Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656413 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1095 on: May 04, 2011, 03:56:19 am »

Gentlemen, this makes me want Warband: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6c4CP_YN3Q

The first time in months that I click on the Warband thread, and this is the funniest thing I've seen in ages.  Holy crap, I gotta play with those guys.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 04, 2011, 04:10:34 am »

That looks like a.....................................

very... professional group of people.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 04, 2011, 05:15:03 am »

Check the sig. Just need some votes and I'll start recording in FRAPs.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 04, 2011, 05:35:00 am »

Whenever I tr to play this Iron Maiden's "The Trooper" starts playing in my head. Probably because I'm on a horse and keep getting pwned by long guns before I'm even in range to do anything.

Attempt 1: Defeated by bandits, vicious cycle of loosing.
Attempt 2: Defeated by bandits, vicious cycle of loosing.
Attempt 3: Defeated bandits, jumped by deserters, THIRTY MOTHERFUCKING WINGED HUSSARS. Meanwhile, a carbine turns out to be better then a lance  in a 1v1 duel. Against the other 29, not so much.
Attempt 4: hired 20 marksmen, lost them all against pikeman deserters because for some stupid reason they didn't get the memo that they're holding guns and no clubs. Ragequit.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 04, 2011, 05:37:50 am »

My advice for those who like riding is wield two pistols. Especially useful in close quarters combat situations like sieges and, as a bonus, they make duels hilariously lopsided, since nobody else thinks to bring two.

Also, that video is fantastic and the ones of them actually fighting are even better.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:42:00 am by Jackrabbit »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: May 04, 2011, 05:38:44 am »

Attempt 4: hired 20 marksmen, lost them all against pikeman deserters because for some stupid reason they didn't get the memo that they're holding guns and no clubs. Ragequit.
Oh, I think i got this during a siege. only me left and all the enemies are gunners that is just standing there trying to block with a gun. I killed them all one by one by approaching slowly.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 04, 2011, 06:36:57 am »

Gentlemen, this makes me want Warband: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6c4CP_YN3Q
brb downloading mount and musket

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 04, 2011, 06:37:53 am »

I'm sticking to Warband, FnS is incredibly frustrating...

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 04, 2011, 06:48:49 am »

To start the 'story', you've got to do one or more special mission for a lord from Poland, Moscow or one of the Cossacks, maybe you just have to get rep up with one of these lords not sure..At any rate, got my rep up to 30 with one from Poland and he offered other quest and convo lines that began the story.

Concerning the story, unlike Warband, the story is about these three factions mostly, the other 2 are sort of bit players, and not about the player. I think thats is why the stock game pigeon holes the player, and stops you from marriage and from starting your own empire..though god knows why kept the stupid rebel faction leaders that you can try to put into power, unless they are hardcoded into the game engine...which may well be the cases lol, considering most mods I have seen make these characters invisible rather than remove them.

On mercs, if you have room for them in you party (Jackrabbit), they are added instantly. Also, upgrade their weapons ect at the merc camp, otherwise they are just about worthless

On tactics, I've been keeping 10-20 inf, marks, and cav. Send inf in to screen marks, then lead a cav charge yourself after the ground units are mixing it up, so that your less likely to get blown away

I tried a siege, seems like its basicly the same as any other mod'd M&B, my inf got hung up on jagged graphics, my low level marks mercs killed 2x their number of enemy elite cav and melee, but we lost because I was shot while trying to take part in the action myself, so as is, F&S requires you to play like a commander not the MVP

Edit: Units do not level up, which is very lame IMO

All said, this one is getting shelved until mods come out
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:01:45 am by jnecros »
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 04, 2011, 06:56:35 am »

On mercs, if you have room for them in you party (Jackrabbit), they are added instantly. Also, upgrade their weapons ect at the merc camp, otherwise they are just about worthless
I meant the soldiers you can apparently hire after you start working for a faction, by talking to a Garrison Commander in a town or fortress. But I think I've worked it out - ordering some soldiers means he trains them up to protect the town. Why I can order him to do this as a Mercenary hired by the crown I do not know.

And, if that's the case, how the hell do I hire faction specific units, or good units like musketeers or pike men? Because the only ones I have are ones I rescued from enemy parties.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 04, 2011, 07:05:00 am »

Oh I get it now. Yes, its seems to be broken. You can hire peasants, but they never level up..Who knows, maybe they want you to only use merc camp units, who don't really level up either, name changes based on equipment
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 04, 2011, 09:10:41 am »

The major change from being able to hire and train (eventually upgrading) peasants to being stuck with Mercenary units and no way to upgrade them other than giving them better equipment (which is expensive, especially bombs... oh god, 65k?) is definitely offputting. A classic case of "hey, lets try something new" that seems to fail. Heavily.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 04, 2011, 10:12:04 am »

Yeah, if you want to get any faction units your only solution seems to be to take/be gifted a town and then recruit the guys from there.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 04, 2011, 10:17:37 am »

I've been playing Warband, and the difficulty seems to be all over the place, atleast before you learn to know different enemies... Also, when I went to war, my first task was to herd cattle through enemy terriotory, without knowing where exactly the dude I was supposed to take them to was. Then, ragequit.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: May 04, 2011, 10:50:34 am »

I've been playing Warband, and the difficulty seems to be all over the place, atleast before you learn to know different enemies... Also, when I went to war, my first task was to herd cattle through enemy terriotory, without knowing where exactly the dude I was supposed to take them to was. Then, ragequit.
Always decline cattle quests. Always.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 310