Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657031 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2175 on: February 05, 2012, 11:01:43 pm »

thanks. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: February 06, 2012, 06:39:36 am »

I'm training an army of a hundred mamlukes.

I'm basically unbeatable in open battle.

A hundred khergit lancers work well too.

I always play with khergits because they all use horses.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: February 06, 2012, 07:25:34 am »

Well i pretty much remember Swadian knights being unstoppable rape machines in the original game.
50 of those monsters and i could pretty much conquer any castle/town with a torrent of metal clad morningstar equipped psychos.

Hell i remeber conquering the entire map for Swadia way back then and the only time i actually took losses was when i charged against Vaegir knights.

Anyone has any experience with playing Native Expanded against Dark Knights?
Last time i tried i had several lords charging with me (900 vs 900) against them just to suffer a retarded # of losses (in fact in actual combat i had several pages of lost troops while my side managed to kill a single dark squire).
All this whili i had Troop damage set to 1/2.
In fact autocombat seems to rip you off less when fighting them than actual combat.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: February 06, 2012, 08:36:46 am »

So, I took some screenshots, how do I upload them to Bay12?  Are they already in My Pictures, or just on Steam? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: February 06, 2012, 08:44:52 am »

oddy i remember Swadian knights being a bit crap once thay got of there little poneys and strted fighting.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: February 06, 2012, 09:12:24 am »

oddy i remember Swadian knights being a bit crap once thay got of there little poneys and strted fighting.
Its cause their little ponies are heavily armored chargers or equivalents meant to run people over.  Otherwise, yea, most Swadians are walking tin cans when on foot...  Well, might be cause they are walking tin cans.

Native Expanded Dark Knights, from the original have always been overpowered, requiring a good number of the new advanced troops to successfully fight on equal grounds.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: February 06, 2012, 11:12:51 am »

Native Expanded Dark Knights, from the original have always been overpowered, requiring a good number of the new advanced troops to successfully fight on equal grounds.

Yeah but those advanced troops require me to become a faction leader and own a city whitch is something way out of my reach.
In the meantime they seem to home in almost exclusively on castles owned by me no matter how many dudes i put in them or how far from their towns the said castles are... in fact they made all their way from Rivacheg to Grunwalder castle just to take it and leave with almost no garrison.

Frankly taking towns belonging to them is a laugh since the garrison usually has 20 archers at most and the melee unist just stand there taking bolts/arrows to the face/shield till they finally drop... of course climbing the ladder itself is out of the question because i lost 20 (all i had) King's berserkers in a more or less (numerically) fair fight last time when i tried attacking them by infantry (after i killed the archers).
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: February 13, 2012, 04:40:24 pm »

Just picked warband back up... Floris mod.

Ended up in a 200 versus 650 battle to break a siege on Praven.  120-ish Swadian allies and 70-ish of my troops versus the Nords. 
My troops were around tiers 3-4, mostly, except for a few tier 5s and 6s.  Though, those tier 5s and 6s were elite Swadian Cavalry I picked up from prisoners. The terrain was hilly, but still clear enough to favor the Swadian Cavalry...

It was wholesale slaughter.  Withering archer fire alone, freelancer, huntress and swadian archers counts for about half of all the kills, though running out of ammo sucks... while my infantry did well enough holding the line when they got close... 
Now... the cavalry... especially the tier 5-6  Swadian cavalry... they cut a swath through the Nords, multiple times.  Even though I had fewer of em at disposal... these guys just killed and killed like no tomorrow.  Even dehorsed and put into the infantry line, they kept bringing the Nords down, stack of 4-5 of em in the melee line and it was a grinding machine.

At first, being the front line commander leading the cavalry charges myself... and hitting targets of opportunity... progressively taking damage.  Near the end I just had to stay out of the fight, for fear of getting downed.  I'd have lost if I couldn't command the troops.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: February 13, 2012, 04:53:08 pm »

Well i pretty much remember Swadian knights being unstoppable rape machines in the original game.
50 of those monsters and i could pretty much conquer any castle/town with a torrent of metal clad morningstar equipped psychos.
Not with me and my huscarls holding out they wouldnt.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: February 13, 2012, 04:58:47 pm »

Not with me and my huscarls holding out they wouldnt.
Shit i remember the original Native Expansion spears got rediculous in horse killing, Swadian Knights couldn't do dick to that line, then the Huscarls just one shotting everyone with flying axes.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2185 on: March 01, 2012, 12:43:55 am »

Huh, just tried visiting the MBX forums to see how the TLD patches were progressing, and it tried to redirect me to another site and my antivirus popped up with warnings about malicious code and a suspicious url. Closed the browser and haven't tried going back.

Did their forum get hacked or something?
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: March 01, 2012, 07:06:51 am »

Err, did you get the right URL in the first place? 
http://forums.taleworlds.com/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:10:27 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: March 01, 2012, 11:01:36 am »

I'm talking about the MBX forum. The one the TLD mod is on.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: March 01, 2012, 01:55:00 pm »

I'm talking about the MBX forum. The one the TLD mod is on.
It might help to spell both MBX and TDL out... cause they are foreign to me and probably a few others. 
All I know is the talesworld forum for mods.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: March 01, 2012, 02:39:48 pm »

TLD = The Last Days, the Lord of the Rings mod for this game.

And the MBX forum is where they have the mod info, since Taleworlds didn't give em their own board there due to (I assume) the copyright issues associated with it. Theres even a link from the taleworlds forums - scroll down a bit, it says MBXForum.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 310