Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655585 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #690 on: August 01, 2010, 04:35:27 am »

Hey, if he was set to 1/4, then it was technically an even fight.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 01, 2010, 06:43:04 am »

Actually no. Somehow I managed to breach the wall, no reduction on. Once that happened, a shield on my front and one on my back. Barely did it.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 09, 2010, 05:37:51 pm »

Getting it now onto my new PC.
I'm ready for some high resolution action.

Who's with me?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 09, 2010, 08:36:35 pm »

MEEEEEEEEEEE-

Awh wait my computer is burnt out and barely working, nevermind.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 10, 2010, 07:18:24 am »

Does shield on the back actually protect you? I might trade my morningstar for another shield as it doesn't seem to be as helpful as I thought it would be.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 10, 2010, 07:29:53 am »

Does shield on the back actually protect you? I might trade my morningstar for another shield as it doesn't seem to be as helpful as I thought it would be.

It does block arrows shot at your back.
Very useful when riding horses.

I'm not sure about melee attacks though...

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 10, 2010, 07:46:27 am »

Shield on the back is pretty useful on the horse. If someone gets behind you then you at least protect your back from missile weapons. Very useful against those goddamn Mongorians!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 10, 2010, 08:26:41 am »

Yeah, reduces damage taken from missile weapons. And wearing armour as heavy as I was, each arrow to the back did like 1 damage.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 10, 2010, 01:33:38 pm »

I recently discovered that in warband you can build manufacturies for weekly income. God damn this is useful.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 10, 2010, 01:45:15 pm »

I recently discovered that in warband you can build manufacturies for weekly income. God damn this is useful.

Discovered it today, but was sceptic.
How do they work?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 10, 2010, 02:04:19 pm »

How do they work?
Quite well, you spend 2k-10k on a factory, 7 days later it's basically running itself and by default the profits go directly into your weekly budget and offset wages. You could potentially have a factory in every town and be making like 5k+ a week without owning any fiefs or having much of an army. You could deposit the raw materials into the factory if you find them cheaper in a different town or set the factory to not auto-sell what it produces, too. Additionally, they seem to boost the economy of the towns they're built in somewhat, though you can only have 1 per town.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 10, 2010, 02:42:34 pm »

How do they work?
Quite well, you spend 2k-10k on a factory, 7 days later it's basically running itself and by default the profits go directly into your weekly budget and offset wages. You could potentially have a factory in every town and be making like 5k+ a week without owning any fiefs or having much of an army. You could deposit the raw materials into the factory if you find them cheaper in a different town or set the factory to not auto-sell what it produces, too. Additionally, they seem to boost the economy of the towns they're built in somewhat, though you can only have 1 per town.

Hmm, is it possible to loose money that way?
Or do they only give different amounts of profit?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 10, 2010, 03:36:22 pm »

How do they work?

If it starts out giving 500 profit a week I severely doubt it would dip into negative profit.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 10, 2010, 03:43:42 pm »

How do they work?

If it starts out giving 500 profit a week I severely doubt it would dip into negative profit.

Whoops, sorry.
I thought this contract was for a limited amount of time.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 10, 2010, 07:23:31 pm »

That's a feature that's been around for ages, but only officially active in versions 1.26 and up.

The basic plan is to build an appropriate factory in areas that have a high demand for said trade good. I find that the sell cost of the trade good is more important than the buy cost of the required materials.

That being said, the price of trade goods fluctuate (Though the fact that you're adding to the supply doesn't seem to affect the economy at all). So it's possible that your profits will go negative, but shouldn't happen if you've placed your factories correctly. The exception is velvet, which barely moves at all in any town excluding Jelkala.

If you're at war with the faction that controls the town that houses your factory, your profits (or losses) will be "Sequestered" until the end of the war or a non-hostile faction captures the town.

Profits from factories are affected by tax inefficiency though, so toss those extra villages away if you want to maximize your profits.

Keep in mind that it does take some time for factories to actually pay for themselves though.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 310