Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655365 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #375 on: April 03, 2010, 08:45:23 pm »

Warband's couched lances are also almost entirely useless.  If you turn more than  about an inch in any direction you raise your lance again, so it's only useful en masse or against people who aren't trying to avoid getting hit.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 04, 2010, 05:48:56 am »

No, they removed that limitation. They replaced it with a time limit to how long you can keep the lance couched, but I think they might have even removed that in one of the post-release patches.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 04, 2010, 09:16:28 am »

In non-warband, couching's just riding around without the left mouse button clicked. However, is there anyway to set Javelins etc to melee in non-warband? I couldn't see it in controls...
Furthermore, I assume the blunt weaponry toggle is for when you need to capture someone, but do I need to give everyone a blunt weapon. or is it with them by default?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:41:56 am by Apple Master »
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 04, 2010, 10:31:27 am »

The only people you can give weapons are the people who only have the weapons you give them.  Anyone who doesn't have a blunt weapon will just use their fists when commanded to use them.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 04, 2010, 04:31:37 pm »

In non-warband, couching's just riding aruound without the left mouse button clicked. However, is there anyway to set Javelins etc to melee in non-warband? I couldn't see it in controls...
Furthermore, I assume the blunt weaponry toggle is for when you need to capture someone, but do I need to give everyone a blunt weapon. or is it with them by default?

If you're clicking the mouse button, you're not couching. You're readying for a thrust. Couching is done automatically at high speeds. You will know you are doing it when you lower your spear/lance.

Then, just run into an infantryman and line him up with the tip of your spear. If you are doing it right, he will die instantly.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 04, 2010, 04:39:16 pm »

I said /without/ the left mouse button clicked.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 04, 2010, 09:48:26 pm »

I initially read it as with it clicked, but yes, it says without. And surprisingly, with a weak lance and very low Polearms skill, it is possible to NOT kill an enemy with a couched lance attack.

And no, you cannot melee with javelins, they are ranged only. (Never played Warband, but at least in the original you can't)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 04, 2010, 10:04:04 pm »

I initially read it as with it clicked, but yes, it says without. And surprisingly, with a weak lance and very low Polearms skill, it is possible to NOT kill an enemy with a couched lance attack.

And no, you cannot melee with javelins, they are ranged only. (Never played Warband, but at least in the original you can't)

I read "with" as well, apple, you may want to bold the "out" XD
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 05, 2010, 12:52:19 am »

In non-warband, couching's just riding aruound without the left mouse button clicked

MIND=BLOWN
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 03:35:15 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 05, 2010, 03:24:55 am »

I read "with" as well, apple, you may want to bold the "out" XD

Or maybe people should actually read posts correctly before responding. XD

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 05, 2010, 03:45:13 am »

Yep, that's why I kept the Quarter Staff for a while. It never seems to kill even when couched.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 05, 2010, 06:44:47 am »

I fixed my previous post, hope you can all read now.
also, I only use an actual lance during tournaments, and I always couch cause most of the time its an instant K.O. I kept a quarter-staff too, cause it's a blunt weapon. Also I <3 the native expansion. Can't figure out how to make my own kingdom though? (Pretty sure someone said it was possible)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 05, 2010, 06:53:27 am »

I made my own kingdom. You just have to get relations down enough to be able to siege a factions castles or cities, while not being another King's vassal. When you lead a successful siege, you gain your own kingdom. I managed to pull it off just dressed in expensive armor with good weapons, with about 7 hired blades and 13 Swadian Knights, and one other hero, against 100 defenders. Only 2 of my guys got killed, and 13 were wounded.
!!&!!

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 05, 2010, 07:23:17 am »

I've got a coursework deadline for tomorrow, damn it.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 05, 2010, 08:06:01 am »

I am so bad at couching.  Most of the time I miss due to misjudging where my lancepoint is or something.  When I first started playing M&B I think it was like a main method of attack, but IIRC I just got annoyed with it and switched over to normal melee weapons on horseback.  ...I miss with those a lot too, but not as much, nor do I have to ride way out to get enough distance to re-couch.  Plus, regular old swords and stuff aren't so useless if I get  unhorsed - I usually have a steppe horse, so it happens occasionally.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 310