Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656199 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4065 on: March 29, 2015, 05:14:56 am »

Starting out as Khergit is worth it for those glorious moment where you perch your troops on high ground and laugh as the bandits get shot to oblivion as they try to reach you.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: March 29, 2015, 05:18:46 am »

Rhodoks do that far better and don't stink like horse arse.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: March 29, 2015, 05:42:25 am »

Vaegirs and Sarranids are also capable of that.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: March 29, 2015, 10:26:21 am »

This might just be my opinion, but if you want the most bootleg combo army evar to hunt bandits then Tier 2 Nordic footmen, Rhodok crossbows and Khergit Skirmishers will fill the role of infantry, ranged support and cavalry all from tier 2 units you can train by the dozens with enough trainer skill. It's cheap, good for early game bandit hunting and it's pretty much the best most consistent build for tier 2 troops solely.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: March 29, 2015, 12:30:20 pm »

As for battle tactics, putting foot skirmishers on a hill, infantry ten steps in front of them and cavalry on either flank worked quite well for me.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: March 29, 2015, 12:47:03 pm »

As are every other archer in the game, but Rhodoks are just better
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: March 29, 2015, 07:10:02 pm »

I remember Khergits death-wheeling me a few years ago. Don't remember if it's a mod or not.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4072 on: March 29, 2015, 08:50:50 pm »

As are every other archer in the game, but Rhodoks are just better
Vaegirs are better archers.
Rhodoks have the shields & spears to fuck up cavalry.
And the terrain.
Damn Rhodoks can keep their stinking forest. Grumblegrumble
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: March 29, 2015, 09:02:43 pm »

In Total War, horse archer factions are super OP too.

In fact, in real life, horse archer factions were super OP.

So it would be 100% accurate if horse archer factions are OP in warband :P If they aren't, then that is messed up rofl. But I always play custom mods, never touched vanilla so I dunno. But maybe the AI is so bad and lame in vanilla for horses that horse archer factions are super unrealistic :P

I know in 1257 AD mod, horse archers actually work as they are supposed to. And, they are really OP :P So 100% historically accurate in that mod.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: March 29, 2015, 09:07:42 pm »

Khergit Horse Archers suicidally charge believing they are lancers then any that survive run around the battlefield taking 20 minutes to kill.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: March 29, 2015, 09:08:53 pm »

Rhodoks are the best faction. 10/10 Rho/dok would pike again.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: March 29, 2015, 09:20:54 pm »

Khergit Horse Archers suicidally charge believing they are lancers then any that survive run around the battlefield taking 20 minutes to kill.

lol funny. Good thing for mods :D
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: March 29, 2015, 09:34:19 pm »

One thing I noticed. If you decide to choose a pre-made faction, they always get some kind of hidden bonus.

So lets say I join Nords. They'll kick ass most of the time.
If I join swadia, they'll kick ass most of the time.
So on for other factions.

But whenever I am not nords or swadia (and I should add, all I do when testing this is sit in a city for months and months getting fat and corrupt) or whatever faction...they don't tend to do as good.

So whatever faction you join, while it IS a bit random...but if you join a faction, it gets some kind of bonus to do better than average. Even if all you do is sit in a city, eating up food and hiring prostitutes :P

In 1257, the hidden bonus seems a lot less or not at all, as even if I join crusader states or welsh or some other faction if I don't help them out then they have as much of a chance at winning/losing as other factions.

But in vanilla, the faction you join as a higher winning chance compared to other factions.

This was tested in vanilla, floris and A New Dawn. All 3 had the same experience and all use the same factions/map, the worst of them was A New Dawn which the winning chance was much higher than vanilla for the faction you join.

The mods that this does NOT happen (that I have played, if it does, the bonus is not noticeable compared to vanilla) is 1257 ad and 16th century mod.

Not sure if anyone noticed this little game mechanic feature or not. I know most make their own kingdom (which the AI always targets you no matter how big you get), so I don't bother with it)...so this is more information for people who like being a vassal and don't want to be a leader of a faction.

And, yeah...I wasted A LOT of time to figure this out :P

(I should also add, that isn't to say joining Nords suddenly makes them win. They just get a higher chance of winning if you join them, whether you do battles or sit in a city forever)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:37:14 pm by Vendayn »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: March 29, 2015, 09:36:26 pm »

The Khergits are doing awfully well in my current run. I've taken over all of Swadia, the Nords and the Vaegirs, while the Khergits have overrun the Sarranids and part of the Rhodoks (but only because the Sarranids took over some of the rhodoks).

The final boss will probably be the Khergits and... that's very fine.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: March 29, 2015, 10:14:50 pm »

Tried out Prophecy of Pendor. I was liking it until it started throwing Snake Cultist and Noldor War Parties at me like crazy, really early on. The Noldor party was the one that finally made me quit out. Outnumbered 3 to 1, and they attacked so much faster than base troops it was like walking into a wall of arrows, and their Lord riding through my lines slicing down two or three guys every pass. I guess that's a reason to avoid fantasy mods in M&B; give someone an elf and they'll make them broken.

That and my graphics kept getting screwed up every 20 minutes or so. Sometimes I'd have to restart to clear it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 310