Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655606 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #720 on: August 26, 2010, 03:10:34 pm »

Oh shit, that's ossum =)

patches.. that is. now I gotta try this game again.

EDIT: The 1.131 is a hotfix I bet.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 26, 2010, 03:29:31 pm »

Hmm. I own Warband, but it seems like all the good mods are for the original. Seeing as how it's on sale, I'm debating buying the original as well.

Any suggestions? Is it worth buying the original for the mods? $7.50 is fairly cheap, but it's still a fair bit of money for something where Native gameplay is totally out-classed by the sequel...

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 26, 2010, 03:32:39 pm »

Warband is getting good mods too, keep in mind the game only came out back at the end of March.

The biggest singleplayer conversion mod appears to be 1257 AD and it's still in beta, but we're definitely getting there.

I'd say it's safe to just stick with Warband.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 26, 2010, 03:45:06 pm »

Most of the big mods are porting over to Warband.

Though, I guess a few aren't.

Give it time and the mods will be up there in quality and difference sooner or later.  Or if you want it 'now'....
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 26, 2010, 04:53:22 pm »

1866? Are they porting that?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 26, 2010, 05:44:56 pm »

1866? Are they porting that?

Funny you should mention that, seeing as how it's one of the mods that most interested me. They've already got (some semblance of) multi-player for 1866 in Warband, but single-player is still a (at least somewhat) distant dream. At least, that's what I understood from the thread about it.

I guess a related question: for those who own M&B, and who use mods for it, what mods do you like? I prefer decently-polished/finished mods, generally, and knowing what to look for might help decide if there are enough mods/high-quality mods to warrant a purchase.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 26, 2010, 05:46:27 pm »

At the moment I only use Diplomacy mod, and Pike & Blade until there's better balance.

And of course the battle size changer, making Tactics all the more useless.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 26, 2010, 06:29:23 pm »

I guess a related question: for those who own M&B, and who use mods for it, what mods do you like? I prefer decently-polished/finished mods, generally, and knowing what to look for might help decide if there are enough mods/high-quality mods to warrant a purchase.
I play Native Expansion in M&B. Don't have Warband yet. Might pick it up this weekend.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 26, 2010, 07:21:05 pm »

1866 is the shit. It is the best mod, you have no idea. The BEST. Very atmospheric, with relatively realistic armor values (what, you expected your uniform to have damage reduction? It's made of cloth, CSA Regular!). It makes guns look deadly, while melee weapons are still usable. It manages to capture the feel of an Old West flick set in the midst of War.

Compare to the Star Wars mod, which for some stupid reason has blasters doing less damage than swords, when we've seen what blasters can do in the movies (they kill with shrapnel damage, and Han's modified DL44 is powerful enough to blow torso-sized chunks out of the walls).

Or the Wedding Dance mod. Decent difficulty, a light storyline... but some of the female armor drives me into a near-insane rage. It's not that it's skimpy; I've come to accept that most people who play video games are adolescent males. It's just that some of it is so goddamn illogical. The female "Half Plate"? It literally does not have a back. You are running around with your ass bare and nothing holding up your armor, it looks so stupid it's crazy. Other than that, Wedding Dance is pretty good.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 27, 2010, 07:04:33 am »

Warband.

On Steam.

$10

You have no excuse.

Also, patch 1.130 (now 1.131) adds achievements for those people who desperately need to enlarge their e-peens.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 27, 2010, 05:35:35 pm »

I've been rather confused about the 1.31 patch. Is it only for steam users?

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 27, 2010, 05:42:50 pm »

1.131 was a hotfix thing as far as I can tell.

And no everyone gets it.

Steam users have the exact same game as everyone else, otherwise we couldn't do multiplayer together.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 27, 2010, 06:43:20 pm »

I didn't get the hype for 1866. I played it for an hour or two. I got bored with it quite fast.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 27, 2010, 06:47:40 pm »

I'll probably grab a cheap Steam copy assuming I get to a store and grab a disposable credit card quickly.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 27, 2010, 07:53:53 pm »

I didn't get the hype for 1866. I played it for an hour or two. I got bored with it quite fast.

Probably Westerns aren't really your thing.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 310