Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655353 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #330 on: March 16, 2010, 04:32:14 am »

What exactly does Wedding Dance have besides gratuitous cheesy nudity?
It has a story for a change. Actual jousts. Solve problems with duels. Marriage. Solo Dungeon-like missions. The factions are a little more characterized. Inquisition. And I'm sure there are other things I don't remember.

The gratuitous cheesy nudity is a little grating at times (yes I get it, they're Valkyries and amazons, they don't need thongs with the armor quality of platemail), but the extra additions are kind of fun.  Jousts are utter inanity.  If you actually head straight at each other, like jousting, you'll both deliver and receive on the order of 65 damage.  The only way to end without a draw is to angle out and dive back in off-kilter.  Haven't found many of the dungeon-like missions or story bits though, so I can't vouch.  Also, everyone expects the motherfucking Inquisition.  Damn those guys are dicks.

It's funny.  A couple weeks after I first got Mount&Blade, I uninstalled it.  Not because I didn't like it, oh no.  Because like Inner Space, SEIV, Morrowind, and Dwarf Fortress I can just keep playing it, bored out of my skull but unwilling to quit.  I uninstalled it so I could get shit done on my last vacation.  Having already squandered four days of another vacation, I've a mind to delete this game outright and never download it again.  It's not even that great, but I keep finding myself playing it without realizing.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 16, 2010, 01:00:06 pm »

Hmm, you might have had to start out with the newest version, and patch that afterwards, I don't remember the fix exaxctly, its been a while.

Did you start with an older version and patch it to the newest one, or did you start from the newest one too?

I started with 4.55 and then patched where necessary

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 16, 2010, 02:50:20 pm »

The gratuitous cheesy nudity is a little grating at times (yes I get it, they're Valkyries and amazons, they don't need thongs with the armor quality of platemail), but the extra additions are kind of fun.  Jousts are utter inanity.  If you actually head straight at each other, like jousting, you'll both deliver and receive on the order of 65 damage.  The only way to end without a draw is to angle out and dive back in off-kilter.  Haven't found many of the dungeon-like missions or story bits though, so I can't vouch.  Also, everyone expects the motherfucking Inquisition.  Damn those guys are dicks.
Yeah, I don't even care about the nudity. Some of the nude armors are cool, but others are just... okay, how's that armor with 50 protection? ...  But, I think that if someone mixed WD with SoD, it would be the ultimate medieval mod.

The only dungeon I've seen is against the inquisition and it's rather disturbing. There's also a siege-like mission against the inquisition. After 100 days of gameplay, expect those guys to be really really mean. They run around with 100+ elite units.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 16, 2010, 06:15:48 pm »

Okay, reinstalled it and it still gets the same crash.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 16, 2010, 06:22:13 pm »

Is it possible to remove a faction from the game? If so I will get rid of every last kerghit as soon as possible. In a 30 vs. 30 battle, with all of my units mid-rank, they still beat me even after I killed 10 alone. Those horse archers make mincemeat out of infantry...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 16, 2010, 06:33:48 pm »

You just need strategy.

And make sure you do not rely on infantry alone.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 16, 2010, 06:55:06 pm »

Is it possible to remove a faction from the game? If so I will get rid of every last kerghit as soon as possible. In a 30 vs. 30 battle, with all of my units mid-rank, they still beat me even after I killed 10 alone. Those horse archers make mincemeat out of infantry...

Capture all their towns.  Capture all their lords.  Never let em go.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 16, 2010, 09:22:31 pm »

It helps to manually adjust capture rates.

To like, 85-95% capture instead of 80% escape.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 16, 2010, 11:27:38 pm »

Hmm, it sounds like the prisoner bug is pretty prevalent but reinstalling apperently helps. Downloading now from a confirmed source, hoping it'll work out

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 16, 2010, 11:31:53 pm »

Prisoner bug?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 17, 2010, 12:11:23 am »

I've never heard of this prisoner bug.

You can destroy a faction, and then their lords will be assigned to other factions! It's kind of funny fighting along side the Vaegir lords I kept taking captive.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:10:33 am by Morsigil »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2010, 12:52:09 am »

Prisoner bug was making the game crash whenever there were larger number of prisoners captured and freed in a battle, but it was definitely due to the buggy download - make sure your installer is 381 mb for 1.011 and you're definitely all set.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 18, 2010, 02:00:01 pm »

For those playing Native, pick up Alayen if you want the best fighting companion possible. He starts level 2 so fast leveling up, but also with 11 str, second highest out of any companion. This means you can quickly get him high powerstrike and ironflesh. I have him equipped with a two handed axe, and he singlehandedly destroys the front line in castle sieges, taking down maybe 30-40 guys before getting wounded. Also he doesnt complain about looting villages or caravans.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 19, 2010, 03:52:18 pm »

Just played a bit of the Star Wars mod, which includes its own version of Custom Battles. 3-way, me(Rebels), the Empire, and the Hutts. The Empire and the Hutts started near each other, and so began to slaughter one another. Eventually the Empire won it, in part because my forces were sniping at both and the Hutts were closer. Since not one of my guys was even hurt(it started 100-even for each), and there were only a couple dozen or so left, it finished quickly.

What's hilarious though is that it seemed that my entire army had to reload their blasters at the same time right when there was only one Imperial left. And they all fired on him at the same exact time. It was a wall of lasers that knocked the poor bastard back.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 19, 2010, 11:35:03 pm »

For those playing Native, pick up Alayen if you want the best fighting companion possible. He starts level 2 so fast leveling up, but also with 11 str, second highest out of any companion. This means you can quickly get him high powerstrike and ironflesh. I have him equipped with a two handed axe, and he singlehandedly destroys the front line in castle sieges, taking down maybe 30-40 guys before getting wounded. Also he doesnt complain about looting villages or caravans.

I forget his name, but I like the military training guy. He even gets happy when half your army is brutally slaughtered.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 310