Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655640 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3720 on: October 04, 2014, 12:47:02 pm »

Hehe I love the glitches in this game.  Glad there aren't as many as there used to be, though.

I asked this guy about marriage and he said it sounded great but he'd have to think about it.  That was a whole, like, two weeks ago!  So indecisive.  And yeah maybe in the meantime I joined the Nords as a merc - which is a little weird because we met while storming a Nord castle - but it's cool, Nordway and Vaegiria are at peace for now.  I was only helping them against Swadiland.

I think I might stalk him join his army soon, because PCs get to be as crazy as we want.

Oh yeah, the list spills. That's nothing, check out the Nova Aetas mode, you could end up being the lord of 15 November, Nordic Union and Count Ralcha, fighting against the mighty lord Sargoth's prosperity.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: October 04, 2014, 11:01:50 pm »

I haven't tried the Civil War mod, but a friend of mine is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: October 07, 2014, 08:43:01 pm »

Does any of you know a good singleplayer mod that plays like Eagle and Radiant Cross? I used to like it a lot back in M&B, but it never got fully ported into Warband and I don't want to go through the hassle of downloading an older version just to play an unfinished mod.

For those that never played it, it's basically vanilla with 17-18th-ish century weapons, on an expanded map and new factions. I've gone through the modding forums a couple of times and found nothing that seems particularly advanced/stable developmentwise or interesting.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: October 07, 2014, 09:01:16 pm »

Does any of you know a good singleplayer mod that plays like Eagle and Radiant Cross? I used to like it a lot back in M&B, but it never got fully ported into Warband and I don't want to go through the hassle of downloading an older version just to play an unfinished mod.

For those that never played it, it's basically vanilla with 17-18th-ish century weapons, on an expanded map and new factions. I've gone through the modding forums a couple of times and found nothing that seems particularly advanced/stable developmentwise or interesting.
I remember that I got TEatRC working in Warband. The Kaiser made me swear an oath to Swadia and every half-hour the log would get spammed with trade-related errors but it was otherwise stable.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: October 07, 2014, 11:32:56 pm »

Probably because they call it Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword...a stand-alone title you actually have to pay for, but started as the very type of mod that you were looking for (and for extra "fun", it was build on Mount & Blade, not Warband, so the standard version doesn't have lots of cool Warband features...but a mod fixed most of that thankfully).

Eh, might as well look for real instead of being flippant... :P

If you don't care which area of the world, try Gekokujo set in Japan or 1776 American Revolution set in America.

Twilight of the Sun King actually refers to the French king Louie the XIV, and is set in your area.  If you want to fast-forward a few years, 1812-1815 Napoleonic lets you fight the successor French state...

Disclaimer: Only played Gekokujo personally.  Its rather fun, but you have to be able to tolerate a sort of Anime Action feel.  Loving killing things with katanas helps too...

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #3725 on: October 08, 2014, 06:30:54 am »

Decided to try some M&B:W again after a long time.

Checked the TaleWorlds forums for some cool mods. Silverstag sounded intriguing.

*installs*

"Oh hey look at me doing no damage to your basic looters that now come equipped with actual armor and horses! I LOVE it when the otherwise rather tedious starting phase gets even more tedious, boring and grindy!" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Back to Diplomacy mod, thank you.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: October 08, 2014, 08:35:29 am »

I quite like Silverstag. Being able to hire mid-high end units straight away means you don't have to grind to train your peasants anymore. Of course there is still a bit of grind if you want to get the high end units as getting Veterans takes a bit of time and a lot of money.

Can't say I really had much problem with the looters, they are still poorly armed and they are pretty much riding donkeys, unless you were throwing stones I don't know how you didn't manage to do any real damage.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: October 08, 2014, 10:38:59 am »

Me neither. I just quickly skimmed over features list and I don't remember anything like that being mentioned but seemed so me like either armor got buffed or bow/arrows got nerfed or both. Mind you, I don't expect to one-shoot anyone wearing that ragged outfit if I shoot him in a torso, but peppering someone with arrows while doing 1-2 dmg... eh, didn't even want to check if this is a bug or version incompatibility or something, got bored to quick. Might try again one day, what you wrote does make me interested again, but my main problem with M&B mods is things should either be really different from the start (think SW:Conquest and Solid&Shade for vanilla and Blood&Steel for Warband) or the differences should be very subtle (like Diplomacy). Anything that has even a slight taste of increased grind or annoyingly upped difficulty (Pendor) just makes me bored. That's just kind of relationship I have with M&B, can't be helped.

I'll admit though my original post was more of a useless, jest post with no intention to really bring anything to discussion.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: October 08, 2014, 06:48:47 pm »

I tried Pendor a while yesterday. I can't get into it.

On the map, you'll encounter two types of bandit-style enemies:
1.) Pathetically easy ~8-person low level bandit parties that give almost no exp
2.) Extremely strong 5-16 parties that are hard to beat (at the beginning). Also occur very often.

Because of how often parties of type #2 occur, it makes it very difficult to travel, and the lack of any bandit parties between the two make it hard to level up your troops. Same goes for renown, which is apparently needed for tournaments, which removes a major money source early game.

Definitely not my type of mod, even though I really want to like it.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: October 08, 2014, 09:35:07 pm »

Pendor early game is just not fun to me, unless you like grinding a lot of course and only take part in battles by following lords/noldors around and joining them when they're fighting someone.

The mod main interest (and then it become really great) start when your character has (much) better items and soldiers (troops you can hire from taverns are sometime a lot better than your slow to improve recruits that even in their higher end improvement aren't that great in comparison to some hired troops or orders troops) and you become involved with a faction.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: October 09, 2014, 02:04:14 am »

Heh, there was a funny picture posted in Solid&Shade subforum a long time ago, comparing Pendor against S&S. It got deleted it seems, but it basically boiled down to:

Pendor:
 - new, bigger map
 - new and more factions
 - made by a group of people
 - download it once, never play it

S&S:
 - same old vanilla map
 - same old factions with just one new added and it's not even a full faction
 - made by one lone wolf
 - play it all the time

I have a question though - anyone of you know of a slaver-focused mod? Or just a mod with more focus on slavery, so you can at least recruit slavers in a normal way. Been searching the Nexus site and TaleWorlds forums but found nothing interesting yet. Silverstag maybe? I see there's something like "different factions hold different views on slavery" thing added, but dunno how this translates to actual gameplay. Just once I'd like to play with an army dedicated for hunting slaves.

Hmmmmm, that gives me an idea - pre-Colombian Mid/South America mod...

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: October 09, 2014, 12:22:17 pm »

~16th century West African interior would make more sense as a setting than South America, I think, depending on what you were wanting to do with it. You could have tiny European factions on the coast that are fighting each other and turtling in their forts, trading with interior kingdoms and staying on the coast, while the African kingdoms raid each other for slaves to trade for weapons and the like.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: October 09, 2014, 03:05:51 pm »

One reason you might not like Pendor is because the game is a bit inlove with super units.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: October 09, 2014, 04:27:58 pm »

I remember that I got TEatRC working in Warband. The Kaiser made me swear an oath to Swadia and every half-hour the log would get spammed with trade-related errors but it was otherwise stable.
Was it working with the latest Warband though? What I meant when I talked about not wanting to download an old version was about having to get 1.142, which IIRC is the version compatible with TEatRC Warband.

Probably because they call it Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword...a stand-alone title you actually have to pay for, but started as the very type of mod that you were looking for (and for extra "fun", it was build on Mount & Blade, not Warband, so the standard version doesn't have lots of cool Warband features...but a mod fixed most of that thankfully).

Eh, might as well look for real instead of being flippant... :P

If you don't care which area of the world, try Gekokujo set in Japan or 1776 American Revolution set in America.

Twilight of the Sun King actually refers to the French king Louie the XIV, and is set in your area.  If you want to fast-forward a few years, 1812-1815 Napoleonic lets you fight the successor French state...

Disclaimer: Only played Gekokujo personally.  Its rather fun, but you have to be able to tolerate a sort of Anime Action feel.  Loving killing things with katanas helps too...
Ehh, now I wonder why I never checked WF&S out. Will consider it when I feel like plundering my wallet again.
I was looking more onto europeish scenarios that didn't try to replicate some actual historical event(so more calradianish than europeish), but beggars can't be choosers, I'll be sure to check all those out. Thanks for the recommendations.
Gekokujo actually caught my attention before. The anime action bit made me a bit worried now, but I'll keep an open mind until I get to try it.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: October 09, 2014, 04:40:12 pm »

anime action ?

I'm not sure where there is "anime action" in Gekokujo ?

It feels more like Shogun Total War to me.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 04:43:01 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 310