Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656469 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1155 on: May 05, 2011, 06:16:00 am »

Wedding Dance is only for original Mount and Blade. It's the only reason I go back to original M&B occasionally.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 05, 2011, 06:18:14 am »

New challenge for myself.

Make an all female party in vanilla warband.

Note to self: Look where you're going, those generals with 200+ dudes HURT >.<
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 05, 2011, 07:04:34 am »

in Vanilla, how on earth do I keep my possesions safe as an independant warlord? I have a stack of 60 knights that roll over everything bit it feels like I'm fighting water here, when I blaze a trail of destruction through somebody's kingdom they just respawn and capture everything behind me and garrisoning everything means I'm permanently tied up replacing attrition losses everywhere.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 05, 2011, 09:36:18 am »

in Vanilla, how on earth do I keep my possesions safe as an independant warlord? I have a stack of 60 knights that roll over everything bit it feels like I'm fighting water here, when I blaze a trail of destruction through somebody's kingdom they just respawn and capture everything behind me and garrisoning everything means I'm permanently tied up replacing attrition losses everywhere.

If by Vanilla you mean original M&B, then you're pretty much boned, it's the Lunatic Mode of the game. AI prioritizes player holdings and will constantly raid them. Lords will never join the players faction, so you're basically taking on the entire map on your own. Good luck with that.

In Vanilla Warband, you at least have the option to attempt to make peace with factions that declare war on you, excluding the faction whose castle/town you took.

Also, anyone who is playing F&S has probably noticed by now, but your troops will NEVER level up, due to a bug.
You can replace your troop.txt file with this one.

Edit: Wrong link.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:17:38 am by Blaze »

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 05, 2011, 09:37:54 am »

non warband mount and blade wasnt set up for player kingdoms.  In warband you need vassals, either make friends with other lords and con em into joining you or promote a companion or 2.  Dont release captured lords unless you need the money during a serious war and once a war gets going, make it total war.  Kill em all and dont stop till the enemy is totally crushed.  never, Never, NEVER leave an enemy kingdom with just one castle.  Causes more problems than you will ever believe

edit: ninjaed
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 05, 2011, 09:54:13 am »

I was happy I found a japanese inspired mod for warband: Shogun.

But damn. I tried installing it and it crashes right at the intro, with your 'father'. So it's unplayable.

Now I'm sad and craving katana.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 05, 2011, 11:21:41 am »

I wish custom settlements and star wars conquest was ported to warband.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 05, 2011, 11:40:28 am »

And I just learned that WFaS's story has very little connection to the orginal novels, with none of the characters even acting like they did in the book (Which is pretty damn great, if anybody was wondering).

Ah well. I bought the Mount & Blade pack when it was on sale in steam, so I'll be playing Mount & Blade and Mount & Blade: Warband until Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword is patched to an acceptable level of stability and features. Still, I'm rather disappointed at Taleworlds for publishing a game that was obviously unfinished.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 05, 2011, 12:18:41 pm »

To take over the world in vanilla, you pretty much have to take everyone as prisoner and simply steamroll castles quicker than the enemy can recapture them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 05, 2011, 12:34:30 pm »

Also, anyone who is playing F&S has probably noticed by now, but your troops will NEVER level up, due to a bug.
You can replace your troop.txt file with this one.

Edit: Wrong link.

Well, that sounds incredibly QUALITY.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1165 on: May 05, 2011, 01:18:15 pm »

To all the people saying that WFS wasn't made by taleworlds and wasn't made as an expansion to warband, I'll just quote the taleworlds page.

The much awaited 'stand-alone expansion' to the award-winning M&B:Warband, Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword is NOW available for purchase from the TaleWorlds web store!  Seasoned players and new-comers alike can now experience this thrilling new addition to the Mount & Blade series.

Lets see, it says its an expansion to M&B Warband. It says its a new addition to the M&B series. Nowhere does it say "This is a shitty mod from an outside developer who licensed our engine." Looks to me like whether or not Taleworlds made it, they are endorsing it and profiting from it - so they should have made damn sure it lived up to quality standards.

If someone sold me a new computer and said it was their new top of the line model and I later found out it was worse than their previous model and was actually made by some guy who slapped it together from old used parts and sold it to them, I would not be mad at the guy who made it - I would be mad at the company who lied to me.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 05, 2011, 01:54:02 pm »

The Eagle and Radiant cross is great. It has Romans.
In what is essentially the napoleonic era.
With guns.

Play The Eagle and Radiant Cross. It has guns. and winged hussars. Still set in the M&B universe. Did I mention there's a prussian state too?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 05, 2011, 02:17:47 pm »

With guns.

Play The Eagle and Radiant Cross. It has guns. and winged hussars. Still set in the M&B universe. Did I mention there's a prussian state too?
No, But I am currently working for them.

Good god their soldiers have fancy hats
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 05, 2011, 02:35:30 pm »

With guns.

No, But I am currently working for them.

Good god their soldiers have fancy hats

That state was created from the Order of Fabulous Knights.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 05, 2011, 02:39:53 pm »

Well, I'm thinking I'mma try out Sword of Damocles. After that I'll try Eagle/Hats.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 310