Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655124 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4215 on: April 13, 2015, 01:34:17 pm »

I've been trying to help a claimant rebel, but can't figure out how to get lords to join me. I've gotten people who hate me, don't think we have a good military, and don't think they will be better politically join me. Yet people who really like me, think we have a better military, and think they will be better politically don't. It seems completely random. I even have 6 persuasion!
Don't know what mod, if any you are running.  Usually the main ones are Vanilla versus Diplomacy, while there are some other/custom ones floating around.
It may depend on their personality archetype.  It may help, in the very very short term to tailor your convincing argument to the lords in question...  but you are better off giving them all the same answer in the long term.  EDIT: Oh yea, giving them a piece of land may be a bloody convincing argument too... if they have not had one for awhile.
Also, I guess there are other actions that lords can remember long-term?  Probably have to look that up.

Come to think of it, I've never really got far into the convince lords to join my side part of the game, despite the many hours I've put in.  Which is probably majority: looking at mod feature, installing mod, trying out the mod for a time... then repeat. 
Till I get distracted or I settle on one I feel like playing, before getting distracted.  I guess the progress I have so far is helped by the fact that I got over the mental blocks to cheat much earlier then normal this time.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:36:18 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: April 13, 2015, 07:07:43 pm »

Okay, I think 16th century is my new favourite mod. Only way it could be better is with better translation and diplomacy integration. Other than that it's fucking perfect.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: April 14, 2015, 05:23:08 am »

Okay, I think 16th century is my new favourite mod. Only way it could be better is with better translation and diplomacy integration. Other than that it's fucking perfect.
Pretty much this. Oh and MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO FUCKING RETREAT GOD. FUCKING. DAMMIT.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: April 14, 2015, 05:34:38 am »

It is possible to retreat though...

Just hit tab...

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: April 14, 2015, 06:34:51 am »

Just hit tab...

I think you need to also be a certain distance from the nearest enemy, but yes TAB retreats.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: April 14, 2015, 08:19:06 am »

Just hit tab...

I think you need to also be a certain distance from the nearest enemy, but yes TAB retreats.
And even then, it should be possible to retreat by using the map border - unless that is the problem, I have yet to play the mod.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: April 14, 2015, 08:52:04 am »

Just hit tab...

And even then, it should be possible to retreat by using the map border - unless that is the problem, I have yet to play the mod.
I've encountered some times where I was still too close to enemies while trying to exit by border.  But, I think the distance to trigger that is less then standing in the middle of the field.  Maybe.  (Not playing the 16th century one.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: April 14, 2015, 09:05:25 am »

Just hit tab...
That's the problem, Floris and 16th Century make this NOT FUCKING WORK. Or at least not ACTUALLY LET YOU RETREAT.

As in, you can go back to the "choose to fight or flee or whatever" screen, but can't choose anything that doesn't put you right back in the very likely unwinnable battle.

Indeed, I do this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: April 14, 2015, 12:47:12 pm »

I've seen situations in various mods of the original M&B that you have to kill some of the enemy before that option is available, or something like that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: April 14, 2015, 02:33:34 pm »

Ah, between battle, it seems finicky.  Some people need to die/ko, either yours our their's, before you have the option of fleeing the battle... from my very limited understanding of it.  At least 5 bodies?  10 to be safe?  Well, if you have enough bodies to lose... and still have enough standing.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: April 14, 2015, 03:16:41 pm »

In those mods it has NEVER let me full on retreat. Not once.

Indeed, I do this.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: April 14, 2015, 03:43:39 pm »

Just hit tab...
That's the problem, Floris and 16th Century make this NOT FUCKING WORK. Or at least not ACTUALLY LET YOU RETREAT.

As in, you can go back to the "choose to fight or flee or whatever" screen, but can't choose anything that doesn't put you right back in the very likely unwinnable battle.

Next time you do that, scroll down and click leave. I had the same confusion.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: April 14, 2015, 04:41:51 pm »

Just hit tab...

I'll try, but I'm 99% goddamn sure leave just straight up DOESN'T SHOW UP. Or anything that doesn't result in you charging headlong into instagib city.

Indeed, I do this.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: April 15, 2015, 09:48:41 am »

Just hit tab...

I'll try, but I'm 99% goddamn sure leave just straight up DOESN'T SHOW UP. Or anything that doesn't result in you charging headlong into instagib city.
The way a losing battle goes:
Get caught on overworld --> Words are given, a bribe is not paid --> Battle Preparation(Cannot Leave) --> Field Battle --> Some people fall --> Manually Retreat from Field Battle(Tab or Border) --> Battle Preparation(Option to Leave is there)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: April 15, 2015, 10:03:09 am »

Werent there an option to leave the battle but sacrafice soem of your soldiers depending on your tactics skill?
I'm quite sure that's how retreating works.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 310