Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655450 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #480 on: June 06, 2010, 06:56:32 pm »

Sure enough, there is.

While plying the forums, I also found this: Khazad-dûm

Obviously, someone who plays Dwarf Fortress found this mod before me :D.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 07, 2010, 01:48:23 am »

I kind of wish more mods would focus on improvements to the overland gameplay and city/army/castle management instead of focusing on new weapons and armor.

Sword of Damocles was my favorite mainly because of the out of battle improvements. Though after playing that mod and some of the other ones that used formations, I can't really accept any other mod that didn't allow me to change battle formations or tighten ranks.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 01:50:09 am by Lap »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 07, 2010, 02:56:53 am »

Yeah, formations make a huge difference against cavalry.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 07, 2010, 03:04:14 am »

Oh, I want to try this mod:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,178.0.html

This time, we bring you an intense Multiplayer experience, namely

* Leveling your char - you decide what skills, attributes and weapon proficiencies to raise
    * Buying items - spend your money wisely on what gear you want to carry to battle
    * Choice - wear every piece of item from the singleplayer campaign.
    * Persistant Chars - you log off, you log on, you keep playing your char

This is the stuff that works in our alpha so far. You upgrade your skills and gear via a website.

What will be considered, and, depending on feasability, be added eventually:

* Less interruptions in the game flow (right now you have to restart the server to update the gear - this is done every 30 mins)
    * Leveling and gearing inside the game
    * Using the system for something even more epic (MMO or COOP)

This will make Warband multiplayer perfect. :D

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 07, 2010, 03:52:50 am »

Sunday formation battles are where it's at.

I've never even played in one. Just watching the videos is awesome. Follow the soldier as he joins the battle with his xFire activated, battling the Rhodok scum. Off in the distance, a full cavalry regiment rides past. Up ahead, the enemy is advancing in a perfectly formed shield wall, as arrows fly over their heads and kill the guy standing next to our stalwart hero.

222 players (111 on each team) is pretty wild, too.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 07, 2010, 03:57:37 am »

Persistent online characters!? /vomit

I sure love dying to someone simply because they have better items and character skills than I do.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 07, 2010, 04:00:03 am »

You enjoy the vanilla game, then?
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 07, 2010, 04:07:17 am »

It is when it is another player with their +10 axe of Iwinz.... or with the +10 light armor of Itankz.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 07, 2010, 04:08:14 am »

I vary rarely am knocked unconsious by anything in singleplayer, too much AI exploitation or avoiding hopeless fights all together. Besides, I might as well not like any singleplayer game ever created by that logic.

Rich get richer mechanisms in multiplayer are universally pretty terrible.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 07, 2010, 03:28:36 pm »

I think they teach kids an important lesson that life is rough, and their situation will never get better, so get back in the fucking asteroid and mine so you can feed your family

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 07, 2010, 03:46:42 pm »

I sure love dying to someone simply because they have better items and character skills than I do.
Ironic.

It's the challenge of beating characters who have better equipment that drives me into these things.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 07, 2010, 04:05:52 pm »

Ironic.

It's the challenge of beating characters who have better equipment that drives me into these things.

I don't know, starting out with basic gear vs someone kitted out?  Sure, you can probably beat the person...  eventually, if the person never heals and you got unlimited respawns.  Provided you can do more then 0 damage and parry/block attacks well enough...

Quick road to "I'm taking a LONG break" for me...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 07, 2010, 04:08:38 pm »

If you're extremely skilled at Mount and Blade, you can probably take out a fully outfitted due with your basic equipment. I'm thinking of one of the videos of Sunday formation where the blond chick in the cavalry regiment next to the video taker survives the whole match, even after being thrown off her horse and surrounded by heavily armed Nords (though, the video was a complete slaughter).

Against a well-trained, highly skilled, well-outfitted enemy, though, you're probably doomed.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 07, 2010, 04:14:33 pm »

Against a well-trained, highly skilled, well-outfitted enemy, though, you're probably doomed.
80% chance that someone is inherently better then me.  Top on good equipment and I'm done.
I'm not that great a player to begin with, my forays into multiplayer end up with me getting beat down on a regular basis.  So, yea, I tend to stick to singleplayer mode.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 310