Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655255 times)

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2010, 03:56:22 pm »

I'm glad to hear they changed couched lancing. It was pretty strong before.

I bought M&B when it was still a 12$ beta. Best 12$ I spent on a game ever I think. I got really really good with archery. I played The Last Days Mod and as an elven archer I could take out 30 orcs before they reached my hilltop.

It's a shame my favorite mods were never updated to the final version. Onin no Ran, TLD, and the MesoAmerican mods were my favorites due to Ron Losey's realistic combat model. You could down an unarmored horse in two swings, much better then the 5 or 10 swings in native. Are there any current mods that still use the RCM or similiar? I might have to re install M&B if so, I'm getting the hankering to put some arrows in some peasant's eye.

I always played infantry armies with a good number of archers and a very small number of mounted units. Mixed unit tactics rule. I found leading around 50 Swadian Knights kind of boring after the uniqueness of mounted combat wore off.

Also, I love me some glaives.

Some guy modified Lords and Realms to use RCM, but i believe it has some bugs  :P.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,65153.0.html?PHPSESSID=2436462001c2a80ccc199f6731ba360e

Horse damage is to low. If I get a horse to run into my face i'm going to be knocked out or killed, at the very least hurt.

Being able to brace your lance against a horse is in a mod somewhere apparently

Europe 1200 has it, the mod is HUGE :o, the entirety of Europe all the way into Russia, up to the UK and down into North Africa, 24 factions each with their own unique troop trees.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61703.0.html
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2010, 04:17:22 pm »

Europe 1200 has it, the mod is HUGE :o, the entirety of Europe all the way into Russia, up to the UK and down into North Africa, 24 factions each with their own unique troop trees.
Woa...
is the new map... new?
I played it... oh, a couple months ago and it had the original map back then.
I may need to check it out again.
(and if I am full of crap and it always had the map: let me know)

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2010, 04:23:51 pm »

Woa...
is the new map... new?
I played it... oh, a couple months ago and it had the original map back then.
I may need to check it out again.
(and if I am full of crap and it always had the map: let me know)

I'm not sure if they made any improvements, i played it back in October 09 (sometime around then) and they had a map with some rather rough jagged edges but it wasn't the original Native map. I'm trying out some other mods so i might download it again later and tell you in the event you don't do so yourself.
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2010, 05:06:21 pm »

Europe 1200 actually sounds interesting... I'll give it a go.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2010, 05:30:48 pm »

Die karmesinrote Erntemaschine strikes again! Felling his foes like wheat! Feels good when you can take out a 90 troop group with only 36 guys.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2010, 07:20:58 pm »

Die karmesinrote Erntemaschine strikes again! Felling his foes like wheat! Feels good when you can take out a 90 troop group with only 36 guys.
Swadian Knights vs. Rhodoks? :D
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2010, 07:28:14 pm »

Worse, khergit elite horse archers vs rhodoks
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2010, 08:19:36 pm »

That's so hilariously unfair. XD
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2010, 08:26:18 pm »

That's so hilariously unfair. XD

But its so damn funny. Although rhodok sharpshooters could knock out a few.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2010, 08:34:29 pm »

Those Rhodok Sharpshooters are nasty when they can hit things.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2010, 08:57:16 pm »

When and if. That's why I bomp them with my horse so they draw their swords.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2010, 10:19:34 pm »

I have found a new hatred in Rhodoks defending castles, especially in large cities where you're out-numbered.

Just an endless flood of Rhodok Crossbowmen spawning on the streets below as you fight down the TWO MAN WIDE stairs which apparently no one has the forethought or ability to leap down from when they get close enough to the bottom.

Slezkh castle in native is perhaps one of the worst castles in the game to invade. The ramparts are really narrow, have only one stair way to the courtyard where the plethora of crossbowmen spawn, and said stairs do not simply go down to the courtyard, they go UP in stairs that are about as narrow as the siege ladder, down to a platform, then down again to the courtyard. So it's essentially like a mini-second siege except that you've got like 20 crossbowmen just sitting there plicking away at your guys from BEHIND while two or three wussy spearmen with board shields hold an army of Huscarls at bay. It's awful.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2010, 10:33:05 pm »

Ugh, I hate when shittons of troops spawn in the courtyard while you're fighting your way in or waiting for a siege tower or whatever.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2010, 10:36:41 pm »

Please.  The castles in Khergit territory are fucking insane.  I just assaulted one (Sword of Damocles, but that's just Native + Free Starting Army), where I had to build a siege tower.  Khergit castles are in the middle of goddamned mountains, so the tower is rocking back and forth like a seesaw, moving about three inches a minute and randomly stopping for no reason I can discern.

I though Khergits, being cavalry heavy, would be easy to siege since they'd have to fight dismounted.  Turns out they make better archers when standing than they do when riding.  The tower never even reached the wall before they methodically picked apart my whole company.

For that matter, I've never managed to siege anyone in Native.  How the Hell do you pull that off?  It's a rare day when any castle has less than 100 guards (invariably kickass archers).  But you have to rack up like Leadership 8 and many hundreds of Renown to even match that, let alone field a competitive force.  Without several villages worth of taxes and farming huge bands of Mountain Bandits that outrun me anyway, I don't know how to afford that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2010, 10:47:56 pm »

I need to check this game out.

I think it's on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 310