Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657359 times)

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2760 on: December 29, 2012, 04:13:52 am »

I am amused at how well this game handles cheating.

It doesn't break, it doesn't cap, it just let you be.

Catching up with horse raiders, dodging arrows and killing them with a dagger, never gets old.

Yeah M&B is a game I can have a lot of fun with when cheating. Though I usually only use the teleporting and map reveal cheat to track down quest targets I either can't find (How was I supposed to know that Forest Bandit ended up in the desert?) or can't catch and I don't want to disband my entire elite army to catch them. I sometimes use the health cheat sparingly, but I try not too or only use it in a situation I could see a "health potion", as it were, to cheat.

Other times, I get bored and see what happens if you make max level everything.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: December 29, 2012, 04:26:20 am »

Definitely. Not sure I would have played M&B so much if it didn't let me cheat. A lot of the quests were ridiculous, like the bounty hunting ones. Or tracking people down.

And I lost count how many times I've enjoyed myself naming a character something like "Sauron the Deciever", followed by fighting 1 vs 1000 and coming out completely bloodsoaked, red head-to-toe, and covered with arrows. It's just very cathartic and relaxing. Then reset all the cheats and go back to being "Sauron the Pretty Decent".

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: December 29, 2012, 07:16:08 am »

I normally play the part from worthless peasant with a stick to Lord of X naturally, since its hard, fun and the progression is visible and quick.

After that it just bogs down so hard and I hate waiting for the ai lords to get there things into gear that I cheat a lil bit (shame on me) and even it out by breaking off to forming my indi-kingdom.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: December 29, 2012, 02:07:54 pm »

I've taken to naming myself Sir Falstaff. Kind of pretentious, but hey.

Being a vassal is too much of a pain. I usually just farm sea raiders for gear, renown, and money until I start training up some huscarls to take a random castle. And checking for captured lords whenever you pass a castle is a handy way of making friends and gaining honor. Releasing enemy lords when you capture them will also get you tons of friends, who may later defect when their faction is being conquered. There was this one jarl who reached about +80 relationship, and would pretty much squeal with delight whenever I beat him. He was basically my number one fan, despite always wanting to kill me.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: December 29, 2012, 02:45:46 pm »

I like tying the characters together, like the noble warrior Sir Manatee has a half-brother ranger named Lord Buffalo.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: December 29, 2012, 02:52:22 pm »

Is there some sort of super event in brytenwalda that isn't in vanilla? I think I remember saying that it was story driven, and there are all these ROMA VICTORUS (or something like that) guys.

(Don't post to big of a spoiler plz)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: December 30, 2012, 12:56:54 am »

Without spoiling, there is alot of stuff that happens in bryt, depends on how you define super event, if you are talking about a big invasion or the like, there wasnt last time I played it, ROMA is another version of the bryt mod.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: December 30, 2012, 02:40:44 am »

I normally play the part from worthless peasant with a stick to Lord of X naturally, since its hard, fun and the progression is visible and quick.

After that it just bogs down so hard and I hate waiting for the ai lords to get there things into gear that I cheat a lil bit (shame on me) and even it out by breaking off to forming my indi-kingdom.

I tend to play a peasant woman, who one day conquers a castle and becomes queen. Pretty much as hard as you can make the game, hahaha. I like to give out fiefs to the female companions as well.

M&B is really just a game I play for relaxing, it's flexible and easy to play - and cheat in. I can play it for hours and not get frustrated, because if it annoys me, I can just bounce back with some cheats. It's not like say, Total War which I like, but it's really annoying to try and cheat that game, and it frustrates me after a while sometimes.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: December 30, 2012, 02:51:50 am »

And, when the continent's factions come crashing down in a massive all-out war with one or more being pushed to the ends of the continent, you can draw out all your huscarls in your fortifications and go blaze a trail of death and sorrow across Calradia. Keep count of how many lords you defeat in battle before being beaten.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: December 30, 2012, 06:46:34 pm »

I tend to play a peasant woman, who one day conquers a castle and becomes queen. Pretty much as hard as you can make the game, hahaha. I like to give out fiefs to the female companions as well.

Man that reminds me so much of The Wedding Dance mod, too much mistresses :P

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: December 30, 2012, 07:18:49 pm »

Man that reminds me so much of The Wedding Dance mod, too much mistresses :P

Never heard of that mod :P
I tend to play Pendor or Floris mods myself, so that gives you a general idea of how many lords (ladies, I guess technically) I typically have to provide land for at first.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: January 07, 2013, 01:28:36 am »

Freaking stupid automatic battles.

Actual battle: 100 more deaths on their side.

Calculated battle: 400 more deaths on our side.

Why is there such a huge difference?!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: January 07, 2013, 02:19:58 am »

Autocalc is a crapshot, common complaint. However, since your troops aren't being led, it's probable that they're more likely to be slaughtered. So it may be a feature instead of a bug.

It's probably a bug though.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: January 07, 2013, 08:19:05 am »

We heavily outnumbered them and there were others lords on my side. I think it's more like they didn't take into consideration the number difference.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: February 12, 2013, 11:01:43 pm »

Still immersed in Prophesy of Pendor, and determined to achieve total victory for once, which I have never done yet in M&B.

I'm roughly 550 in-game days into it, and my character is quite the badass mounted archer at this point.  I'm quite good at leading enemy cavalry in circles and picking them off one by one in quick passing shots, even at a distance.  Coolest moment yet was when I challenged an enemy lord and had my troops hang back for a bit, while I went ahead to soften up the opposition.  I went and fired my first shot completely at random into the middle of the enemy formation, and it nailed their lord right in the face :P   With my rune bow, noldor arrows, and power draw 7, only the tankiest units take two shots.  I personally take out 30-60 enemies in any battle.

I've finally declared myself an as an independent faction in the name of Pendor.  I have one castle and village.  Sarleon and Ravenstern quickly declared war to take it from me.  Damn bullies.  They keep showing up with massive forces, and I've managed to hold my own by baiting Jatu armies over to drive them all away.  When someone breaks away from their group, I pounce on them.  I've thus managed to slowly whittle down the opposition.  They're bringing smaller and smaller armies.  Except for damn King Ulric, who keeps coming at me with armies of 600+.  I can personally field only 162.  At one point, the Jatu weren't even enough to drive them away, and I had to drag them over to Ilthrilrandir's noldor army (a massive 1500 unit army), so that he would chase the Jatu while the Jatu chased me over to my castle to drive away almost 2000 Sarleon.

I'm slowly building up a garrison in my castle of max-level infantry units.  I have about 220 in reserve now.  Soon, I'm going to take as many of them as I can and go capture another castle.  I have to do it soon, because I had about 100,000 denars when I started out, and I'm down to about 35,000.  Desperately need more income.  My biggest problem is all the business enterprises I invested in are in Sarleon and Ravenstern, because I built up great relations with them in my mercenary days.  Then I go independent, and they're the two that immediately attack me.  It's been ridiculously challenging, and I admit I've had to save scum a lot.

I've also started a chapter of the Silvermist Knighthood Order, and have two silvermist rangers and five silvermist halberdiers.  Haven't taken them into battle yet.  Looking forward to seeing what they can do.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 310