Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656478 times)

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1170 on: May 05, 2011, 04:19:28 pm »

You've piqued my interest, where exactly does it say it's an improvement?

Well I bought the game off the steam store, which is the only place I looked (my fault I guess).
Although it never clearly states that it's an improvement, the wording is a bit vague often saying things like "additional", "added",  "new" which implied to me the old features were there as well.

fakeedit, found this on the steam store
With Fire & Sword builds and expands upon the highly regarded combat system from Mount & Blade: Warband.
Makes it sound like they took Warband and just added things to it.
Darn their delicate wording.

Marketing is indeed evil.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 05, 2011, 04:28:14 pm »

One thing I really like about WF&S and hope they keep in Mount & Blade 2 is that you can actually make a rather fat living off deserters and large bandit bands, because shops don't pay you a pittance for goods anymore. I'm making 600-900 thalers a pop, it's great. And yeah, I figured out how commanders work. High level soldiers on the cheap? Yes please.

Still, I'm gonna play it a bit longer then go back to Warband for the mods.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 05, 2011, 04:30:47 pm »

Well, I'm thinking I'mma try out Sword of Damocles. After that I'll try Eagle/Hats.

"Ooh, mods!" *go to TaleWorlds site* "Hey, one of the recently active topics is a Women in F&S thread." *open thread* I regret TaleWorlds having my money now. Not even for the lack of a female option in F&S (although that does piss me off) but because they've cultivated a community in which "It's a historical war sim, there weren't women in historical war" is apparently a valid opinion.

Spoiler: Tangential rant (click to show/hide)

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: May 05, 2011, 06:20:11 pm »

Stop shooting me, please!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'(
So I tried a custom battle in WF&S and put all muskets.......

It took around 15 minutes. In the end, I shot my own men to get guns which are already reloaded. (Although I DID waste a bullet to shoot my men...)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 05, 2011, 06:32:28 pm »

I got Mount and Blade: Warband and started playing it.

Cue loss of everything I had to raiders. Ended up scumming for money and EXP in the arena for hours. But I also gained valuable tips for when your trying to get money in Melee fights.
Spoiler: Melee Fight Tips (click to show/hide)
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 05, 2011, 07:37:20 pm »

For some reason I remember seeing something about a custom player faction unit tree... where/how would I manage this?

I believe it to be mod related, but finding it is annoying.

Cue loss of everything I had to raiders. Ended up scumming for money and EXP in the arena for hours. But I also gained valuable tips for when your trying to get money in Melee fights.

Best is in Floris' Expanded Mod Pack: Go to Narra with a high bow skill, go to the top of the ladder thing, and just pelt anyone who comes near (aim for the legs of those damn sword+board fighters)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 05, 2011, 07:59:29 pm »

Tip for arena fights against bowmen: Approach them on a curve. Keep them exactly on the left edge of the screen as you approach, they  miss more often than not
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: May 05, 2011, 08:17:37 pm »

I wait until they've pulled back the arrow and then quickly run right, if I was running left

They aim at where you were, not where you are
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: May 05, 2011, 08:23:57 pm »

if you just keep stafing one direction and walking towards bowmen in arena they always miss (just)
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1179 on: May 05, 2011, 08:33:18 pm »

Its way easier than that to start out. What I do is a couple missions while I run around and wait for a war to start. Once war starts, rally up about 25+ dudes and go raid an enemy town, be sure to have an empty inventory. Kill em all, take their stuff, sell it. Do that a few times, you might have to wait until a second war to really get a lot of loot. BY the time you have taken 4-6 towns for all they have, you can outfit a decent starter band to go out and mess stuff up. Always keep your eye out for enemies that have less troops than you, might be an easy win and you start to get some reputation for that stuff.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:34:52 pm by ductape »
I got nothing

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: May 05, 2011, 09:43:49 pm »

In Warband, if you are not willing to invest all your levels points in Intelligence in order to get the Training skill as high as possible, consider to focus one of your companion on getting this.

It makes a huge difference in how quickly your recruit will be trained into better troops.
At very high Training skill (you or one of your companion), it's not rare to get all your recruits leveling up to their next status after the 1st day of their recruitment by example, while at low Training skill it can take days and only for few of your recruits.

If you play with Campaign AI at more than "Poor", this skill is simply vital for your kingdom survival because Campaign AI set the quality of the lords troops.

At poor it may be a mix of troops of different levels several simple footmen and archers, a few marksmen a few knights etc ... , allowing you then to take your time with your troop leveling (so not necessary to have a high Training value) and getting in fight with them with not so high-end troopers.

But at Campaign AI set to the maximum, you'll face legions of knights/mameluks and ranged very precise marksmen/sharpshooters that will tear your army in seconds if they're not high end soldiers themselves.

You really want then a very high Training skill to avoid getting very disadvantaged when going at war with an enemy kingdom in Campaign AI at more than "Poor"

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 05, 2011, 10:08:14 pm »

For some reason I remember seeing something about a custom player faction unit tree... where/how would I manage this?
Same here. I saw this before but I can't figure out how to get the custom player faction units in floris.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 05, 2011, 10:28:40 pm »

Same here. I saw this before but I can't figure out how to get the custom player faction units in floris.
I did find this, but I have no idea if it works in the current version:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, FMP Basic does not add player faction troops on its own. You'll need to create a FMP Basic+ or download FXMP.

Once you've done that, you can recruit your faction troops ONLY if you start your own faction, and set your faction setting in the camp menu. That is, unless you mod the game yourself.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 05, 2011, 10:44:55 pm »

snip
I'm on FXMP; does that automatically do it when I start taking over castles/etc on my own? It doesn't even seem to replace villages with other troops (for example, Khergit if I'm vassaling under them) even after a large amount of time has passed.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 05, 2011, 11:17:24 pm »

Sword of Damocles too crash-prone. Moving to Hats.

Edit: God I had forgotten how annoying just getting started is in M&B. Any way to speed this shit up?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:08:10 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 310