Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657216 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2505 on: July 23, 2012, 07:14:02 am »

Those battles are what stopped me playing the game. Once I got halfway across the map the constant "intense" massive battles got a bit boring, considering if I needed more troops i'd just take the elite ones from prisons that I take over. What ended up happening was I spent about a day taking over the world with nobody able to challenge me.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: July 23, 2012, 07:54:05 am »

I remember conquering the entire map in vanilla with nothing but swadian knights.
50 swadian knights to be exact... those guys were just THAT good no matter on foot or mounted...
 mostly due to ridiculous ammounts of armour they wear.
And my dear king never EVER gave me a single effing city for my efforts.
Nope no sirrie.
Just 2 vilages to add to the one that was already burned to the ground the cheap arsehole gave me for my first "flief".
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: July 23, 2012, 07:54:54 am »

You turned on him right?  I mean, you could have trounced him. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: July 23, 2012, 08:20:03 am »

You turned on him right?  I mean, you could have trounced him.

I could but i'd get trashed pretty soon seeing they had more Swadian Knights than me.
Also all of the Lords from other (now nonexistent) realms joined swadia.

Basically it would be me against every single lord in the game.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:22:00 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: July 23, 2012, 09:03:47 am »

Basically it would be me against every single lord in the game.

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME. More seriously, I think you could do it; maximise your party capacity, get a full complement of Swadian knights, and build up a war chest. If you can wrangle a garrison out of someone somehow, stuff it full of as many backup knights (or Huscarls, they are equally badass, albeit slightly slower), but this is less vital, as they're really only for reinforcements.

Then, starting in a far off corner of the map (I'm thinking Wercheg, though a Sarranid city might work) construct those highly profitable dyeworks in all nearby cities.

Now, start steamrolling.

As long as you can maintain a reasonable border, you shouldn't have to worry about defending the cities you've captured, and if you charge during a feast on the other side of the map, you should be able to clear at least a couple of the major cities nearby before they can respond. If you find yourself starting to get swamped by sheer bodies, give a few fiefs to your followers, and then call them together for a war.

Man, I'm totally gonna try this :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: July 23, 2012, 09:04:40 am »

Swadia, funny enough, had the same effect in my game, despite continually losing holdings to my comrades, the Rhodoks.
They keep getting all the defecting or treasonous lords, and never have enough property to satisfy them all. Now, there's barely anything left of them.

I'm experiencing the opposite in fiefs, however. Almost to the point where I'm worried that what lords we do have left, will just defect because they have no holdings. I'm strong enough to take on almost everything except a King, or a massed army, but even then I won't be able to help if we don't have enough lords to maintain our conquests.

Only a few exceptional and loyal lords are getting all the good stuff. Thankfully, I count. Graveth has given me about four villages (my original village, sadly, disappeared with a defection), a castle in the middle of nowhere, and a freshly reconquered Dhirim. I actually lead the first conquering of it, but I was the marshal, and had far too much controversy to be considered the first time around. After it changed owners a few times, it finally settled on me.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: July 23, 2012, 09:20:17 am »

Swadia is arguably the most powerful faction in the game but their conflicting vassals and the fact they're in the middle of the map and often get flanked means doom almost all the time for them. With a capable human player they can dominate pretty easy.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: July 23, 2012, 09:32:25 am »

Hmm, I'm trying to turn my guy into the ultimate warrior, with no armor of any kind, and just one weapon.

What's the max level one can get in this game, and If I were to put enough ranks in athletics, would I eventually be able to equal the speed of a horse?  Cause that would be awesome, and integral to fighting archers, alone, and on foot. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: July 23, 2012, 09:44:47 am »

I don't think there's a cap on levels, but there are caps to everything else.

For stats like strength, it caps at 62 if I remember correctly.

For things like ironflesh, it caps at 10.

And the weapon attribute things cap at like 300 or 500 or something like that.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: July 23, 2012, 09:54:32 am »

Okay.  But here's some awesome news ( at least, to me ).

My "ultimate warrior" used to have a two handed greatsword, his only weapon.  This was before I realized the slight disadvantages of two handed over one handed when it came to an unarmored, shieldless guy.  I had my butt handed to me constantly by this group of bandits, whom I whittled down from like 14 to four. 

But then they took my weapon and reduced my guy to fists and kicks.  I still tried, and got beaten up and captured like 5 times before I gave up.

Several weeks later, my guy has trained up to 100 on all melee weapon skills, and is using a shortsword for both its speed and versatility.  His first time away from the arena where he trained and earned coin, he fought a group of four bandits.

The very same group that I kept losing to earlier. 

My guy, who was a much better fighter by this point, charged them and took them out without receiving a hit.  And imagine my surprise when I found the two handed greatsword in the loot screen.

I will sell it, though.  That sword marked a point in my adventurer's life when he was still naive, and foolish.  Still, this is awesome.  I had no idea bandit parties stayed together forever, and kept all the stuff they take. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: July 23, 2012, 09:59:50 am »

At the high levels, I just use the jeweled sword with both hands. I have the shield on my back for when I have to charge up to the archers, but when i get there i just put it away and start hacking. 2H is best weapons :P
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: July 23, 2012, 10:03:12 am »

Yeah, but my guy doesn't use a shield. 

What's the most powerful one handed weapon in the game? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: July 23, 2012, 10:16:19 am »

In vanilla? Wouldn't it be like a bastard sword with some modifier?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: July 23, 2012, 11:59:08 am »

yar, probably one of the 1h/2h combo weapons.  On a sidenote the blood and steel mod has a char that starts with a stonking 2h sword 62 str and 62 ag.  Is rather fun.  Personally I usually go for something that has the 'can crush through blocks' tag.  Though in vanilla I think only sledgehammers have that, but I havent played vanilla in ages.  Prophecy of Pendor has a sweet 1h/2h combo morning star with can crush through blocks and piercing damage, only weapon you need for most of the game.   
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: July 23, 2012, 12:40:44 pm »

The 1h/2h morning star is my favored weapon for its all purpose use... plus its not too bad on horseback either.  I believe the weapon is in Floris Mod too.
Really though, you have to also take in weapon reach and weapon speed into account.  More so the reach, since your agility stat (and maybe skill with the weapon type) increases weapon speed I believe.  Damage is still important since you want to hurt things too.

@No-armor play, I can never ever do that... its simply too easy to get randomly hit by ranged fire, plus... I suck, especially when +3 guys home in on me with their mass weapon storm where I can't go offensive without getting hit...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 310