Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655289 times)

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2010, 06:16:49 am »

Nah, if you bring nothing but bow and arrows you can take out like 70 guys in one iteration. And bow is the most fun weapon anyway.
And bow is the most fun weapon anyway.
bow

i love you
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2010, 07:34:43 am »

Let me count My force!

Roger
Rolf
Mattheld
Firentis
Forest Bandit 1
Mercenary Cavarly 3
Khergit Veteran Horse Archer 3
Hired Blade 2
Borcha
Nizar
Jeremus
Vaegir Knight 2
Vaegir Marksman 1
Swadian Knight 6
Nord Huscarl 7
Rhodok Sergeant 22
Rhodok Sharpshooter 13
Swadian Sharpshooter 9
Nord Veteran Archer 4
79 man army!

My equipment

Helm:Winged Great Helm
Hand:Reinforced Gauntlets
Feet:Thick Iron Greaves
Body:Lordly Heraldic Mail with Tabard
Horse:Spirited Hunter
Weapon Melee:Shortened Military Scythe
Weapon Ranged:Seige Crossbow
Shield:Thick Heavy Heater Shield

In the words of Hot Wheels: BEAT THAT!
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 02, 2010, 03:08:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can beat that

Only the best and brightest of all factions.
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 02, 2010, 03:37:36 pm »

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 02, 2010, 03:43:53 pm »

Ooh is it native bragging time?

They also fire faster.

They fire the same speed, if anything, but it's pretty well agreed upon that Vaegir Archers fire the fastest.

And for those who were wondering earlier:

The key to winning sieges is getting your men in the court yard where they spawn, so you can swarm them as they come in. This means you need to get past the walls, which is admittedly difficult sometimes, primarily because there is often only one approach.

You'll need decent armor and, as Pandersanic said, a good head splitter. I haven't tried the military scythe yet (the poled ones), but I have found that the fighting pick cuts through armor like a knife, and it's quick to boot. Even with 29 piercing you can still do 75 damage with this thing if you get them in the head, which is on par with two-handers that do 54 cutting. Cutting damage takes severe penalties against metal armors.

So basically, get some decent armor and something you can split skulls with and get up near the front. Cut open an area for your men and support them until they can get to the courtyard. There they will (if they're superior melee troops) slaughter the spawning troops which are invariably low-tier (I.E. low cost) troops that the computer loves. After enough waves you will be taken into the castle interior where you just need to fight off 3-6 footmen or archers with 2 of your teammates at your side.

This also works for large cities. I have taken cities with 900 troops in them by killing only 80 between the difference stages (fighting on the ramparts, fighting in the streets, and then in the castle).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 03:51:38 pm by Morsigil »

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 02, 2010, 04:30:46 pm »

Dhirm,Uxkhall and Praven down by my hand alone with an 91 man army in less than an hour.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 02, 2010, 05:33:53 pm »

I clearly suck in warband. 

AI are far far far easier to kill at least.... >.>
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 02, 2010, 08:39:26 pm »

The AI is way to easy to kill, even on the hardest AI setting. Half of the time for me they start a down swing then just stop and stand there...and do nothing until i attack them, and them it's usually a instakill, or heavy damage+bleedout.

EDIT: Has anyone noticed how overpowered the arena champions are (dranton, kradus, and xerina)? sure they're there to prevent some level 1 to get 5k denars right off the bat, but hitting you 10 times in 3 seconds seems extreme all you hear is "BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM *CRUNCH* (shield breaking) UHH AHHH ARRRRRGGGGHHHH (DEAD)"
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:45:32 pm by kalida99 »
— Commander Fleyitch

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 02, 2010, 08:43:44 pm »

This game is awesome and sometimes frustratingly pointless.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 02, 2010, 08:57:25 pm »

This game is awesome and sometimes frustratingly pointless.

QFT

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 02, 2010, 09:03:40 pm »

EDIT: Has anyone noticed how overpowered the arena champions are (dranton, kradus, and xerina)? sure they're there to prevent some level 1 to get 5k denars right off the bat, but hitting you 10 times in 3 seconds seems extreme all you hear is "BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM *CRUNCH* (shield breaking) UHH AHHH ARRRRRGGGGHHHH (DEAD)"

It's all the more insulting when you're stuck with a lance or a bow (and no sword), if you have little skill with them.  I was going along awesome, then final match - Dranton vs Aqizzar, he with a two-handed sword, me with a bow and arrows.  And I even use arrows!.  Next tournament, final match - Xerina vs Aqizzar, she riding a horse with bow and arrow, me with crossbow.  She was shooting me faster than I could recover.  What the crap.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 02, 2010, 09:22:49 pm »

It's all the more insulting when you're stuck with a lance or a bow (and no sword), if you have little skill with them.  I was going along awesome, then final match - Dranton vs Aqizzar, he with a two-handed sword, me with a bow and arrows.  And I even use arrows!.  Next tournament, final match - Xerina vs Aqizzar, she riding a horse with bow and arrow, me with crossbow.  She was shooting me faster than I could recover.  What the crap.

I got one worse, Mixasis (yes that's my characters name) VS Kradus. Me in one end of the map 2-hand sword, Kradus at the other end with a bow. i can sum it up in 2 words "BOOM! HEADSHOT!" as soon as the match started i died X.X
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 09:24:55 pm by kalida99 »
— Commander Fleyitch

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 02, 2010, 09:53:01 pm »

The most beautiful thing in this game is a low-level character entering a tourney, and on the last round... [Character] vs. [One of the Champions], you mounted on a horse with a shield and lance, them with a... Well, anything. You pull the shield up immediately just in case. Figure out where they are. And run them over/couch them FOREVER.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 02, 2010, 10:01:52 pm »

Do you know about "couching"? You don't need skill with the lance for that. Just charge at them and your lance will go down. Hit them with it for obscene damage modifiers. If you have a lance, a horse, and a shield, it's practically a win already. Kradus with a bow might be an exception.

If you're fighting an enemy with a shield and you have a bow, you can win even if you aren't skilled in using the bow: Just wait for them to put their shield down and shoot them, and keep it up. It interrupts them every time.

My least favorite setup is both of us on the ground, me with a bow and them with a shield. If you miss even once (shooting them in the feet) as they come onto you then it's GG. They get on top of you and you're screwed.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 02, 2010, 10:46:34 pm »

Of course I know about couching.  I'm not very good at it is the problem, and I'm pretty sure the "connecting" area is proportional of your Polearms skill.  The bigger problem I have with getting lances is when the other guy, especially one of the Arena champions, is also on a horse, so you can't get away from each other long enough to build up and land a proper charge.  They just chase you in circles around the arena until you trick them into hitting some level geometry.  Time consuming.

The problem with bows is, especially against meatshields like Dranton, you just can't put enough arrows in them fast enough before they get within butchering range.  At least not without great Bow skill.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 310