Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656529 times)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1290 on: May 10, 2011, 01:56:53 pm »

What is the best mod for running your own kingdom? It must be stable. Can be vanilla or Warband.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: May 10, 2011, 02:03:40 pm »

Sword of Damocles has my vote for the most customizable kingdoms setting, but lacks stability. The only other mod that I know of which actually has any form of advanced kingdom management is Native Mod Compilation for Warband.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1292 on: May 10, 2011, 02:04:05 pm »

Sword OF Damocles for W&B is the 'best' imo

Warband Sword of Damoces is still missing lots of features for running your own kingdom, but there is a port none the less

Wedding Dance for W&B is also pretty good

Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 10, 2011, 05:37:49 pm »

I think I tried SoD and it crashed every 2 minutes. I can't remember if that was on Vanilla or WB.

Native Expansion had a decent enough kingdom system. I am going to try the compilation mod tonight.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: May 10, 2011, 06:21:13 pm »

Yeah, native expansion had a really good system for your kingdom. I thought it was brilliant
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 10, 2011, 07:37:48 pm »

Just saying I've never experienced a crash with Sword of Damocles. Seems to vary from guy to guy. Prophecies of Pendor was nice too, I've only played it on M&B though. It has since migrated to Warband.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 11, 2011, 03:03:52 am »

I've been busy playing Floris Expanded Mod for the last few days and just need to get this out of the way.

*Ahem* Fuck Swadians and the horses they rode in on.

I swear to god I have never been more enraged by a virtual entity then by the Swadian nobility. My month as a hired mercenary with Swadia exposed me to stupidity the likes I've never seen in Mount and Blade Warband. Let me start from the beginning, to adequately paint the picture.

Before this whole thing started I had been making a living romping between Nord, Vaegir, and Swadian land bashing in the skulls of any ne'er-do-wells I could find. I was playing a foot army at the time with my personal skill mostly vested in archery and sword an' board with a few companions acting as personal bodyguards (Read: Meatshields) for when things got dicey. My army consisted of mostly Swadian soldiers, specifically Swadian longbowmen. For those of you who don't play Floris longbowmen can put an arrow between the eyes of an enemy soldier half the map away and I had be using them extensively. I eventually got to the point where my warband was too large to chase sea raiders (My target of choice at the time) with any kind of appreciable gain and decided I needed a new way to earn denar and renown. I decided I'd try my hand at being a mercenary as I'd never done it before and figured since I loved Swadian longbowmen I ought to enjoy working for them just as much. Oh how wrong I was.

My first hint at the ineptitude that is the Swadian military machine when I went seeking the lord offering a mercenary contract. I found the man relatively quickly, he was the one leading a 600+ army passed me towards some random Nord castle. I quickly sign up with him and think "Rad, I'll get to see some action sooner than I thought. I'll run to Dhirim to restock then double back towards the war party". I take the short trip and arrive just outside the city. To my surprise it's under siege and currently fighting off an army off around 400 angry and I can only assume drunk Nordmen who have whittled the defenders down to a few dozen men. I think "Hrm, maybe the Swadians just plan to take back the city later" and let the city fall. I head to Suno instead and go about buying supplies, noticing King Harlus with a stack of 300+ units patrolling around completely oblivious to his falling city. A day or so later I see half of the Swadian army I saw earlier. Apparently the marshal couldn't keep the lords in tow and they all ADD'ed out before they could even siege the castle.The marshal in question got replaced shortly after.

I spend the next week taking it to the few Nord nobility I come across and rake in some serious denar in the slave market as a result. I eventually get a summons by the new marshal to assemble a force for a new campaign. I quickly find out where the hell he is (Why the hell do they never tell you by the way?) and join him at at nearby castle. As I'm doing this I notice the Nords are sieging Suno. Thinking this is the reason that the campaign has been called I'm not surprised when we start to head of in the direction of Suno. As we near I see a relatively large band of Nords, maybe 500 or so, surrounding Suno. The band I'm with outnumbers them though so I'm not all that worried. I ride towards Suno, eager to cause some damage when I notice the Swadian war party veers away towards the city, swinging around the besieging Nords and heading to another random damn castle on the Nord's border. Long story short I die on the ramparts of Suno as the city falls, throwing axe right in the noggin while some inbred nobles pat themselves on the back for taking a castle in the middle of fuckin' nowhere. I eventually break free from captivity and retreat to Praven, the last Swadian city. Lo and behold, Harlus is still there patrolling around Praven like everything in the world is perfect. Queue another week of me training up new Swadian soldiers to replace the losses I suffered at Suno.

At this point I'm just waiting for my mercenary contract to end so I can just get the hell out of Swadia before I get dragged into another campaign to die a pointless death. My luck does not hold up however and I'm pulled into one last campaign. This time I make sure to ask the current Marshal (The last one got replaced shortly after the fall of Suno) what his target is. To my surprise the Marshal is assembling an army to retake Suno! I depart towards Suno with the large army the marshal has assemble, my hopes high that maybe my mercenary contract might just end on a high note. Everything goes well and we arrive at Suno with no problems. No Nord parties come to the aid of the now occupied Suno and my hopes soar even higher. We're actually going to take the city with no problem. Whatever odd timer the AI uses when it sieges clicks and the battle begins. But wait, what's this? Why are all the nobles heading away from Suno? The hell? Come back you cowards! To my astonishment only two of the lords moved in to take Suno the rest heading back into Swadian territory, resulting in 143 Swadian soldiers attacking a 400 NORD (You know, the guys that excel as stabbing people at close range) garrison. I say "Fuck it" and charge in, winning the day only because my Swadian longbowmen cutting a swathe through the defending Nordsmen on the wall thanks to their lack of ranged troops and inability to leave the ramparts to engage units outside the wall. I come out of the fight with most my party dead, my face beaten to a pulp and, since I'm a mercenary, a measly 400 denars in loot. The city gets awarded to one of the nobles that ran as soon as the siege started.

My contract ends a few days later and I get the hell out of Swadia, vowing to one day return and destroy every god damn person of Swadian Nobility.

Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 11, 2011, 03:08:36 am »

Yep, warbands are funny like that. Even if there is over 1000 of your guys, if its spread out over too many nobles they'll run from every encounter.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 11, 2011, 05:13:05 am »

You are "Told" where the marshal is when you're summoned, but you have to go through the entities interface or whatever it's called to find that "last seen at x 0 days ago" thing.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 11, 2011, 07:01:52 am »

Swadia sucks anyway..go Nords!!
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: May 11, 2011, 11:23:31 am »

I love Swadian longbows... thats why I fully intend to take them over the first chance I get. Not to mention that Praven and Dhirim are usually one of the richest cities.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: May 11, 2011, 01:10:07 pm »

Not sure if this has been asked already but in E&tRC, I've got this problem with the update text (the bit in he lower left corner of the screen that scrolls past with information.) either stops for a bit then comes back, or disapears all together.

I thought it wouldn't be to much of a biggie but it's got surprisingly annoying without having it <w>
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: May 11, 2011, 01:26:52 pm »

I love Swadian longbows... thats why I fully intend to take them over the first chance I get. Not to mention that Praven and Dhirim are usually one of the richest cities.
Funny, I seem to recall the swadians used crossbows... I seem to recall the vaegir were the ones who used bows... At least I remember them being the best at it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: May 11, 2011, 01:39:02 pm »

No no. Rhodoks used crossbows. Vaegir had the best bowmen but Swadia had longbows. I don't know what difference it makes.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: May 11, 2011, 01:52:09 pm »

So I'm mostly just stomping around with 50 Huscarls cracking up at how overpowered I am.

And I thought the 50 Swadian Knights on my old file was overpowered, before.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 310