Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656107 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #975 on: December 07, 2010, 03:21:49 pm »

Yes, as long as you're near someone when a teammate kills them you get a portion of gold an experience at the end of the round. I'm level 20 or so and I can contribute by poking people with awlpikes at least. You can contribute early on by grabbing a poking weapon and making enemy horses stop as they try to run through a bunch of your guys. Even horsemen seeing you with a poking weapon will usually dissuade them from coming near, so you could help protect your archers if anything.

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #976 on: December 07, 2010, 10:55:38 pm »

No, what I meant was something like defense buffs for 'unit' of polearm users, with damage buffs against horses. Or knockdown resistance.

Or buffs for peasant hordes to make them actually useful.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 11, 2010, 02:42:29 am »

Any awesome mods for Warband yet? probably among my favorite so far was SoD. Not looking at multiplayer really, nota  fan of that.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 11, 2010, 02:43:49 am »

Prophesy of Pendor is ridiculously hard and the tournaments are even worse than Native currently.

But I love how much detail is in this mod.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 12, 2010, 03:53:43 am »

A lot of detail, but yah, it feels not just hard but broken - I can do 0 damage to some of the Snake Cult guys? Seriously?

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 12, 2010, 04:51:50 am »

A lot of detail, but yah, it feels not just hard but broken - I can do 0 damage to some of the Snake Cult guys? Seriously?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's safe to call this mod lol-hard. Fortunatley, I've found a trainer that balances things out slightly, it's alot more enjoyable when you're not constantly getting destroyed.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 12, 2010, 05:15:09 am »

The thing is your character starts off weak, because a lot of the troops are levels 30 to 40.

You're much, much better off when you get some companions or troops (mercenaries being far better than faction recruits, of course)

You could just use the export import thing to level your character up and give yourself some starting money.

By the way, using cheats apparently disables some things, I'm not sure what though.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 12, 2010, 11:35:29 am »

Yeah. The merc factions are ridiculously hard and high level. Avoid them at all costs. At least until you have high level troops.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 12, 2010, 11:58:56 am »

I was pretty annoyed when I rescued some farmers, and they levelled up into ridiculously expensive mercenaries, twice as expensive or more as my mamlukes. Certainly not worth it. They were FARMERS! I saved their lives! A little gratitude would be appreciated! I ended up having to fire them all.

Now, peasant women -> sword sisters and manhunters, on the other hand, seem pretty useful.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 12, 2010, 12:24:52 pm »

I don't know about you, but I already have over 100k from tournaments in penor. So I'm all good for now.

I have yet to test trade routes. One of the reasons I like brytenwalda is that you can create caravans to do the trading for you instead.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 15, 2010, 05:36:35 am »

I don't know which version you're referring to but after Lumbajak introduced me to trade routes in vanilla I ended up rolling in dosh within a week.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 15, 2010, 01:00:05 pm »

Was talking about Pen(d)or. Some people alter the prices and stuff in their mods. But yeah, trade routes can be extremely profitable.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 15, 2010, 02:29:18 pm »

Hmm, just tried Solid and Shade for Vanilla and I like the idea, although it's buggy and a bit unpolished. Would love to see someone else take a whack at the idea honestly, as it has more potential than the execution gives it.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 15, 2010, 02:44:22 pm »

I still only have vanilla, but I have been playing a lot of Native Expansion lately. I like the idea of making my own kingdom. I had a really good game going but ended up engraged by the black knights. I could hit any other unit in the game for 10 or 20 damage, but not them!

I think I'll fire up 1866 again. Has it made any improvements over the last 6 months (I know I could read their forums)?

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 15, 2010, 02:48:56 pm »

I don't know which version you're referring to but after Lumbajak introduced me to trade routes in vanilla I ended up rolling in dosh within a week.

Yeah, two bloody great handfulls.

Dosh all up in this Pen(d)or bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 310