Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655017 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4620 on: September 01, 2016, 04:10:24 am »

Phantasy is hard as balls.

Too easy to game. Fireballs wreck shit. Eldritch knights (top tier elven units) get fireballs and are AFAIK about as good as nordic veterans in melee.
About to play this again. Which race and class do you recommend~
Orc Wizard
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: September 12, 2016, 01:30:14 am »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498482336

Get it. Play it. :D

Been waiting for that for years lol. Every few months I'd check development and then forget about it. Then today it officially released :D

If it has issues installing from steam, just double click the mbw_workshop_uploader.exe in the warband steam folder (it will open for a brief second and then close) and it will load up afterwards from the regular launcher. It downloads, but doesn't complete correctly and fails to load with an error on launching game. Google search showed it a common issue with a lot of mods from steam.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: September 12, 2016, 05:58:26 am »

Ah, Nova Aetas, long time no see.

Would you happen to know if those shaders make it look like the screenshots in the Workshop? Because if so, I, uh, think I'll skip them.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: September 12, 2016, 06:38:54 am »

Just in time for Bannerlord to make it obsolete. GG modders.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: September 12, 2016, 07:43:25 am »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498482336

Get it. Play it. :D

Been waiting for that for years lol. Every few months I'd check development and then forget about it. Then today it officially released :D

If it has issues installing from steam, just double click the mbw_workshop_uploader.exe in the warband steam folder (it will open for a brief second and then close) and it will load up afterwards from the regular launcher. It downloads, but doesn't complete correctly and fails to load with an error on launching game. Google search showed it a common issue with a lot of mods from steam.

neat.  I was playing with it previously, one of the "betas" I guess, but it is just a mod so one can hardly hold it to any sort of rigorous SDLC.

The old version was pretty fun, I enjoyed having the various industry and investment features and seeing them all wrapped into kingdom management.

It looks like Banner Lord will have some more ability to create mods of this nature, but none of the preview videos have looked this robust.  I'll probably fiddle with this a bit.  It will be 10 years before someone makes a similar but better mod for BL, so this is good to have.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: September 17, 2016, 07:01:11 pm »

Kinda late as its been out for a little bit, but Viking Conquest got updated to 2.025 recently. I played and loved (and still have it installed) Brytenwalda and VC is just a turbo version of BT. Some features got replaced, like sailing (which got pimped) and the whole bard thing got axed, but for an ascended, upgraded paid version of a free mod, Viking Conquest has become one of my favorite modules for M&B.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4626 on: September 18, 2016, 09:46:11 am »

As far as "Calaradia few hundred years later" mods go, the Eagle and the Radiant Cross from the original M&B was the best one. It had Winged Hussars, for one, but there was also shit like huge multiple-barelled rifles that you could shoot like 20 times out of but the reload took whole battle. It had great custom maps, the world map was also changed (albeit a bit buggy), there was a new faction or two and in general it was very good.
The new mods just try to overdo the minor technical aspects (what the fuck is this and why it's a thing) and totally forget about the important stuff like TRUCKLOADS OF NEW ITEMS including tons of rare ones that make you feel badass, more Calaradia to conquer, huge and varied troop trees, more custom battle maps and, obviously, Winged Hussars.
There's also The Deluge but that's only multiplayer mod. One of best ones around, though, the naval combat is so fucking good and there are Winged Hussars.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: September 18, 2016, 09:59:07 am »

As far as "Calaradia few hundred years later" mods go, the Eagle and the Radiant Cross from the original M&B was the best one. It had Winged Hussars, for one, but there was also shit like huge multiple-barelled rifles that you could shoot like 20 times out of but the reload took whole battle. It had great custom maps, the world map was also changed (albeit a bit buggy), there was a new faction or two and in general it was very good.
The new mods just try to overdo the minor technical aspects (what the fuck is this and why it's a thing) and totally forget about the important stuff like TRUCKLOADS OF NEW ITEMS including tons of rare ones that make you feel badass, more Calaradia to conquer, huge and varied troop trees, more custom battle maps and, obviously, Winged Hussars.
There's also The Deluge but that's only multiplayer mod. One of best ones around, though, the naval combat is so fucking good and there are Winged Hussars.

That image reminds me of The Guild 2, churches were only kinda "ehh" for Scholars but for Nova Aetas, no idea. Maybe? I went for my brewery licence at Suno and had a nice array of rented apartments and breweries in my factions (went Swadia again) towns so I had good passive income for my mercenary band (I didn't go for a lordship cuz I will be king in the north and those other kings can suck it).

As for full gunpowder mods, I've never really been interested in them, the closest I've enjoyed so far is Nova Aetas, but I did like having all my companions equipped with handguns in Sword of Damocles Warlords (sequel to one of the greatest mods for the original M&B ever.)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4628 on: September 18, 2016, 10:02:42 am »

Nova Aetas rips interiors straight out of The Guild 2 (look at the tavern in the Steam trailer), so...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: September 18, 2016, 11:52:31 am »

YES. I'm so frustrated it never got a proper Warband port and most of the other "Calaradia few hundred years later" mods are either abandoned/unfinished or just don't compare to it in any way.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4630 on: September 18, 2016, 04:51:39 pm »

Ye, I think I spent like most of the time out of any M&B mod ever on TEatRC. I remember that there was this one map which was basically a castle on top of huge mountain  peak with some stairs around and I think it was the first time I realized that fall damage also applies to enemies and knocks them out because it was possible to take cavalry up there and I had a fucking Rohirrim charge down the Helmsdeep throwing the enemies off into air and shooting them with my unique (and I mean it, it was a fucking chore to get one of the many uniques in the game because they were completly random loot after the battle, easily missable too - but nearly all of them were totally worth it) Repeater Rifle. Good times.

It should be noted that the existence of guns in it didin't actually break the game that much - I mean, right, the damage was so fucking ridiculously high that it was possible to bug out the game and kill the normally invincible people inside cities (shopkeepers and guards and such) but they were actually pretty rare and the ones with higher number of shoots were even rarer and had respectively longer reload times.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: September 18, 2016, 06:09:45 pm »

> Repeated rifle at the battle of Helmsdeep
Yeah actually that's fine, as a longtime angband/ToME player.  Unique weapons are unique for a reason.
I mean just look at Legolas.  Rapid-fire seeking arrows.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: September 18, 2016, 07:45:27 pm »

I always thought that if Saruman was left to do his thing for a few more years he'd probably have equipped all his troops with guns too.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: September 18, 2016, 07:48:51 pm »

I mean just look at Legolas.  Rapid-fire seeking arrows.

Movie Legolas is a chump :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: April 04, 2017, 04:14:33 pm »

For the mod Prophesy of Pendor, if I make a custom kighthood order while a vassal of the Fersdvain and have them upgrade from Valkyries, when I change my culture as a king to Pendor will my custom order be upgradable from Pendor knights?
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310