Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655044 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4170 on: April 04, 2015, 07:05:04 am »

No, no way to do that, which is extremely unfortunate in Pendor's case in particular.

Whats stopping anyone from copy and pasting the code?
The fact that the M&B editor/construction tools hate you and scorn your attempts to properly install them?
At least in my case anyway.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: April 04, 2015, 11:55:18 am »

Been playing 1257AD Middle Europe. Got a pretty strong line-up. After getting beat down hard in every attempt in every tournament in the Kingdom of Bohemia, I find I hate them. I may soon join the Duchies of Poland to wipe the Bohemians from the face of the continent. Actually, since everyone is at war with everyone, I can probably join anyone to kill anyone.

Shame I can't figure out what unit is what from the names.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: April 04, 2015, 12:54:30 pm »

I believe you can change the troop names to English in Camp Menu or somewhere. Or git gud at Latin, I guess.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: April 04, 2015, 01:03:30 pm »

I believe you can change the troop names to English in Camp Menu or somewhere. Or git gud at Latin, I guess.
Didn't see the option in the camp menu. If I know my German(which I don't), the HRE's archers are named something that looks like "bow-shooter".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: April 04, 2015, 01:11:38 pm »

Didn't see the option in the camp menu. If I know my German(which I don't), the HRE's archers are named something that looks like "bow-shooter".
"What do you do in the army?" "I SHOOT BOWS THAT SHOOT OTHER BOWS THAT SHOOT MORE BOWS!"

Indeed, I do this.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: April 04, 2015, 02:08:51 pm »

Likely "Bogen-schuetze" which means bow-marksman, yes.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: April 04, 2015, 02:30:11 pm »

Having fun cheating with the phantasy calradia mod. Damn unstoppable orc armies though.

The map is bigger isn't it? It seems bigger.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:31:43 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: April 04, 2015, 02:38:31 pm »

Having fun cheating with the phantasy calradia mod. Damn unstoppable orc armies though.

The map is bigger isn't it? It seems bigger.
It is bigger.

Indeed, I do this.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: April 04, 2015, 03:02:21 pm »

"What do you do in the army?" "I SHOOT BOWS THAT SHOOT OTHER BOWS THAT SHOOT MORE BOWS!"

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: April 04, 2015, 03:55:09 pm »

My pet peeve with mods is the ones that change the names of the troops to another language.
Worst is when they don't have troop trees. That actually makes me instantly uninstall the mod. I don't want to have to translate each troop name/experiment and take notes to figure out what troops do!
That and even if it does have troop trees, chances are the troop tree just lists equipment/stats, which is fairly annoying since I still don't know the intended purpose of the troop.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: April 04, 2015, 04:31:35 pm »

I've never had a problem with that. Then again, I always choose the english speaking faction in those mods, soooo :P

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: April 04, 2015, 05:05:53 pm »

Do the Rhodoks always have really small parties? It seems like whenever we're at war with someone, they can field like 70 men per party, while we're always stuck with around 30.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: April 04, 2015, 05:07:30 pm »

Based on my past experiences, I don't think so.
It may just be that the Rhodoks in your game are being crushed and the 30-man parties you're seeing are because they're still recovering from past defeats.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: April 04, 2015, 07:21:32 pm »

I think I'm experiencing a bug. I ask arena masters where tournaments are going to be held, and then I got to those towns, and no tournament. I ask the arena master there where a tournament is being held and he says *insert town we are in here*. I wait and recheck every day but no tournament, however once the arena master mentioned a new tournament while I was waiting for the on that was suppose to appear in town, however the next day both tournaments disappeared. Pretty sure the second tournament should have not of disappeared in one day.

Not sure why this is happening, as nothing but time passed since I last played has changed. Well, unless you count the installing and uninstalling of the Floris mod. Can mods affect other mods?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: April 04, 2015, 07:40:56 pm »

based on the way they're installed, I'd say no. They're pretty modular and don't actually install or overwrite main game files.

BUT, the Floris tournament mod is pretty complicated. Did you start a new game or are you playing a game between different mods. There's no telling what kind of save data mods might introduce that could cause bugs.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 310