Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656557 times)

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1320 on: May 11, 2011, 11:49:40 pm »

www.c-rpg.net

Probably the best, or at least the most popular, multiplayer mod. I love my Swiss Halberd.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1321 on: May 12, 2011, 07:56:03 pm »

Well thats a bit disturbing... In the native mod compilation, you can ask your chancellor for information about another lord. I asked about Count Grainwad, and it tells me that his love interest is Lady Sonadel. Not only is he already married to Lady Philenna, but Lady Sonadel is his daughter.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 12, 2011, 07:59:32 pm »

Well thats a bit disturbing... In the native mod compilation, you can ask your chancellor for information about another lord. I asked about Count Grainwad, and it tells me that his love interest is Lady Sonadel. Not only is he already married to Lady Philenna, but Lady Sonadel is his daughter.
Ah those royalties are at it again! [/badjoke]

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 12, 2011, 08:01:04 pm »

They've got to keep their line pure after all. Don't want the blood of the peasantry in their royal veins and all that.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 12, 2011, 08:57:54 pm »

They've got to keep their line pure after all. Don't want the blood of the peasantry in their royal veins and all that.
I suppose the ones that let me anywhere near their daughters have forgotten after the first few times I slit the throats of other lords.
Hello Hunam

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: May 12, 2011, 09:10:35 pm »

I suppose the ones that let me anywhere near their daughters have forgotten after the first few times I slit the throats of other lords.
Oh, they remember. They just don't want any trouble, capiche?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 13, 2011, 09:18:49 am »

Playing with Eagle and the Radiant Cross now... damn, this is what With Fire and Sword should have been, in terms of guns. Loving the ability to "dual wield" a defensive pistol. Makes the game just that little bit more interesting for me (though I still have issues with suddenly being targetted by the entirety of a gun using army, at least now the battle still continues after I get knocked out.)

How does one go about upgrading troops (specifically, Imperials) past the Guard rank? I see Cannoneers and Repeater Gunners but no way to upgrade them through experience... are they for hire in taverns only or is that a perk of joining said faction?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 13, 2011, 09:45:44 am »

You get those 'special' faction troops after joining the faction, and you can hire them in towns..I'd stay away from cannoneers, they blow up your own 1/2 the time. Not sure how good they are in sieges or siege defense

Oh, and agree. This mod has much better gun play than fire and sword..it is my current favorite
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 13, 2011, 10:30:04 am »

In EatRC, has anyone else had the companions unable to rejoin the party after spreading right to rule?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 13, 2011, 11:58:45 am »

Yes, and there doesn't seem to be much of a fix for it..sadly the mod creater has given up managing it

There are several other fairly major bugs to consider as well, the most intrusive is the dueling bug which puts you in dialog loop with the lord you defeat (mine happed after I denouced him for a mission). I had to clt/alt/del plus Windows button to hard quit Warband in order to escape.

The other bug is messages stop showing up in the bottom left corner in battle and on the world map. However, there is a fix for it: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,32422.990.html

There are two text files on page 67 of the bug report thread, cut and past them into the mod folder and you're good to go
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 13, 2011, 05:39:37 pm »

Thanks. And how does one go about removing units from your "personal bodyguard"? I have 8 Kaiserlich Guards in mine, not knowing that the upkeep cost just for them rose by a magnitude of 10 (completely wiping out my funds; 2560 for 8 of them? Really?)

Almost considering starting a new game after that mishap.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 13, 2011, 05:49:22 pm »

Yeah good question. I had the same issue basicly, and took them on a series of sucidal charges to get rid of them..that was expensive all around

Edit: Well shit, I had a crash that corrupted my saved game on day 70 something, no idea what I did to trigger it, was just on a trade mission in world map. This sucks, I had a castle with just over 200 men and owned 2 wine press industries.. :'(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:41:27 pm by jnecros »
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 13, 2011, 06:43:54 pm »

I've taken a look at EatRC and they apparently have several "Chapters", which are somewhere between lore advances in that nations are added and removed and patches in that everything except the last one is unpersoned, and they seemingly removed the gunpowder romans that everybody is crazy about, what's up with that?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 13, 2011, 07:03:23 pm »

Thanks. And how does one go about removing units from your "personal bodyguard"? I have 8 Kaiserlich Guards in mine, not knowing that the upkeep cost just for them rose by a magnitude of 10 (completely wiping out my funds; 2560 for 8 of them? Really?)

Almost considering starting a new game after that mishap.
>Go to town
>Talk to guys that folow you
>Select relevant dialogue choice

There ya go
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 13, 2011, 11:28:33 pm »

Rhodoks can be surprisingly manly.

Yes, he's their last soldier in that fight.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 310