Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655516 times)

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #570 on: June 30, 2010, 07:19:54 pm »

I have a hold over basic single player function now, but I have a few questions:

1) I have yet to find an option to seige or loot an enemy castle or town. How do I shot war?

2) What mods are recommended for single player play?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 30, 2010, 07:21:09 pm »

Attack their supply caravans to get into negative relations with them, THEN RAPE AND PILLAGE.

Get native expansion for just mount and blade. Warband I have no idea
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 30, 2010, 07:47:12 pm »

I have a hold over basic single player function now, but I have a few questions:

1) I have yet to find an option to seige or loot an enemy castle or town. How do I shot war?

2) What mods are recommended for single player play?

War is good. Assuming you're a vassal, just keep ticking off the enemy (raid caravans, mostly) and they'll declare war on you shortly. Or just wait for your nation to start a war - they're rarely at peace for long, especially if you haven't already conquered half the continent.  ;)

If you're a lone warlord (good luck with that.  :P ), then it's as easy as obtaining a -10 relation with the target, then sallying into their base and "Taking a hostile action". Of course, that's when the 'easy' part ends, as facing an entire nation's army with your measly little band is, shall we say, 'challenging'.

As for mods... if you've got the original, I've heard lots of good things about "1866" - that western mod. I've got Warband, and haven't found any good mods for it yet...

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 01, 2010, 09:12:40 am »

Oh my god.
I just discovered that the default options enabled my character to get one quarter of the normal damage.
As I turned it to normal, even stones became deadly weapons.
Much more interesting this way.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 01, 2010, 09:39:58 am »

When you take a castle or city(at least in the original vanilla), you'll have to have a metric crapton of reknown to be even considered to be given it as a vassal. As a rebel, however, the "rightful" monarch you're supporting will comply with every single decision you make, including who gets what town(all to yourself if you want).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 01, 2010, 09:48:24 am »

Is there any single-player mod that focuses on a small squad and a smaller number of companions. I loved companions when there were four of them because they stood out, but when you get 16... it's just too overwhelming. (I'm a completionist so I catch 'em all).

I have a company of 55 men now, acting as mercenaries for Nord. Going to wreck havoc on Vaegyr villages.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 01, 2010, 10:13:52 am »

Crappy FPS ruins my game experience :/
Makes archery nearly impossible and forces me to start over and over again.

I should wait until I get my new PC, before I play it to death this way.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 01, 2010, 10:21:25 am »

As for mods... if you've got the original, I've heard lots of good things about "1866" - that western mod. I've got Warband, and haven't found any good mods for it yet...

Damn. So, I just picked up 1866?

It is fantastic.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 01, 2010, 12:34:18 pm »

I just found a warband mod where I get to be a tree, a soulless and raped snowman, or a santa. There goes my week.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 01, 2010, 12:41:02 pm »

I just found a warband mod where I get to be a tree, a soulless and raped snowman, or a santa. There goes my week.
I have but one thing to say about this: What?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 01, 2010, 01:23:22 pm »

I second this. What. The. Heck?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 01, 2010, 02:17:30 pm »

Land of Bleeding Ice.
It's pretty damn fun. Trees chasing trees is exciting and action packed. I just got bored with it because I lost half my army in auto-resolve. Those poor, poor trees..

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 01, 2010, 02:19:17 pm »

Land of Bleeding Ice.
It's pretty damn fun. Trees chasing trees is exciting and action packed. I just got bored with it because I lost half my army in auto-resolve. Those poor, poor trees..
I repeat(with added emphasis): What?!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 01, 2010, 02:23:09 pm »

Land of Bleeding Ice.
I repeat(with added emphasis): What?!
Rawr Rawr! I'm a fucking yeti!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 01, 2010, 08:03:07 pm »

Rawr Rawr!
Hohohoho!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 310