Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655182 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2010, 07:09:04 am »

Ah who am I kidding?  It has Armagan's half assedness written all over it.   :D
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2010, 08:09:24 am »

I took my first castle last night. It was Swadian, on the edge of their border. I also got a village from it which I wasn't expecting but it makes sense seeing there is no other way to get them. Its rather cool, now I'm obsessed with keeping my castle.

Lost Jeremus though. He got really annoyed the second I took the castle, ima miss that doctor, i'd armoured him up.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2010, 08:43:23 am »

Who do you miss more? The Doc, or the stuff you bought for him?

Bastards are always running off with my stuff.
You don't like me looting villages, [Insert-prat-here]? Well, screw you pal, I'm playing NE here, where crap's expensive.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2010, 09:38:28 am »

I probably miss the stuff I "looted" for him.

And dear god 49 of my guys plus me have held off over 600 men in 4 days now, WHY WON'T THEY STOP ATTACKING, I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL ALLY WITH THE KHERGITS
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:41:49 am by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2010, 01:12:24 pm »

I got a trial, and it takes forever to start.
I.e I started it 5 minutes ago.
And nothing's happened.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2010, 02:51:50 pm »

Alright well I've tried the Warband Beta.  It's surprisingly fun.  They were smart enough to include bots so not every enemy is a player and you actually have stuff to kill in small games, and the AI is fairly decent at least in Melee combat.  I was slaughtering guys left and right in the Siege map.  No one seemed to know how to avoid being shot or stabbed in the face by me for whatever reason.  I took on two players in melee with a Rhodok Crossbowman, of course I'd learned about the magic pick by then so I was using that to great advantage.  Ended with a 30/5 KDR!  Wonder how I would do against more players.

The attack animations seem to have been changed and made slower.  It's really frigging annoying when you're trying to hit anything on horseback.  They also changed lances to be more realistic but much harder to use.  You can hit stuff on both sides with a couched lance, but it's aimed with the camera so you can't look around at all or else you'll miss.  I found myself switching from first to third person regularly.  FPP for aiming stuff in a straight line, TPP for flailing my weapons.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 02:54:39 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2010, 04:07:05 pm »

Lost Jeremus though. He got really annoyed the second I took the castle, ima miss that doctor, i'd armoured him up.

Jeremus is stupid anyway. He's the "amoral" option of the hero units, so if you want Artimenner (the engineer/tactician, "moral" hero) you'll have to ditch Jeremus. He also will try to crack open Matheld's head to relieve her headache. =P And she doesn't like that.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2010, 07:23:26 pm »

Does anyone have any mirros for the full download? I've tried 3 times to download it (each taking 4 hours) and my laptop switched of each time lol.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2010, 08:48:36 pm »

Jeremus is stupid anyway. He's the "amoral" option of the hero units, so if you want Artimenner (the engineer/tactician, "moral" hero) you'll have to ditch Jeremus. He also will try to crack open Matheld's head to relieve her headache. =P And she doesn't like that.

He already shouted at both of them, I picked the option of "shut up, can't be bothered".

He then left the second I took a castle, looks like he knew how many people were going to come charging at the damn thing. Beginning to wonder if its worth defending.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2010, 10:01:05 pm »

Just remember that every lord you capture and keep in your prisoner management screen is a lord you never have to deal with again.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2010, 10:05:34 pm »

Just remember that every lord you capture and keep in your prisoner management screen is a lord you never have to deal with again.

Really? Damn! I let one go!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2010, 10:07:12 pm »

Really? Damn! I let one go!

Until they escape.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2010, 10:22:22 pm »

I don't think they can escape if they are still in with your party, just from dungeons.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2010, 10:24:38 pm »

They're lords, they'll find a way, anyway, can anyone confirm this before I fight more battles?

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2010, 10:31:08 pm »

I don't think they can escape if they are still in with your party, just from dungeons.

Actually, it's far more likely that they'll escape traveling with your party than a dungeon of a castle, in my experience. I've lost at least six lords just while traveling to deposit them to my castle's dungeon, or before I had a castle dungeon, but I think I've lost maybe one from my dungeon, and none ever since I put a prison tower in.

Most of the time I ransom them off for thousands of denar before they really have a chance to escape, though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 310