Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656527 times)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1275 on: May 09, 2011, 06:29:05 pm »

not really. Warband is essentially the updated re-release of the original game
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1276 on: May 09, 2011, 06:40:00 pm »

Only reason you might want the original is for mods that weren't ported over, but Warband has plenty of good mods already so probably not - unless you have seen/heard of a specific mod that isn't compatible.

edit -
I was getting to the point of being bored of my infantry army because it took so dang long for each fight due to having to take 5 mins every time just to move to fight them. I cut the battle map size down to the point that you can immediately see the enemy. With the battle tactics mod (part of the compilation) letting you preassign the tactics you want, battles are now much faster and more fun. I just start the battle, my men move into position, and shortly after the enemy forces are close enough to start fighting. No more slowly marching across the field or waiting ages for their reinforcement waves to march across after me repeatedly, now everything happens right there without all the waiting. Much better.

The downside is I can't pincushion the enemy from across the map with my bow as they approach anymore, but I much prefer quicker battles to being able to pick off a few troops before they get in range.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:47:25 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 09, 2011, 06:45:49 pm »

Only reason you might want the original is for mods that weren't ported over, but Warband has plenty of good mods already so probably not - unless you have seen/heard of a specific mod that isn't compatible.

Sadly true for 1866 SP, they have currently no plans on converting it.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 09, 2011, 06:49:59 pm »

Pft, I want the wedding dance and star wars converted. :(

Armor held by nipples = <3

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 09, 2011, 08:02:49 pm »

Ahhh, Good Old Mount And Blade with its Pellopenesian Mod! My Lacedomens would destroy cavalry like huscarls kill Rhodoks :D ;D

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 10, 2011, 12:04:32 am »

Is there any mod that removes guns and the like from With fire and sword.
Guns are nothing but major annoyance in the beginning, and this game has the world's longest beginning.
Majority of gameplay includes getting shot in the face and having your dead body slide on terrain as if magic happened.
Alternatively, could someone provide a link to a mod that improves warband considerably? (only gameplay things not graphics)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1281 on: May 10, 2011, 12:13:24 am »

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2743

Thats the one I've been playing. It combines lots of nice Warband mods that add to gameplay, without any new items or graphics or sounds.

Well, technically it adds one new item - the deployable pavise. I haven't tried that one yet, but it sounds handy.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 10, 2011, 12:13:25 am »

Guns are nothing but major annoyance in the beginning, and this game has the world's longest beginning.
Majority of gameplay includes getting shot in the face and having your dead body slide on terrain as if magic happened.
Alternatively, could someone provide a link to a mod that improves warband considerably? (only gameplay things not graphics)

Uh, no offense, but FnS minus the guns basically is Warband. Except you can't play a female, you can't start your own nation, you can only hire mercenaries from merc camps...  :P

As for Warband-improving mods, there was a discussion just a few posts above with a bunch of neat mod suggestions. I'm too lazy to cut-and-paste it, so you'll have to read it for yourself.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 10, 2011, 12:36:39 am »

Uh, no offense, but FnS minus the guns basically is Warband. Except you can't play a female, you can't start your own nation, you can only hire mercenaries from merc camps...  :P

As for Warband-improving mods, there was a discussion just a few posts above with a bunch of neat mod suggestions. I'm too lazy to cut-and-paste it, so you'll have to read it for yourself.

There are castle and siege improvements too. The only reason I was playing the game was to experience them. The guns just suck but I don't think they can be better implemented.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 10, 2011, 03:31:37 am »

There are some nice mods that never got ported over to warband, that might be worth the extra few bucks. The basic vanilla singleplayer is pretty much the same between the original and warband though, warband just expands on it a good bit.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 10, 2011, 05:16:35 am »

> Decide to be herpaderp Vaegir bowman
> Become Vaegir merc
> Discover the fun that is Huscarls
> Wait for contract to expire

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Edit: Another question for E&tRC - who are their Rhodoks?

That is, whose villages am I going to raid for starting Denars because they're a bunch of chumps that any other faction can shit all over?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:20:42 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 10, 2011, 05:40:36 am »

That is, whose villages am I going to raid for starting Denars because they're a bunch of chumps that any other faction can shit all over?

Funny story about that. I was just playing Warband and doing just that, riding through Rhodok territory picking off lords and pillaging stuff. I had captured a lord finally (my original objective) and was heading back home with a wounded army. Right as I turned a corner - Boom, King Graveth out of fucking nowhere with 200 men. And I wasn't paying attention either, so I ran right into him. I lost a lot of good men.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 10, 2011, 06:19:59 am »

The Lion Throne. Most of their units seem to be infantry with short spears and shields(like the Rhodoks), along with fairly sucky gunners. They also have the same region and text color as the Rhodoks.
The Laurians have pikemen as their core unit, but they know how to use them pretty effectively. Swadia still have killer cavarly, but they also took over the Nords' place of omnicidal infantry with the use of their Doppelsolders(who are basically the big, burly man-version of loli-claymores).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 10, 2011, 07:14:22 am »

I gnerally raid laurian stuff, mostly because I'm slightly miffed about the current laurian/Imperial border.
dammit, those rivers are there for a reason! Give us back chalbeck castle and get to your side of the river
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 10, 2011, 01:21:39 pm »

King Gravy and his Rhodoks are much better in Warband (Specially with the atomic crossbow bolts) but still come off a little short compared to other factions (Like the Nords who, you know. have Huscarls)

The main failing is in the AI, though. They really just don't know how to use their own bloody equipment.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 310