Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655918 times)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3315 on: May 15, 2014, 07:09:30 pm »

On Pendor's oversized armies, it's been a while since I've played it but this should still work:

Download Morgh's editor (http://mountandblade.mircon.de/wp/morghs-mb-wbwfas-editor/) and you can use it to edit party sizes. As the documentation notes, this pretty much requires starting a new game, but you can reduce the army sizes to something not quite so ponderous. The amount of time saved slaughtering hundreds of goons is probably net time saved.

Of course much cheating is also possible this way, but I felt no guilt cutting down the army bloat.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: May 15, 2014, 07:11:39 pm »

There's no cheating in single player, only customizing a superior gaming experience.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
~
« Reply #3317 on: May 15, 2014, 10:13:02 pm »

Hmm, so Pendor's default 'max army size' is set to '!!THOUSANDS!!'?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: May 15, 2014, 10:34:11 pm »

Christ, thousand army battles? My computer melts running M&B battles with the max battle size of 150.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3319 on: May 15, 2014, 10:37:35 pm »

No, not battles, just armies. So you have to fight a 100v100 (200) battle 10 times to defeat them.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: May 16, 2014, 12:45:54 am »

@Voice Acting
Way I see it, gonna end up being 2-3 voice actors, total.  Think triple A games are bad on at the voice acting variation?

Opinion: Unnecessary.  More resources to gameplay and optimization.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: May 16, 2014, 02:18:27 am »

@Voice Acting
Way I see it, gonna end up being 2-3 voice actors, total.  Think triple A games are bad on at the voice acting variation?

Opinion: Unnecessary.  More resources to gameplay and optimization.

This.

With the slim exception of a select few RPGs and shooters than present themselves with all the panache of a blockbuster movie, I find that most conversational voice-acting detracts from the immersion of the experience.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: May 16, 2014, 09:18:22 am »

I've got a buncha mods, but really just mostly play multiplayer nowadays, on the GK servers.

I think my favorite weapon is the Sarranid's plated staff.  Quarterstaves and stuff always seem to be really good, outside of needing two hands, but this one actually also does damage, too.  The knockdown is especially nice.  Sadly, it's about the only thing the Sarranids have going for them.  Goddamn, are they terrible.

I've recently been wanting to pick up the Gekokuji mod again, though - mostly because I heard some music that reminds me of what the mod uses.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIlUIlA_yHI / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_xTet06SUo
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:29:02 am by Farce »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: May 16, 2014, 10:07:42 am »

Gekokujo is a very nicely done mod, the castles and town scenes are really quite an achievement, though I did find the numerous Touhou references a little annoying. Eh... well, more unexpected I guess. Other than names and vague similarities they're not straight taken from Touhou so it's fine.

With the voice acting/text. From the mods I've seen, Mount and Blade doesn't really allow itself for unique characters. Like, you can't give a king a unique personality because all the leaders draw from the same text pools adjusted depending on their morals. I would like to see more flexibility in that regard. In the same fashion, guild masters and shop keepers using different models based on culture
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: May 16, 2014, 10:56:44 am »

Gekokujo is a very nicely done mod, the castles and town scenes are really quite an achievement, though I did find the numerous Touhou references a little annoying. Eh... well, more unexpected I guess. Other than names and vague similarities they're not straight taken from Touhou so it's fine.

With the voice acting/text. From the mods I've seen, Mount and Blade doesn't really allow itself for unique characters. Like, you can't give a king a unique personality because all the leaders draw from the same text pools adjusted depending on their morals. I would like to see more flexibility in that regard. In the same fashion, guild masters and shop keepers using different models based on culture

Both are possible, just non-trivial and modders that are also hackers (in the older meaning) are like 10% of the modding community. There is a bunch, and when they do something, it's often jaw-droppingly awesome (dual-wielding? Done. Full-auto guns? Done. Seasons? Done.)

Most mod-makers just drop the game into a different era, which requires mostly art, not coding (or rather, not inventive coding, just modifying the pre-set values).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3325 on: May 16, 2014, 11:11:41 am »

I've recently been wanting to pick up the Gekokuji mod again, though - mostly because I heard some music that reminds me of what the mod uses.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIlUIlA_yHI / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_xTet06SUo

You know phlpp's working on a beta for 3.0 right now- here's a link to the thread. Please do report bugs & try to reproduce any you find.
Badges of honor

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: May 16, 2014, 11:15:05 am »

I'd agree with the points about voice-acting.

Just as long as they put at least rudimentary infrastructure in so modders can slap some voice-acting on if they want (as well as an option to turn it off if the player so wishes) then I think all parties could be satisfied~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: May 16, 2014, 11:28:23 am »

I'm eargerly waiting for that 3.0 release of Gekokujo
Older versions showed a lot of potential (those castle siege were just amazing) and from what i read on the dedicaced thread it looks like 3.0 will improve everything.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: May 16, 2014, 01:55:45 pm »

I don't know if anyone still remembers Rigale - it's that one mod that adds more RPG elements and world interaction and crafting and what-have-you. There used to be a LP of it a couple of years ago.

Well, its creator decided to randomly show back up one day and continue working on the mod, and released a new version today, adding most notably pseudo-Civilizationy Custom Settlements feature. Basically, you have your own little village built wherever you want (or several) to develop and techs to research, giving you more income, better troops or, well, stuff.

WOW.  I'll have to check that out.

And I might remember that LP of Rigale.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: May 16, 2014, 02:00:05 pm »

On the subject of NPC interactions and voices, i sometime wish it would be possible to mod some chatbots into the game.
All those regular feasts would be hilarious with this kind of inter-chatbot discussions between lords
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzlbyTZsQY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr7qVQ3UoSk

:D
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 310