, which were at war with the fantasy Spaniards to the north and now I'm babysitting a bunch of Leviathan Guards, which do absolutely nothing but get in the way of my horse and bullets on the field and get me stuck in castles and sometimes during a siege, I get a lagspike, followed by everybody on the ramp and the breach dropping dead and a random allied unit gets credit for 30 FF kills and 10 or so enemies, me included most of the time. I've seen it happen with pretty much every infantry unit from recruits to cannoneers, but not dragoons etc.

I also got a fief with a 1k debt or something.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 16, 2011, 03:40:32 am »

Playing EatRC at the moment. Enemy Cannoners are incredibly good at making sieges interesting, and by interesting I of course mean all of my hate.

All of it.

So apart from not sieging ever, does anyone have decent tactics for taking a castle in hats?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: May 16, 2011, 04:33:50 am »

So if I can't set my Handcannons to fire only when infantry approach, and I can't find one myself, how do I keep my gun lines from getting rushed down?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 16, 2011, 05:05:31 am »

I got trashed by a group of 50 deserters again and they crippled me by taking all my weapons, my horse and my main armor and my last save is more then an hour ago, is there some utility to edit my inventory? I keep finding references to something called an item cheat but absolutely nothing more concrete then "duh, use item cheat!".

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 16, 2011, 05:46:13 am »

So if I can't set my Handcannons to fire only when infantry approach, and I can't find one myself, how do I keep my gun lines from getting rushed down?

I'm a bit rusty on what command possibilities there are in the original M&B, but can't you order archers (which I assume cannoneers get classified under) to hold fire, and then fire at will when you need them?
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 310