Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655564 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #675 on: July 17, 2010, 02:44:36 am »

I <3 Mount and Blade.  Used to play for hours with Native Expansion and the Star Wars mod.  I need to get a copy of Warband and check it out soon, that persistent world mod sounds incredible.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 17, 2010, 05:37:57 am »

They released a new version of the Star Wars mod not too long ago, and there are tons of great mods out for 1.011 that are still being updated though some have started work on porting to WB there are hardly any that have had a release yet.  Some great 1.011 mods you have to try:  Star Wars: Conquest, Wedding Dance (This game has nudity so if you're offended by that and can't get over it no matter how good the game itself is than avoid this and accept my pity.  It's got a decent story and really nice armor as well as several new side quests that are a lot more interesting than native.  Also chariots.), 1866( American West with revolvers, advanced muskets, and primitive rifles.  There's also a multiplayer mode that was just released for Warband.), Revenge of the Berserk( It's about the Berserk manga which I haven't read, but the game itself is great and very different from native in the way it plays out.),  Gangs of Glasgow (It's out of development thanks to the disappearance of it's creator but it's about being a drunken asshole running around being assholey in Glasgow, Scotland.)
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 17, 2010, 06:40:29 am »

I've been trying Star Wars Conquest out lately... It's not as impressive as I'd hoped, and there are a few kinks, but considering it's still in development it's actually pretty damn good.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 25, 2010, 05:09:13 am »

With great necromantic powers, I ask, how in the hell do you beat Khergits using only Khergits.

In a siege.

When there's quadruple their numbers.

Also I could go for some duelin, I need to practice my stuffs.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 25, 2010, 05:41:54 am »

Run them towards the edge of the map, hope you survive the ensuing horsepit melee.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 25, 2010, 05:45:10 am »

Run them towards the edge of the map, hope you survive the ensuing horsepit melee.
In a siege.
No horses.
And no running for that matter.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 25, 2010, 05:45:44 am »

With great necromantic powers, I ask, how in the hell do you beat Khergits using only Khergits.

In a siege.

When there's quadruple their numbers.

Also I could go for some duelin, I need to practice my stuffs.

Either stand at the top of the ramp with a glaive for killing or a shield to let your allies do the killing for you. Archery works too but if you let their heavily armored people swarm up the ladder, they'll eventually win by attrition at a horrific cost. Your goal should be to either headshot their heavily armored units and archers, chop the infantry up with a big weapon at the top of the ladder, or stand at the top of the ladder holding your shield out (if you have a good shield and shield skill)

Otherwise, I'd suggest turning down damage options if you really must win the battle.

Also, if your units ever decide to charge down the ladder, order them to hold position.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 25, 2010, 05:47:14 am »

Either stand at the top of the ramp with a glaive for killing or a shield to let your allies do the killing for you. Archery works too but if you let their heavily armored people swarm up the ladder, they'll eventually win by attrition at a horrific cost. Your goal should be to either headshot their heavily armored units and archers, chop the infantry up with a big weapon at the top of the ladder, or stand at the top of the ladder holding your shield out (if you have a good shield and shield skill)

Otherwise, I'd suggest turning down damage options if you really must win the battle.

Also, if your units ever decide to charge down the ladder, order them to hold position.
Just to clarify, I'm the one attacking.

Because I'm crazy.
And I've got Dustum Khan with me.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 25, 2010, 05:50:40 am »

In a siege.
No horses.
And no running for that matter.

Bawoops.

Yeah, you need a long weapon. Are you on the receiving end, or are you attacking? Because either way, someone's getting turned into a khergit pincushion.
fakeedit:

You psycho. Grab your longest weapon, rush to the top of the ramp, and stab away for great Khergit Justice. Um. I'd suggest a shield, but you'll probably die just running to the ramp in the first place.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 25, 2010, 05:53:41 am »

I figured what I'd do was keep it on 149% difficulty and then just walk up the ramp unarmed and punch everyone.

Or die horribly, either way.

At any rate my troops are all top tier so I can actually take out a good number of them, then just go to neighbouring villages and restock.

The important part is to not lose all my men so I get taken prisoner.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 25, 2010, 06:22:50 am »

Had a hilarious moment in a tournament when I was on my own with a greatsword against a horsemen. I just cracked the horse in the head by swinging the greatsword like a baseball bat and then kicked the guy in the kidneys once he stood up.

I love that ability to kick, not powerful but damn is it nifty when fighting someone with a shield.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 31, 2010, 08:57:10 pm »

I just fell off the wall, at the end of a siege, just as the last guy dies and everyone is cheering.  No loot.  No credit.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 31, 2010, 09:43:46 pm »

I just fell off the wall, at the end of a siege, just as the last guy dies and everyone is cheering.  No loot.  No credit.

XD
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 31, 2010, 11:05:38 pm »

I managed to beat 400 khergits with 100, their castle.

Gotta love norse shields.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 01, 2010, 03:59:27 am »

I managed to beat 400 khergits with 100, their castle.

Gotta love norse shields.

And probably the damage reduction set in the options >.>
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 310