Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657126 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2340 on: May 22, 2012, 11:20:26 pm »

The Nords currently own Sargoth, Reyvadin, Tihr, Suno, Uxkhal, Dhirim and Rivacheg, along with pretty much every castle around those towns. It would be one hell of a war trying to take over all that.

Also, don't fuck with the Sarranids.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
We took Khudan after I was appointed marshall. I sent everyone home because of how proud I was of their valiant fighting (and I got 75% of them killed) and right when I leave Khudan I get attacked by 50 taiga bandits. Oh well, no biggie. I got KO'd because I was low on health but I lost nobody and my ally lost some Swadian knights. I look over and I see something truly horrifying, 250 taiga bandits in 5 different groups crossing the bridge. I look at them and it scares me even more. "Following Jarl Jacob"

EDIT2: Shook off the annoying bandits and assembled the army. We took one of the Vaegir castles and now they're going the way of Swadia, both of them are down to 1 castle and that's it. After I take down the Vaegirs I'm going after Swadia.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:23:54 am by Jacob/Lee »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2341 on: May 23, 2012, 04:18:33 am »

I started a war against the Nords with my small, private army of ~100, mostly Vaegir Marksmen with a sprinkling of high tier Nord infantry. After running around weakening the Nordic armies one by one, I swung by Werchig(sp?) and took it over with only forty casualties against an army of ~350. Now my prison holds five Nordic Jarls, who I'm ransoming off as offers are given while building up my army and fending off the odd raider. Things seem to be going surprisingly well, considering the last time I tried establishing my own kingdom I lost nearly all of my troops and had the Vaegirs declare war on me.

It's the first time I've ever become king without things immediately falling apart. :D
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: May 23, 2012, 01:54:52 pm »

It's simple, you just need to go after one of the weaker factions and keep curbstomping everything they send against you.  :P

I'm up to a week in my own kingship, and the Sarranids have broken 4 armies on me. Thinking about building up relations with the Rhodoks; I don't want them taking me from behind, and I want to keep my supply of crossbowmen open. A little helpful fact: if you bunker up in your castle and let enemy armies start raiding a village of yours, you can attack them there and their cav won't have mounts, which makes kiting about ten bajillion times easier.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: May 23, 2012, 02:00:26 pm »

That also works when your raiding theirs they don't hav Cav, which makes play nords a lot easier.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: May 23, 2012, 04:18:13 pm »

Heh, have already taken 1 town, 2 castles, and 6 villages from the Sarranids in 9 days, and they've lost around 2000 troops while I've lost something like 30-40. I guess training up all those Nords and Rhodoks before I invaded was a good idea. Even had one of the exiled Nord lords come to me; I gave him a castle and village to keep him happy. Just need to recruit enough to garrison my other castle and the town, then I can take my army out and capture more stuff. Longer term goal is polishing off the Sarranids and starting on the Khanate, then the Vaegirs.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: May 25, 2012, 06:06:36 pm »

From what I can tell, the Sarranids try to be the balanced faction. They don't have amazing troops in one class yet none of their classes suck either. This puts them in a bad place for the most part when fighting the more specialized factions (Nords, Khergits etc) and gives them a fairly level field against other balanced ones (Vaegir, Swadia) but usually just ends up bad for them.

But the mamlukes, fuck them to hell. I've had many huscarls get 1-shotted by these lance-wielding assholes.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: May 25, 2012, 06:17:30 pm »

Lancers are the best. Alos any tips on getting a lot of RtR fast?
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: May 25, 2012, 06:20:13 pm »

Lancers are the best. Alos any tips on getting a lot of RtR fast?
It might not be lots or fast, but sending your companion(s) out to convince people you're capable of ruling nets you 3 RtR, which is high considering it's a zero-risk deal. It only works once per companion, though.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: May 25, 2012, 06:35:45 pm »

I decided to try M&B:WB again lately.

Could anyone suggest me some good mods?
Preferably with crafting.

I already have Freelancer 1.5 and Native Expansion but i'm looking for something different.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: May 25, 2012, 06:38:37 pm »

I like the Romance of the Three Kingdoms mod, but I don't think it has crafting. I dunno, I haven't played it too in-depth yet. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2350 on: May 25, 2012, 06:38:48 pm »

Gaining RtR with companion missions:

Be warned that they'll constantly bicker about which companion went off to improve your right to rule. If they complain, they'll refuse to go off and do their own RtR missions. This doesn't remove RtR you've already gained from them, though, so if someone's already done the RtR mission and complains, it doesn't make a difference, but they might be a bit unhappier. To prevent this, constantly send them off on missions (Scouting, RtR) until everyone's done their stuff.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: May 25, 2012, 07:47:27 pm »

I wonder why you can't give some very useful orders/requests to lords about battle, like "Assist X in the siege of Y" or, for the marshall, "Besiege X", things like that. Makes you wonder why the devs left an amazingly useful order like that out.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: May 25, 2012, 08:01:57 pm »

I remember hearing about them running out of time, or the mod they used to build warband didn't have those features.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: May 25, 2012, 08:11:57 pm »

Re: mamlukes: You kidding? As long as you kill off the lancers (or their horses) before they reach your lines they're fine. And the mace ones basically never get outright kills.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: May 25, 2012, 08:28:41 pm »

That's the problem, you might not be able to kill all mamluke lancers before they reach your lines. When they do, expect a death.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 310