Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655411 times)

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #420 on: April 10, 2010, 08:09:16 pm »

I always went first for the mountain pass castles, the Vaegir-Khergit and Swadia-Khergit ones. Natural chokepoint and great for raiding. Put 100 trained Huscarls in there and you're invulnerable (or Heavy Macemen/Champion Huscarls in NE).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 08:12:06 pm by psyn »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 10, 2010, 08:15:28 pm »

No dude. Put 100 of Veagirs Best Archers. Then, if you're seiged, order them to hold their fire until the enemy is right up to your walls. Your job is to stand at the end of the ladder/siegetower ramp with three shields and a war pick and take it like a man. Once they get to the base of the ramp, unleash the archers.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 10, 2010, 08:20:27 pm »

Didn't work in NE, most castles had 2-3 ladders or a siege tower. Ivory Archers did work great against Dark Knights though (better than Champion Huscarls, even) if you assigned them to the rear wall and stationed infantry in the courtyard. Opposing DK's at the entrance was suicide, even for uber companions with DK armor and King weapons.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 10, 2010, 08:26:07 pm »

Oh god Dark Knights. 3000 UBERSOLDIERS OUT OF NOWHERE. Yeah, there was no one nation by the time they turned up in my game, so I could only really fight them with Swadian troops. Swadian troops suck in small numbers.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 10, 2010, 08:43:31 pm »

They got sandwiched between warring nations in my (800-day?) NE game. I was riding out with 300-400 Cavaliers & Paladins at a time, trying to assist them in gaining territory.  ;D

It was funny, even the best troops (Champ. Huscarls/Berserkers) would hold equal to the lesser DK troops, but once the Dark Champions/etc. came, they were slaughtered like everyone else. Ivory Archers was the only reliable strategy I found to beat them. Cavaliers did good on the field in greater numbers.

If you want to make it fair, mod Lady Larktin's equipment so that it has a chance of dropping. I quit the game out of boredom once I had Lady Larktin's Charger (uber speed, basically invuln), her sword, and armor (~100 body). I could almost solo entire armies. :)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 10, 2010, 09:27:01 pm »

Oh man, I got so lucky the first time I fought Lady Lartkin. Her horse just took off from the others, so after a brief 'oh shit' I dismounted by my baggage, grabbed an arbalest, and sniped her in the head for an instant K.O.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 10, 2010, 09:41:59 pm »

;D That's what I did, too. Even the best weapon will barely scratch her. Larktin's shield strength is something ridiculous like 75,000. Since the moronic AI leads the troops in column formation with the leader at the front, I would ride up and snipe her in the head at point-blank range with my Masterwork Ivory Bow.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 15, 2010, 09:23:16 pm »

Who or what is a Lady Larktin? <_<;
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 15, 2010, 09:42:29 pm »

Modded death.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 15, 2010, 10:32:17 pm »

Equipment (from taleworlds.net):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Larktin:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
NE was lots more fun than Native. But I stopped playing M&B 7 months ago. I don't know what it's like now.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 15, 2010, 10:36:08 pm »

Uh.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 15, 2010, 10:46:07 pm »

Lady Larktin is the leader of an invasionary force sent to Calradia in the Native Expansion mod. Picture the Mongols, but instead of nomad weaklings it consists of thousands of badass soldiers in black armor, any one of which is much faster and stronger than your own level 35 character. Lady Larktin herself commands a force of 750-800 of these men -- quickly replenished when she is beaten -- usually with 100 Blackguards: basically unstoppable juggernauts. If it weren't for the auto-calculator they would dominate everything in short order.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 16, 2010, 08:56:25 am »

Still less OP than Mamlukes.
!!&!!

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 16, 2010, 09:19:22 am »

nomad weaklings

Tell that to a history teacher.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:29:04 am by Huesoo »
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 16, 2010, 09:26:31 am »

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Mongol_dominions1.jpg

Yeah, the Mongolians only built the largest land empire in the history of the world. Nomadic Weaklings for sure.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 310