Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655565 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #660 on: July 14, 2010, 05:01:37 pm »

My computer does that with a number of games. I think it's due to overheating in my case though, because it doesn't happen if I have a fan pointed at it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 14, 2010, 05:02:18 pm »

What exactly is the persistant world mod? I've only tried one mod so far and it was cRPG. Didn't really work very well though, bugged out all my menus.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 14, 2010, 05:07:57 pm »

What exactly is the persistant world mod? I've only tried one mod so far and it was cRPG. Didn't really work very well though, bugged out all my menus.
You didn't install it right then.

The persistent world mod is a multiplayer mod with a big map, players can be whatever and do whatever. It's a sandbox multiplayer match, pretty much.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 14, 2010, 11:00:36 pm »

When players are able to effectively communicate with eachother in that mod, it will be so much fun.

Right now you just wander around getting owned by dudes until you manage to collect enough money from 'mining' things to afford a coloured shirt which will keep you from getting owned by one of the factions. It's really a game of figuring out who is most likely to kill you and joining their team. I found that after a while, I began joining in on the grief raids into the mines and villages if only because not doing so would result in my unfortunate demise.

A vicious cycle, indicative of many parts of the world torn by war.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 15, 2010, 12:20:32 pm »

Warband makes training fields in singleplayer very useful!

Not only can you safely train all your newbie units, it also gives you a chance to practice manually blocking and combat technique. The downside is that it is staff vs staff every time.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #665 on: July 15, 2010, 12:59:06 pm »

I get the slow down after a few hours too. It works perfectly fine with normal M&B, it just happens in Warband. I think its a memory problem (memory leak or something similar), since after a few hours I notice that the memory usage goes up significantly and thats when my performance problem occurs.

I just restart the program every hour or so and everything is smooth.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 15, 2010, 01:17:29 pm »

The downside is that it is staff vs staff every time.
Really? It seems to randomize it every time for me.
Sword & Shield, Two-handed sword and staff.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 15, 2010, 02:59:33 pm »

Well, I did over two dozen combats with five total combatants (including me) and we always had staves.

When you're doing it, you're using the sparring practice against your own units, right?

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 15, 2010, 03:11:41 pm »

Well, I did over two dozen combats with five total combatants (including me) and we always had staves.

When you're doing it, you're using the sparring practice against your own units, right?

It should be randomized like he said.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 15, 2010, 06:42:55 pm »

Yeah, seems like you're incredibly unlucky there.

Also I'm doing a run with everything as difficult as possible, including realistic saving, I am a Rhodok named Count Duke Ferdinand.

I've been taken prisoner by bandits twice now.

(And how the hell do I do the couched lance thingy with lanc econtrol on Manual (Hard)? On Automatic you just keep running straight until it lowers, but that doesn't happen in manual)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 15, 2010, 06:46:20 pm »

Yeah, seems like you're incredibly unlucky there.

Also I'm doing a run with everything as difficult as possible, including realistic saving, I am a Rhodok named Count Duke Ferdinand.

I've been taken prisoner by bandits twice now.

(And how the hell do I do the couched lance thingy with lanc econtrol on Manual (Hard)? On Automatic you just keep running straight until it lowers, but that doesn't happen in manual)
If I remember right, pressing c should do it. ...Maybe.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 15, 2010, 06:51:47 pm »

Switch weapon modes (X by default) whenever the lil circle icon near your lance isn't red.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 16, 2010, 02:49:02 pm »

Thanks, now I can turn the difficulty back up 10% and feel super hardcore.

Also I can't manual block for shit and equipping my 7 companions is quite tedious.

And I don't think the Rhodoks are quite as good as the Nords, but I guess I haven't seen much of them in action yet.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 16, 2010, 10:35:44 pm »

Stay away from the Sergeants. They are death.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 17, 2010, 02:16:13 am »

God dammit I keep getting CtDs for no reason with mount and blade, warband or not. I can't play the game any more.  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 310