Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655384 times)

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #405 on: April 10, 2010, 08:37:46 am »

I'm a sworn vassal of Yaroglek.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 10, 2010, 11:12:48 am »

Become friends with the other lords. if the other lords like you then I think that they will have a higher chance of voting for you. Also, I think you have to wait until the current marshal is kicked out, usually by losing a battle. I don't know how the system works in Warband, but when the marshal was defeated and they were wondering who the new vassal would be, you have a new option when talking to the lords. "Who do you think should be the marshal." When you ask them this they tell you who they support, and you can tell them who you want to vote for or leave... or if they aren't planning on voting for themself you can try to persuade them to vote for you (perhaps the 'persuade' skill has a use now?)

That's just my guess.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 10, 2010, 11:31:58 am »

I ordered Warband in England. It arrived today.

Instead of installing the game (It isn`t on the cd!) It installed steam. STEAM that piece of.. of.. shit err elves. *sigh*

Well, in one or two hours i will be able to kill online. Yeah!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 10, 2010, 11:35:03 am »

Lord: huh? o_o

Did it give you an activation key inside the box?

As long as it gave you an activation key in the box you can download the game off of TaleWorld's website and then when it asks you for the activation key just type it in. No steam required.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 10, 2010, 12:45:05 pm »

IMO, Linking non-steam games with steam is stupid.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 10, 2010, 12:57:07 pm »

Lord: huh? o_o

Did it give you an activation key inside the box?

As long as it gave you an activation key in the box you can download the game off of TaleWorld's website and then when it asks you for the activation key just type it in. No steam required.

Would have been nice- The activation code was too long to insert it. Yeah don`t know why- I wanted to do what you suggested, too.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 10, 2010, 01:18:23 pm »

I also appreciated when Steam edited all the files in Jagged Alliance 2 to make it impossible to use mods.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 10, 2010, 01:37:16 pm »

I also appreciated when Steam edited all the files in Jagged Alliance 2 to make it impossible to use mods.
I play JA2 with 1.13 just fine and I have the steam version... unless you mean other mods?

Also, sucks that the code was weird =/ dunno what to say... can you at least play the game now?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 10, 2010, 01:46:51 pm »

Oh playing works very good. ;)

Still i`d rather not have to use steam.. Well as long as it works i won`t complain. (Too much.)

Now i will create my !Dwarven Inquisitor! So if you see someone with Dwarf or Dwarven in front of their name have mercy. Or magma.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 10, 2010, 02:24:55 pm »

Oh playing works very good. ;)

Still i`d rather not have to use steam.. Well as long as it works i won`t complain. (Too much.)

Now i will create my !Dwarven Inquisitor! So if you see someone with Dwarf or Dwarven in front of their name have mercy. Or magma.

You can get the CD key for warband by right-clicking on it in the steam games list. Then you can use that to install the non-steam version from Taleworlds.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 10, 2010, 03:17:07 pm »

Oh? Good to know! I`ll just write it down.. Just in the case that steam annoys me.

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 10, 2010, 07:32:17 pm »

Become friends with the other lords. if the other lords like you then I think that they will have a higher chance of voting for you. Also, I think you have to wait until the current marshal is kicked out, usually by losing a battle. I don't know how the system works in Warband, but when the marshal was defeated and they were wondering who the new vassal would be, you have a new option when talking to the lords. "Who do you think should be the marshal." When you ask them this they tell you who they support, and you can tell them who you want to vote for or leave... or if they aren't planning on voting for themself you can try to persuade them to vote for you (perhaps the 'persuade' skill has a use now?)

That's just my guess.
Yep, that's what I remember (in M&B, not Warband). It's not so important to make friends as to not make rivals. Lords with negative relation would never vote for you, unless they disliked the other candidate more. Ladies were helpful to improve relations. And anyway, 1100 renown isn't very high. I remember having 3,000 or something by the time I ruled half of Vaegir territory, and I wasn't considered for Marshal before having ~2000.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 10, 2010, 07:37:08 pm »

Also, I think Honour can help. I recently became Marshall of Swadia (in NE) and II'd been kicking arse and taking names (put not prisoners) as a mercenary for a while, so I decided to become a Vassal. I'd been granted a village back when I was a merc, but it was in a crap place so I ignored it a lot. Then I got given Maras Castle. FFS.

After a while, I randomly got voted as marshal while wondering around Maras, destroying massive Rhodok armies with a small band of Champions and Longbowmen.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 10, 2010, 07:47:19 pm »

Maras Castle? Wasn't that the isolated region on the eastern side of the map?  ;D

I'm not so sure about honor... IIRC it served almost no purpose. I think it maybe helped you avoid battles with other lords, but I might be confusing that with high relations (asking them to not attack did impact relation though).

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 10, 2010, 07:55:28 pm »

Yes. Deep in Rhodok territory, surrounded by rivers and mountains, only a single bridge to access it, with the village on the other side of the bridge from the castle. Still, it was a badass place to live.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 310