Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655604 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #705 on: August 11, 2010, 10:07:54 am »

I'm so sick of fighting, we have been in constant war with all the nations for a year, the vaegirs are annihilated and so would be the nords if we didn't make peace.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 11, 2010, 11:49:03 am »

That's a feature that's been around for ages, but only officially active in versions 1.26 and up.

The basic plan is to build an appropriate factory in areas that have a high demand for said trade good. I find that the sell cost of the trade good is more important than the buy cost of the required materials.

That being said, the price of trade goods fluctuate (Though the fact that you're adding to the supply doesn't seem to affect the economy at all). So it's possible that your profits will go negative, but shouldn't happen if you've placed your factories correctly. The exception is velvet, which barely moves at all in any town excluding Jelkala.

If you're at war with the faction that controls the town that houses your factory, your profits (or losses) will be "Sequestered" until the end of the war or a non-hostile faction captures the town.

Profits from factories are affected by tax inefficiency though, so toss those extra villages away if you want to maximize your profits.

Keep in mind that it does take some time for factories to actually pay for themselves though.

To bad that your choice is permanent.
Looks like I have to be sparing until I have 10k for the most lucrative deals.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 11, 2010, 01:46:04 pm »

I've got a business in every single town on the map right now. I make about 10k a week, minus army costs. I suspect I'll make a lot more once I take a fief.

And what do you mean your choice is permanent? You can shut down businesses to open other ones.

Anyhoo, if anyone wants to duel you can add me on Steam.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 11, 2010, 02:31:25 pm »

Man, I was just playing as the kingdom of nords, and, in the middle of a war with the swadians that seemed to be about to end as half their kingdom was taken over, the vaegirs attacked. Shouldn't be a problem, once the war with the swadians ended we could shift our full focus there. It's actually going quite well as I'm randomly elected the marshal and subsequently lead the capture of a bunch of vaegir settlements. However, the Rhodoks attack despite having no borders with us and march in and take both of my fiefs, Praven and Tevarin, while I'm fighting the Vaegirs. Then King Ragnar is like, 'oh well thanks for being the marshal we don't need you any more.'
Also, the whole mechanism for making lords defect to your faction is really screwy. With 1300 renown, 8 persuasion, 100 honour rating, and friend status with someone who really hates their liege, they tell me that they won't join because I'm friends with vipers and vultures, presumably because I'm friends with literally my entire faction and several sarranid and khergit lords I've never met.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 11, 2010, 06:19:31 pm »

Actually, you can lose money with the town business thing, when cities and villages around it get hit a lot.

Curaw and Dhirim are hands-off cash cows @ 500 per week with Iron Works.  Dhirim can be sieged a whole lot...

Shariz is a hands-off cash cows too, I think with Linen?  Or was it Iron Works?  Don't remember.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 11, 2010, 06:24:14 pm »

Also, the whole mechanism for making lords defect to your faction is really screwy. With 1300 renown, 8 persuasion, 100 honour rating, and friend status with someone who really hates their liege, they tell me that they won't join because I'm friends with vipers and vultures, presumably because I'm friends with literally my entire faction and several sarranid and khergit lords I've never met.

To be fair, I wouldn't trust anyone Taisa or Klargus have a positive opinion of.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 11, 2010, 08:45:00 pm »

To bad that your choice is permanent.
Looks like I have to be sparing until I have 10k for the most lucrative deals.

Not really, if you go talk to your master <profession name+er>, you'll have the option "It's no longer possible for me to continue operating this enterprise". You'll get some money back and can start a new business immediately; unless your relation with the town dropped below 0.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 12, 2010, 05:37:22 am »

Yay I single handedly captured my first caste AND THE KING GAVE IT TO ME!
Now I'm not sure how I shall defend it.

Will recruits in there gain XP if i leave a character with trainer in there?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 12, 2010, 06:22:06 am »

I don't think you can garrison companions...

The diplomacy mod gives you the option to pay to have someone recruit and train troops in order to garrison castles.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 12, 2010, 01:55:19 pm »

Shariz is a hands-off cash cows too, I think with Linen?  Or was it Iron Works?  Don't remember.
Linen, like 800 a week.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 12, 2010, 03:02:46 pm »

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up on a mod for the basic Mount and Blade that is set in the Warhammer universe. I think it is very entertaining, I have sunk many, many hours into it so far.

Most of the work was done by one man, but he recieved supprt for 2 others. So, that being said, it is not perfect. However, it captures the feel of the setting and has a lot to offer those who can get past some of the more unusual looking models.

There is a pretty large update for it coming out very soon that will resolve many issues.

Anyways here it is:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,87192.0.html
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 24, 2010, 09:50:59 pm »

They just released Steam Achievements for Warband. Not a big thing although they are rather amusing references.

Excepting an actual update sometime soon perhaps.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 25, 2010, 04:29:12 am »

So I started a new game again.

My leader will be a mounted archer with good melee capabilities and skilled at looting.

I'll leave the important party skills to 2 party members, 1 shall become a trader/diplomat, while the other 5 become warriors.

When I start my own kingdom I'll promote my noble warriors to vasalls and later on, even the commoners, while the specialized party members stay by my side.

What do you think of it?
How do you plan out your party?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 26, 2010, 03:02:41 pm »

Ten dollarbucks on steam

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 26, 2010, 03:09:46 pm »

I have already made use of this fact.

Again.

Also two patches were released in rapid succession.

Change log 1.130

NEW!!!

* 3 Amazingly awesome multiplayer maps!
    * Forest Hideout: Perfect for team play modes like TDM, CTF, and Conquest.
    * The Arena: The go to place for battle, deathmatch, and duel modes.
    * Jammeyyed Castle: A unique siege in the desert.

* New music and sounds have been added to single and multi-player modes.

Gameplay:

* Mahdaar Castle map has been slightly redesigned for better play.
    * Warhorse & Charger stats have been balanced.
    * Camp Followers and Sword Sisters now get Power strike skill.
    * Swadian and Rhodok troops have been rebalanced.

Fixes:

* Village infestation quest is fixed.
    * Bandit lair navigation meshes have been updated.
    * Custom troop group behavior fix for defending castles.
    * Some graphical fixes concerning specularity.
    * Fixed banner display problems on heraldic armors.
    * Non-English language fixes/additions.
    * Various other bug fixes :)
No change log for 1.131 yet
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 310