Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656551 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1335 on: May 13, 2011, 11:57:32 pm »

Rhodoks can be surprisingly manly.

Yes, he's their last soldier in that fight.

Pffft. A real man would have not only attacked against those odds, he would've won!

(I am, of course, assuming he didn't win. ...right?)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 14, 2011, 12:04:02 am »

So does crpg still have crippling balance issues?  I played it for a while, but quit because archer spam was just unbearable.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: May 14, 2011, 02:30:30 am »

I lost 20 Huscarls to that Spearman. True story.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 14, 2011, 03:53:35 am »

I lost 20 Huscarls to that Spearman. True story.
Did you also lose Dhirim to two peasants and a horse?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: May 14, 2011, 08:20:46 am »

No, but the Nords I allied with lost Curin Castle literally somewhere around 7 to 9 times before I modified scripts.txt to weight being the person who initiates the siege more and promptly stocked it with 40ish Huscarls and built a watch tower when they FINALLY gave it to me.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 14, 2011, 01:07:22 pm »

No, but the Nords I allied with lost Curin Castle literally somewhere around 7 to 9 times before I modified scripts.txt to weight being the person who initiates the siege more and promptly stocked it with 40ish Huscarls and built a watch tower when they FINALLY gave it to me.

Question though, if you increase the weighting won't that mean your faction marshal will get every conquest your factions assaults? Or does the marshal not always start an npc siege?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 14, 2011, 01:09:27 pm »

Question though, if you increase the weighting won't that mean your faction marshal will get every conquest your factions assaults? Or does the marshal not always start an npc siege?
They don't always, just talk to the siege commander when you're following an army around and you'll see that it's often other lords.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 14, 2011, 01:09:50 pm »

Rhodoks can be surprisingly manly.

Yes, he's their last soldier in that fight.
He's a Brodok. of course he's manly.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 14, 2011, 02:08:55 pm »

Brodoks are where it is at. Crossbros are perhaps the greatest weapon to be invented, ever.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

orcishwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 14, 2011, 04:43:56 pm »

I always roll with the Brodoks. Crossbros are indeed where it is at. However, Swadian Cavalry seems to take out crossbowmen ranks, fortified by Brogeants quite easily. I usually roll with 90 crossbros, and 40 brogeants, if my Leadership and Charisma are high enough... and assuming I can train them all in a time effective manner.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 14, 2011, 04:48:29 pm »

And now every possible brodok rank must start with bro. Now how do we Bro-ify King Graveth?

orcishwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 14, 2011, 04:55:48 pm »

Hrmm... that is quite the dilemma... Bro-king Graveth? Possibly.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 14, 2011, 05:04:55 pm »

Wait, I got it!

We rename his title to Empbrorer

orcishwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 14, 2011, 05:09:44 pm »

Embroror Graveth.. indeed, it plays together so well. Now, what would the counts be addressed as? brounts? then again, that doesn't really sound so grand....

orcishwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 14, 2011, 06:28:54 pm »

Right to Rule is a pain in the ass to acquire... I've got 43, and I'm steadily getting more.. Some day.. my dreams of world wide conquest will be complete, and the Brodohkian alliance will control the entire whole of Calradia. Huzzah, all hail the Brodoks(Rhodoks), et cetera.
So far, I've actually been using extensively a formation of Crossbros(Crossbowmen), and Brogeants(Sergeants). I've been using a mix of mods, most notably being formations, diplomacy, and commander mods, allowing me to functionally command my units in combat, I rarely actually fight, aside from a few bow shots, and chops from my trusty two handed sword.. My general tactic is positioning around fifty crossbro(Crossbowmen) Brodoks(Rhodok) up at the top of a hilly area, and sending the brogeants(Sergeants) down to the bottom of said hilly area. I never actually let my archers foolishly launch rounds into the air, instead I just hold their fire till the enemy in question gets within logical range. The brogeants(Sergeants) usually act as a wall to hold back the enemy, while my crossbros(Crossbowmen) get a few good shots in, before charging to attack as well, as Brodok(Rhodok) Crossbros(Crossbowmen) at high level, actually have some nice melee weapons, not to mention shields.
Surprisingly, on normal difficulty for my units, I've only lost around 30 at once, in battles usually double my troop numbers, in part because I've gotten surgery on one my companions, up to a decent level, which prevents them from dying quite superbly.
I'm rather curious as to the tactics of others, using Rhodoks(My favorite faction, more or less)...
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 310