Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655652 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3735 on: October 09, 2014, 05:17:51 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the only thing anime about Gekokujo is the music. And they've changed that to more traditional japanese music in a recent patch, or something along those lines.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: October 09, 2014, 06:03:59 pm »

I have a question though - anyone of you know of a slaver-focused mod? Or just a mod with more focus on slavery, so you can at least recruit slavers in a normal way. Been searching the Nexus site and TaleWorlds forums but found nothing interesting yet. Silverstag maybe? I see there's something like "different factions hold different views on slavery" thing added, but dunno how this translates to actual gameplay. Just once I'd like to play with an army dedicated for hunting slaves.

Hmmmmm, that gives me an idea - pre-Colombian Mid/South America mod...

Brytenwalda has salt mines and rock quarries where you can deposit your slaves to work for you, though you need some troops to watch over them. It's not central to the mod, but you should be able to fund your empire almost entirely through slave labor.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3737 on: October 09, 2014, 09:34:44 pm »

There's also a morale hit when you visit those places, and (I think, I don't actually know) an ongoing morale penalty for having slaves.

Discouraging the player from being a slaver, I suppose. Even though slavery was normal in the seventh century.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: October 09, 2014, 09:45:10 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the only thing anime about Gekokujo is the music. And they've changed that to more traditional japanese music in a recent patch, or something along those lines.
That music blows though.  Maybe something was wrong with my install or something, but I swear I never got anything besides really meditative flute music.  That's just kinda a drag in battle, and it's especially disappointing because of how last version gave me crazy screeching guitars and stuff to get all intense with.  It's a big change in feeling.

I can replace the music (and have), but I miss the cheesy loading screens, too.  I really dug Youmu in FFT's artstyle on the title screen.

Oh yeah, and then there's the fuckin' Take On Me cover.  That shit breaks my immulsions like nothing else.

On a related note, godDAMN is Gekokujo annoying now that I'm trying to play a Sohei.  Not having any armor really sucks when you're playing on full damage, especially without a ranged weapon.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:17:48 pm by Farce »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: October 10, 2014, 07:53:56 am »

Ah, I see. I never did update Gekokujo when the new music came out, so... I wouldn't know anything about it.

Also, I find it a bit hilarious that all of the heavy rock/metal and Touhou music didn't break your immersions while a Take on Me cover does. Even if I understand completely why you'd feel that way, it is still a little bit silly.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: October 10, 2014, 04:07:27 pm »

I was considering replacing the music in Gekokujo with tracks from the old Shogun: Total War. The guitar riffs are kind of immersion-breaking, even once you get more or less used to them.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: October 10, 2014, 04:16:26 pm »

Didn't noticed there used to be "anime" music and that was replaced by more traditional one, as i usually prefer to play the game without music, keeping only the actual battlefield sound to try to get immersed.

The only thing i had difficulty with in Gekokujo is that most of the weapon "feel" shorter (especially when playing in 1st person) and i often missed hits despite it seemed i should have hit, and similar regarding the AI that miss me despite i thought they should have hit, even those pikes/spears that you are often given never felt totally right like this.

I never got that feeling in other mods (or native)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: October 10, 2014, 04:58:54 pm »

Iunno, most of it all is the more Japanese-themed songs, like Ancient Temple and stuff, and they're all from the very Japanese Touhou-series.  I guess that association lets it slide.  Probably helped that Youmu was on the titlescreen and in my party, too, so I just thought 'oh, it's gonna be like that'.  The ones that were most jarring were the ones that kinda sounded celtic-y - quick flitty flutes and stuff.

Meanwhile, that Take on Me is like... HEY, SUDDENLY 80'S ROCK.  It's like aaaaa.  It's quiet and not in-my-face with it either, so I just kept listening to it thinking "Why does this sound like Take on Me?  Am I just imagining it?  Is this actually a Japanese song somewhere or something?  That's gotta be it, because there is NO reason for a Japanese instrumental of Take on Me to exist."

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: October 10, 2014, 05:34:36 pm »

Soooo I've been comming back to warband recently, and I've been looking for that one mod that allows you to just serve as a mercenary soldier and be hired by armies rather then controlling one yourself, but I forgot its name and IDK if its still being updated. Anyone remember that one?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: October 10, 2014, 05:50:59 pm »

Soooo I've been comming back to warband recently, and I've been looking for that one mod that allows you to just serve as a mercenary soldier and be hired by armies rather then controlling one yourself, but I forgot its name and IDK if its still being updated. Anyone remember that one?

Freelancer. It's a part of a number of larger mods nowadays, but you can still find the standalone.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: October 10, 2014, 07:24:51 pm »

Yeah, it's in a lot of mods.  Almost standard, even.

I really wish it was more exciting, though.  All it ends to seem to end up being is AFK & Blade, where I alt-tab out while the lord wanders around doing nothing.  A noise to alert that a menu's popped up would be a nice improvement.  Maybe if they could also boost the simulation speed or something?

I know Gekokujo has sliightly extended functionality in that you can join a lord as a regular trooper OR as a monk.  You don't get paid as a monk, though, which kinda sucks.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: October 12, 2014, 08:57:36 pm »

Yeah, it's in a lot of mods.  Almost standard, even.

I really wish it was more exciting, though.  All it ends to seem to end up being is AFK & Blade, where I alt-tab out while the lord wanders around doing nothing.  A noise to alert that a menu's popped up would be a nice improvement.  Maybe if they could also boost the simulation speed or something?

I know Gekokujo has sliightly extended functionality in that you can join a lord as a regular trooper OR as a monk.  You don't get paid as a monk, though, which kinda sucks.

Freelancer was much better in previous versions, when you got to keep whatever weapons you managed to pick up in the battle (four max, I think).  Still lots of fun if you just want to fight win-or-lose, although you spend too much time staring at the screen waiting for something to happen.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: October 12, 2014, 09:43:01 pm »

Currently playing a female heavy infantry Rhodok Sargeant on Tocan's Calradia(a native mod compilation). There are some insane 50+ bandit bands all over the map so I enlisted in an army to build some resources/levels before getting facestomped with my recruits left and right again.
If it weren't for M&B being so unstable and the aforementioned lack of sound alarms in Freelancer, it would make for a quite decent idle-RPG. Alt+tab and go read a book or something while your lord derps around purposelessly, come back when stationed in a town or a battle pops up, rinse and repeat.
Anyway, having lots of fun with a Thrown Spear + Glaive + Sword & Shield setup and learning the ropes of infantry combat. I still get flanked and overrun by cavalry, gangbanged by a horde of enemy infantry or just swisscheesed by enemy archers in the open a bit too often, but so is life as cannon fodder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: October 13, 2014, 02:12:38 am »

Ctrl + space speeds up game time. I don't know if freelancer mod automatically speed up time but it's worth mentioning. I enjoyed  the game much more after I found out that you could speed up time (after 300 hours of not knowing 0_0)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: October 21, 2014, 02:01:34 am »

Whaddya know - the creators of Brytenwalda got hired by Taleworlds to make a DLC set in the times of the Great Heathen Army.

Just read The Last Kingdom, the timing couldn't be any better.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 310