Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655341 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #285 on: March 03, 2010, 08:11:37 pm »

It's fun to get 40 Swadian Knights and call "BLUNT WEAPONS EVERBUBBLY" and watch your knights run around punching people.

I am DOING THIS

It's AMAZING. You can do it with Huscarls too for better survivability, I think, but it doesn't look as utterly comical because they're not mounted and armored up.

Try it out on Looters or Sea Raiders or some other weaksauce stuff first, it's fuggin' brilliant.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 03, 2010, 08:26:25 pm »

ugh, don't try to ply warband when drinking. It really doesn't work.
I have enough trouble with the swing and block timing as is...

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 03, 2010, 09:17:05 pm »

You wouldn't happen to be the one running around shirtless with just a spear would you?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2010, 09:22:19 pm »

You wouldn't happen to be the one running around shirtless with just a spear would you?
Hellz no
I am in NO position to be trying my luck with a pear. I can't properly use them under any condition...
Heh; actually I rage quit for the night after I failed to do anything for like six deaths in a row.
But, for the record, I play exclusively on the US battle friendly fire server... RIght now its like 50% friendly but whatev-
So, if any of you ever see Goron running around, thats me.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 03, 2010, 09:46:20 pm »

My favorite horse is a bear.

I've been playing the Southern Realms mod, and there are mountable bears. They aren't balanced at all; they cost about the same as a horse, they're just barely slower than some horses, but they have several times the charging power. It makes charging-only with a shield up a winning strategy that doesn't take long against infantry.

I was enjoying the mod in general until I realized that its new places were badly designed. I went up against some Gorin castles yesterday, went into a building with 6-ish enemies in it, killed them, and instantly won the 200+ garrisoned castle. Another "castle" was an open field with some enemies past the edge, making them unreachable via melee, and other, reachable enemy troops that would drop in (literally) every once in a while...and then go walking backwards across the field, making me chase them down, without a horse/bear.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 05, 2010, 11:47:57 pm »

Where on the packaging do they put the registration key? The fact that I have bought the disk apparently does not qualify.

Edit: This does not matter because I am missing a "CommonRes\ani_walk_sideways.brf" with that Southern Realms mod.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 12:13:00 am by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 06, 2010, 09:04:27 am »

I got it off steam and its telling me that i need a key for something, and its given me the key. I just don't know where i'm supposed to enter it, and i never needed to.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 06, 2010, 09:38:52 am »

You don't need it for regular mount and blade when you've bought it through steam. If you download the Warband multiplayer beta (I think there is a link somewhere in the thread) you will need the serial key steam is telling you about.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 06, 2010, 12:21:56 pm »

It's fun to get 40 Swadian Knights and call "BLUNT WEAPONS EVERBUBBLY" and watch your knights run around punching people.
There's a command to switch to blunt weapons? What is it?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 06, 2010, 12:36:34 pm »

I believe the default is F11, you can change it in the options. Alternatively, use the backspace menu and click the appropriate option.

Some units have a chance of spawning with blunt weapons - like manhunter units. Otherwise they revert to using their fists.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 06, 2010, 03:04:51 pm »

Manhunters always spawn with blunt weapons.  They're whole purpose is capturing people.  I'm pretty sure the orders menu is accessed with the O key by default though.  Of course you should just look it up in the controls options to be sure.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 07, 2010, 01:36:50 am »

How do you increase your travel speed? I am sick and tired of assembling an army of 50-60 men, then losing it all due to being run down by a lord with double my troops and higher speed.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 07, 2010, 01:39:54 am »

It is, I believe, this formula:

[ (Speed of each unit/number of units) + (speed of slowest unit) ] / 2 - (modifiers of additional slowness based on party size)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 07, 2010, 02:43:54 am »

Your inventory factors in, too, doesn't it?  Lots of weight and equipment'll slow you down, more horses'll counteract that or just increase speed outright?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 07, 2010, 02:55:51 am »

Right. Equipment is important too, with about 5 items for each horse neutralized.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 310