Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656594 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1440 on: May 26, 2011, 04:11:35 am »

I have seen that repeatedly in teatrc. Usually in a band of deserters. I haven't tried to fight myself though, in fear it might corrupt the savegame or create a paradox or something. On the other hand, I did get a lot of lords chiding me for running away from a battle with myself.

Hmm... Do you also experience ghost armies?

Do you mean armies with 0 troops? In that case yes.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: May 26, 2011, 11:29:39 am »

I have seen that repeatedly in teatrc. Usually in a band of deserters. I haven't tried to fight myself though, in fear it might corrupt the savegame or create a paradox or something. On the other hand, I did get a lot of lords chiding me for running away from a battle with myself.

Hmm... Do you also experience ghost armies?

Do you mean armies with 0 troops? In that case yes.
Actually, I meant armies that disappear as soon as they reach you.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: May 26, 2011, 12:58:50 pm »

What does it mean when in teatrc, some of my skills are marked red and reduced by 1/2? I now have a horse I can't get back on again if I ever dismount it.

I think that may possibly be related to your character type.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Thump

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 26, 2011, 01:07:56 pm »

What does it mean when in teatrc, some of my skills are marked red and reduced by 1/2? I now have a horse I can't get back on again if I ever dismount it.

Were you wounded? I haven't played teatrc but in other mods, if you have a wound that's either active or you haven't rested enough to heal it, some skills will drop down. (Usually it's a wound like listed in quests or character report or something)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: May 26, 2011, 07:28:37 pm »

Is there a mod that lets the battle keep going even after I'm knocked unconscious? I hate when I'm totally able to win a battle, but I get KO'ed by a stray arrow (just a fact of playing on any remotely realistic difficulty) or something and the autoresolve makes my army all bend over and take swords up their butts.

In fact, I think Mount and Blade should have always let you take control of the other guys in your army (or at least heroes) after you get knocked out. In a game where your character is supposed to be no more powerful than any NPC it would make sense not to make it THAT especially important that you still remain in the battle (it would be fair to apply some leadership penalty or something, but in the early game being knocked out means you're totally screwed).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1445 on: May 26, 2011, 07:30:25 pm »

A lot of the popular mods do that.

The Native Mod Compilation has it. I think Floris has it too.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 26, 2011, 07:53:29 pm »

Hmmm... Got native expansion, and extracted it properly ("Native Expansion" folder in the Warband folder) but it's not showing on the dropdown at startup. Which is weird, I don't ever remember having that problem when I used MnB mods before.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: May 26, 2011, 08:09:20 pm »

Hmmm... Got native expansion, and extracted it properly ("Native Expansion" folder in the Warband folder) but it's not showing on the dropdown at startup. Which is weird, I don't ever remember having that problem when I used MnB mods before.
I thought it was supposed to go in Modules?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: May 26, 2011, 08:29:27 pm »

mods extracted folders must go into the Modules subfolder of the Warband directory.

And sometime a mod (you can say from its download size, if it relatively small by example like the More Metal Sounds ) will need you to make a copy of the Native folder, then extract the mod file into that copy of the Native folder (overwriting files in it)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:31:48 pm by Robsoie »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: May 26, 2011, 08:42:47 pm »

You can do battle continuation with TweakMB, if you don't feel like running a full mod. Likewise, nearly every single mod in existence provides battle continuation; why the main game still doesn't is beyond me.  ???

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: May 26, 2011, 08:44:39 pm »

Nearly every single mod in existence provides battle continuation; why the main game still doesn't is beyond me.  ???

Because TW are a bunch of lazy bastards who can't be bothered.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 26, 2011, 08:45:16 pm »

why the main game still doesn't is beyond me.  ???
That's an expansion set to come out next year.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 26, 2011, 08:49:12 pm »

why the main game still doesn't is beyond me.  ???
That's an expansion set to come out next year.
Seeing as they seem to move the time period forward each installment, maybe we'll get Mount & Blade: Modern Warfare at some point.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: May 26, 2011, 09:16:09 pm »

As far as I can tell they were originally planning on having guns but decided it was a bad idea.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 26, 2011, 09:26:49 pm »

As far as I can tell they were originally planning on having guns but decided it was a bad idea.

And then F&S added guns and we discovered, yes, being randomly OHKO'd from the far side of the battlefield is, in fact, a bad idea.

(And, since F&S is the one mod that hasn't added battle continuation...  ::))
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 310