Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655629 times)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3615 on: September 22, 2014, 02:13:08 am »

Isn't there a Chariot in like, the Wedding Dance mod, or something?

I kinda dig Gekokujo for mods, also.  Japanese Warring States era stuff.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: September 22, 2014, 12:44:41 pm »

Isn't there a Chariot in like, the Wedding Dance mod, or something?

Probably, but it would maneuver and sound like a horse.  all of the modded exotic mounts I have seen do this.

In warsword, giant spiders and lizards and squigs all have this problem. They canter and gallop and have the same walking and turning behavior that horses do.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: September 22, 2014, 12:58:25 pm »

No I think Wedding Dance had proper chariots which you can move around in while they are riding around, although I think they just looked like wagon carts, I think it even had chariot races.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: September 22, 2014, 02:39:37 pm »

No I think Wedding Dance had proper chariots which you can move around in while they are riding around, although I think they just looked like wagon carts, I think it even had chariot races.

Yep, it did. They moved independently from the character (as in, different keybinds), although it was toggleable, and was not a reskinned horse by any means.

It also had Looters waving their dongs at you if you fought them.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: September 22, 2014, 05:56:21 pm »

Ugh, I downloaded Prophesy of Pendor and lances seem to have been altered. It was horrible. Nearly flat land and my guy was having spasms trying to use the jousting lance. It seems that the speed requirment for it was upped and not being on the fast side makes the weapon useless. Which is said, it was my "I'm gonna capture EVERYONE" weapon.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: September 22, 2014, 06:35:28 pm »

In the long run, unless ypu're going to be using on nuts that are hard to crack, manually poking people in the head is usually a more efficient meams of fighting than riding arpund waiting for the cool down on the lances.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: September 22, 2014, 09:11:09 pm »

It's way less cool though, and being cool is totally the most important thing.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: September 23, 2014, 01:10:02 am »

Surprised nobody bought up this. Sure it's not as great as a new Bannerlord dev diary but it's still something.

Quote from: Talewords forum
Heyo Warbladers,

We have updated Warband's Steam beta (use the password "betapassword" for access) to 1.161 in preparation for an upcoming DLC announcement! This patch introduces a haul of new operations for modders.

We'll bring this patch out in full in a few days on Steam.

As for Bannerlord I'm really disappointed we likely aren't going to see a greatly enhanced "meta game". The biggest problem with the game is that it just becomes a grind, a often fun one but still a grind. There's no real tactic or strategic thought required outside of battle and once you've managed to get your horde of elite units (or 200 skill in archery) even military tactics become irrelevant.

Basically the game needs a Crusader Kings II style strategic campaign layered over the current battle mechanics to better simulate a much more dynamic world. Diplomacy and intrigue should be the main method of gaining influence instead of murdering thousands of sea bandits and then assaulting a town.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: September 23, 2014, 01:19:41 am »

In the long run, unless ypu're going to be using on nuts that are hard to crack, manually poking people in the head is usually a more efficient meams of fighting than riding arpund waiting for the cool down on the lances.

I don't think you've played prophecy of pendor before... Everything is hard to crack 0_0

This game always brings about surges of rage in me, when your entire army seems to want to run in front of you, make your horse abruptly stop, and then the entire enemy's cavalry slam into you with lances.

Or how in the arena and on the battlefield the AI's weapons get to clip through each other , so you have two handed swords flying through the body of the guy with the shield. This goes doubly so in the arena, where they are suppose to be opponents, but then suddenly 4 guys will team up, become immune to one another, and have their sole purpose in life be to take you down.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: September 23, 2014, 05:45:29 am »

I don't think you've played prophecy of pendor before... Everything is hard to crack 0_0

I think I played a campaign on it a few years back, I do not remember there being that many things where a thrust on horse back was entirely nullified and the only way to kill most things was couching a lance. Mounted thrusting should very well be viable.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: September 24, 2014, 01:59:21 am »

At low skill couching seems like it would be better. I finally got Warband a month or two ago (I had original M&B already so I waited until it was 5$) and the Achievement Lady I made for the female only steam achievements didn't do much damage with a no couch war spear until a bit over 100 skill. She had 5 str for a while though.

That's in Native though. I'm still on the kill bandits for companion skill-ups stage.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3626 on: September 25, 2014, 04:30:39 am »

My personal favourite tactic is to get a really big sword and a really tough horse, then run around slicing people's heads off. It's effective at most skill levels assuming you get a good charge and time the swing right.

Diplomacy and intrigue should be the main method of gaining influence instead of murdering thousands of sea bandits and then assaulting a town.
Seconding this.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: September 25, 2014, 05:12:04 am »

My personal favourite tactic is to get a really big sword and a really tough horse, then run around slicing people's heads off. It's effective at most skill levels assuming you get a good charge and time the swing right.

Diplomacy and intrigue should be the main method of gaining influence instead of murdering thousands of sea bandits and then assaulting a town.
Seconding this.

You know, it would actually be nice if they added a trait system to nations, similar to the one lords currently have - so they could make a Martial nation, which would respect you if you captured towns and value strength in general, Diplomatic ones that prefer you talk it out with them and respect you for successful peace treaties more, that kinda thing.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: September 25, 2014, 06:38:54 am »

Basically the game needs a Crusader Kings II style strategic campaign layered over the current battle mechanics

Maybe the one game can be layered on to the other?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: September 25, 2014, 07:22:50 am »

Basically the game needs a Crusader Kings II style strategic campaign layered over the current battle mechanics

Maybe the one game can be layered on to the other?

Crusader Mount: Bladekings
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 310