Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655788 times)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #825 on: November 16, 2010, 03:01:31 am »

Can anyone give me any tips on how to effective in Warband's combat? In normal Mount and Blade I just grab a horse, a two handed sword and run about like mad. Unfortunatley the mounted combat doesn't have the reach it used to, and I tend to do alot of not being alive because of it.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 16, 2010, 03:55:35 am »

Well, you can't plow throug enemies like in old M&B.  :)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 16, 2010, 07:43:31 am »

I wish there was a mod to change couching to pre warband.

It was the only thing I was good at.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 16, 2010, 09:08:23 am »

I wish there was a mod to change couching to pre warband.

It was the only thing I was good at.

Huh? You can just change it to Options-> Lance Control -> Automatic and it should be like in M&B. No mod needed. It's abit boring though.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 16, 2010, 09:49:54 am »

Not really.  In Original M&B couching was always straight ahead on the right side and you could only aim up and down.  In Warband you can choose to couch manually which is actually better than original M&B since sometimes you might not want to couch for whatever reason and now you have a choice, but what's actually different is that you can now aim your lance on either side of your horse's head depending on where you point the camera.

I'm pretty sure that that's what people are complaining about since as you said you can change lance control to automatic.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 16, 2010, 09:58:27 am »

Couching is for newbs. I just stab as I ride, and it's still instakill because a lance stab with that kind of speed bonus does massive damage. And it's faster than couching, so I can kill 2-3 enemies in one pass.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 16, 2010, 10:02:11 am »

Couching is for newbs. I just stab as I ride, and it's still instakill because a lance stab with that kind of speed bonus does massive damage. And it's faster than couching, so I can kill 2-3 enemies in one pass.

I do the same.
And should your horse die in a fight, then a spear is a much better weapon for close combat.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 16, 2010, 10:36:01 am »

Blood and Steel; playing as the Barbarian.  Keeping an army is hard, so I'm playing it as a small elite force. 
0 Leadership, party size of less then 50-ish.  Hard enough making enough money to maintain that force and satiate my upgrade needs/wants...  I'll probably be rolling in it later on when I'm finished upgrading everything... As long as I'm not tempted to put points in leadership...

The Barbarian is nerfed when it comes to fielding armies and making money, but they get super physical stats.  Yes, I get to play the 'hero' at the cost of having a smaller army that could be overwhelmed by the bigger lord parties out there...
I'll figure out a way to effectively siege with this lot sooner or later...

I've lately been using the...
Spoiler: Long Iron Mace (click to show/hide)
I have no problem running through people and bashing heads from horseback with that.

Well, I also have a 'commander' character.  Not as fun for me.

Though, I suck at this game enough as is.  Well, I've always played on these settings...
Spoiler: Play Settings (click to show/hide)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 16, 2010, 12:46:54 pm »

the village he's hiding in, find him and "WHO ARE YOU? ARE YOU FROM THE FBI?!!?!?!?!?"
That's part of the bad engrish bit. The guy(s) who's making the mod doesn't speak english at all. Even the custom dialogues where he actually wrote something are horrible.

The loading screen is indeed huge and it even has a 3 minutes warning on the bottom. I think you got really unlucky with your starting combination. I didn't run into those problems with weapons.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 16, 2010, 01:09:30 pm »

I've been running around on horseback with a heavy flanged mace. It's got horrible range, but I've gotten pretty good at timing my attacks to I can knock people out as I ride by. That, coupled with 3 points in prisoner management, means I make a TON of money off of captured enemies.

Now, if only those damn nobles didn't keep escaping after I knock them out...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 16, 2010, 02:05:07 pm »

What's wrong with being able to aim your lance as you ride? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do that...

Also, as for the noble thing, I think the chance of you capturing him should be a bit higher if you personally knock him out, making it so you want to seek him out even more.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 16, 2010, 02:10:35 pm »

I just think it should be higher if you stand over his unconscious form as the battle ends. How does he escape if you've got your eye on him?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 16, 2010, 02:15:52 pm »

Invisible Ninjas, they can stop time.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 16, 2010, 03:01:54 pm »

What's wrong with being able to aim your lance as you ride? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do that...

Also, as for the noble thing, I think the chance of you capturing him should be a bit higher if you personally knock him out, making it so you want to seek him out even more.

I don't know, ask the people who're complaining about it.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 16, 2010, 03:18:01 pm »

Nobles have an 80% chance of escaping, so yeah it's stupidly high.

I just changed it to 50%, so it's an even change.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 310