Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655517 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #555 on: June 28, 2010, 04:19:24 pm »

Yeah, that map is great for the lance (as well for archers), the terrain is pretty flat, so you rarely lose couching and there aren't many obstacles to stop you.

Except for dozens of unmanned horses which will run around freely later on...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 28, 2010, 04:31:14 pm »

Yeah, that map is great for the lance (as well for archers), the terrain is pretty flat, so you rarely lose couching and there aren't many obstacles to stop you.
People didn't kill them when you played? I usually kill the horses as well. You don't want some horseless knight guy finding a new one.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 28, 2010, 06:19:47 pm »

People didn't kill them when you played? I usually kill the horses as well. You don't want some horseless knight guy finding a new one.
I'm usually blocked by horses with someone on them, often someone on my own side as well, and then somehow surrounded by a couple dozen angry enemy knights and can't move. Of course, I'm talking about the original(and only have the demo at that).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 28, 2010, 07:38:11 pm »

I always aim for the horses first. They're a lot bigger, and a lot easier, to take down than that irate guy with a sword and shield riding them.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 29, 2010, 12:33:33 am »

Cavalry forces are pretty terrible at fighting open fielding battles when unmounted, too.

Strangely, they're amazing as shock troops in the castle sieges because they have so much armour.

Not sure if it's this way in MP, as well.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 29, 2010, 05:54:36 am »

If only I could play this online... Not enough Internets at home. :(

I despise cavalry. I always play as a true Nordic warrior, wielding a two-handed sword (bastard sword is preferable) or a great axe. Fighting on foot feels more intense.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 29, 2010, 10:30:41 am »

There is a persistent powerup module, it's great. Most fun I've ever had with warband MP.

The reason is quite simple, you get xp/gold as long as you're close to friendlies killing people, the closer you are, the more you get. So people actually -form shield lines for archers- (Yes, if you form shield line and your archers decimate the enemy, you get lots of xp/gold), ride together, defend castles and towers like they meant it.

Tried it and didn't like it.
You can't buy any reasonable starting equipment from the money you get.
So the first half of the turn you spend hiding somewhere, until somebody drops a shield and a weapon that is actually useful.
Most of the time you won't life that long though.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 29, 2010, 12:33:29 pm »

If you spend it hiding, you're not getting money or xp.

If you want to be a good peasant, you have to be in the middle in the battle.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 29, 2010, 01:41:52 pm »

I'll reset my character, buy a shield and armor only.
Then I'll shield my archers, while looking for someone dropping his weapon.

Let's see how this works out.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 30, 2010, 12:53:03 pm »

Not good.
You're still just playing cannon fooder for the enemy team.

And I've reached the point where I'm stuck in Singleplayer again.
An Army of 60 men, member of the Swedian faction and nothing to do :/
I have to wait until the other nobles engage the enemy, as I am to weak to do it on my own.
Any ideas how to spead up my conquest of the nordish empire?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 30, 2010, 12:59:42 pm »

1. Fight bandits til your units are as far upgraded as possible.
2. Steamroll hundreds with your superior strength.

Numbers don't matter nearly as much as rank.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 30, 2010, 01:01:30 pm »

Not good.
You're still just playing cannon fooder for the enemy team.

And I've reached the point where I'm stuck in Singleplayer again.
An Army of 60 men, member of the Swedian faction and nothing to do :/
I have to wait until the other nobles engage the enemy, as I am to weak to do it on my own.
Any ideas how to spead up my conquest of the nordish empire?
Hmm. As a peasant, you end up being cannon fodder for a couple hours or so. But after you get some stats and skill points you can do much better. The thing is, the best way for you to play with that mod is to group up as much as possible. Also, the newer your character, the longest the weapon you want. Stick to staves and really long weapons so you can actually help with the smacking a little bit.

As for the single player, do missions for the king or the high ups. There's always a point in single player (if you're not a CHA character) where you will be stuck with a certain number of troops. Renown wont help you that much after that point and to advance, you will need castles and cities. So you want to be given those by your rulers. So yeah, keep on sucking up, hit on the king's wife if you can so you can have her increase your standing with him later and so on.

If you can, train your troops to max and then go on picking lone enemy vassals in the map. It should increase the chances of your side starting an offensive.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #567 on: June 30, 2010, 01:07:36 pm »

Becoming marshal is good for some action. Then you can rally the other lords and lead your own invasions. As marshal they will follow you around on campaign and join sieges that you lead. They also join in on regular battles and you can command their troops in them. You could ride around alone and just lead the npc troops as a marshal if you wanted to.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 30, 2010, 03:45:40 pm »

Bewarned though that it's like herding kittens. The AI has even less sense of tactics outside of battles. You'll be trying to lead a siege on a city, and a 400 man party will keep running away after an enemy supply caravan.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 30, 2010, 04:45:18 pm »

Hint hint, increase AI difficulty.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 310