Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656677 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1620 on: June 06, 2011, 01:51:03 am »

Pray that the game somehow glitches and you both swap weapons?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: June 06, 2011, 02:08:44 am »

I could've sworn it was possible to smack their toes with an arrow, even if they had a shield equipped. (No, despite their head appearing visible over the shield, the crazy hitboxes generally protect them from headshots. But if foot-shots could bring down Achilles, why not Champion Fighters?  ::) )

The other option is to grab your dagger, prime it for an attack, and pray to your favourite deity that you hit first and can then proceed to stunlock them before they manage to hit you.

The other other option is to ready an arrow and wait for them to lower their shield. Which happens a very short time before they attack, so make sure you don't miss. I'm not sure if there's something preventing you from shooting at point-blank range targets or something, because I usually fail my shot at melee range, though that might be a problem with the user and not with the game.   :P

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: June 06, 2011, 02:10:31 am »

You still have a dagger, have it in the ready position and try to interrupt your opponent's attack when they chamber. If you're particularly good at it, you might be able to chamber block your opponent as well.

IThe other other option is to ready an arrow and wait for them to lower their shield. Which happens a very short time before they attack, so make sure you don't miss. I'm not sure if there's something preventing you from shooting at point-blank range targets or something, because I usually fail my shot at melee range, though that might be a problem with the user and not with the game.   :P

When you walk right up to an archer with their bow ready, your will "bump" into them and interrupt their strung position.

The best possible method is to aim at their feet, and to back up when they get near enough and hope they lower their shield.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: June 06, 2011, 02:14:29 am »

What is this dagger you speak of? Tell me how to activate these mystical powers...

I've been punching them when in that situation...

My fists, they are made of STEEL!!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: June 06, 2011, 02:42:14 am »

What is this dagger you speak of? Tell me how to activate these mystical powers...

I've been punching them when in that situation...

My fists, they are made of STEEL!!

Press 3 on the numpad to equip the dagger.
It is quite shit considering you cannot block with it. Whenever I happen to spawn with a bow and arrow I just kill a nearby person and steal his 2 handed sword.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: June 06, 2011, 02:57:49 am »

Honestly, I just shoot people in the feet if they have a sword and board. Works every time.

Remember, warband gives you a kick, its really useful to break out of stunlocks with
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: June 06, 2011, 04:00:04 am »

I dislike the default warband mounted attacks. They changed the neck height horizontal sweeps into a vertical attacks that only hit if you enemy is humping your leg.

Also, javelin vs lancer is the worst tournament fight. They rarely break the shield and then you're down to punching the horse when it hits a wall.

Edit: clarity.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:07:53 am by Asehujiko »
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: June 06, 2011, 04:16:20 am »

You can still do the mounted neck-high sweeps, but you have to aim in an awkward way.

Javelins in tourneys are bad unless you get (or take) a horse. When you're down to your last javelin, switch attack mode to melee with X and use it as a spear, or pick up a better weapon from the ground if possible.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:18:20 am by olemars »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: June 06, 2011, 04:25:37 am »

You can still do the mounted neck-high sweeps, but you have to aim in an awkward way.

It's not really an awkward way, you just have to slight move your mouse horizontally in order to go into a horizontal swing. I'm pretty sure it's been that way for a long, long time.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: June 06, 2011, 04:52:59 am »

In Warband the sweep angle is linked to the camera angle (or rather the torso angle), so if you look at the enemy you attack, the sweep ends up going at a far lower angle than you expect. You have to look at or above the horizon to get the desired sweep angle.

I assumed Asehujiko meant Warband, but I guess on rereading he might mean the original M&B, where the camera angle doesn't affect things, but I don't remember the attack swing being very vertical there.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: June 06, 2011, 07:08:20 am »

Yes i mean the Warband ones, the old M&B attacks were fine.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #1631 on: June 06, 2011, 10:08:19 am »

Personally I enjoy Warband more, more control over your swings direction is good, not bad.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1632 on: June 06, 2011, 12:15:05 pm »

I love this game

Today, the Kingdom of Rhodoks declared war against Kingdom of Vaegirs. After a long while of being with peace/truce with everyone, I really liked to be at a war. So, I went to raid a Vaegir village.

In middle of a raid, I get attacked by 2 lords. I have about 70 troops, they have +160. I fought.
First round, we fell to 50 troops and enemies to 110; we won the first round.
Second one, I ordered my archers to stay in one spot, and blocked the way for the enemies along my infantry+heroes. +20 Crossbowmen had fun time killing all the enemies. So again, we won. They lost +50 troops, we lost exactly 3. All heroes who were wounded: the weak ones.
Third round, same tactic, and we annihilated the lords. We were up with about 40 troops now.

So I continue to raid the village, and another lord comes. This time, he alone commanded +170 troops, and as I got knocked out in the first round, I couldn't dish out a bunch of the enemies. On the third round we lost, but we did drop the enemies down to 30 troops. I got taken a prisoner.

Shortly after, me and my friend Marnid escaped. However, we couldn't move almost at all before we were caught by the same lord who beat me. But as I'm not a coward, I fought.

Marnid is knocked unconscious before he manages to kill any enemies.
I'm alone versus 30-40 enemies.

Though as I have full health, a long sabre with high proficiency in 2-hand weapons, and a good mount, I manage to kill a ton of the guys.
At one point, there are 8 enemies left. I kill one of their footmen, and surprisingly one of their horsemen flees from the fight. 4 horsemen and 2 footmen left.
I kill another footman, 3 horsemen escape.
I kill the last footman, the last horseman escapes.

I get to take that lord as my prisoner if I want. Do I? Well, he did steal my full helm... So yeah. Sold him to the King for 2000 denars.

So although I lost a large bunch of heroes, and all my well trained men, I had fun during those battles.

King held a feast later on, he kept 3 tournaments, where I won in all of them with 100 denar bets on myself, each round. Gold, gold, gold...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:18:16 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: June 06, 2011, 01:53:40 pm »

If you ask the Ransom Broker, he will inform you where your old friends are being held captive while trying to extort you for obscene amounts of cash. You can then go to that castle, sneak in, and rescue them.

In my current Native Expansion game, it's not even worth it, though, because all my companions keep getting wasted by Snipers trying to escape Ergellon castle. I'm just waiting out the end of this long war of attrition (which we Swadians are losing) against the Rhodoks, in hopes of finding them at a tavern later.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: June 06, 2011, 02:49:10 pm »

Did nobody but me go with the Nord?...
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 310