Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656474 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1200 on: May 06, 2011, 07:51:20 am »

Your only source of recruits are merc camps, faction castles when you sign up to a faction and hiring enemy prisoners.

Jome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 06, 2011, 08:16:30 am »

Coming from the taleworlds forums and seeing all this is making me laugh. Pandar? Haha.

How constructive of you.

Oh yes I am very constructive. Its just a typo so no sense in correcting it now is there?

What does a typo have to do with anything? Nobody mentioned a typo.

Excuse me then, as noted before I'm a bloody idiot.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: May 06, 2011, 01:19:02 pm »

How the hell do I make money in this game? Every single town says either "take the furs to the other side of the map for $3" or "bring velvet to finland for $1000 a piece", the problem is, however, velvet apparently doesn't exist in my game and going out to fight bandits has a 50% chance of a gunshot to the face and thus game over and I loot $30 worth of old clothes when I do win.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #1203 on: May 06, 2011, 01:25:17 pm »

How the hell do I make money in this game? Every single town says either "take the furs to the other side of the map for $3" or "bring velvet to finland for $1000 a piece", the problem is, however, velvet apparently doesn't exist in my game and going out to fight bandits has a 50% chance of a gunshot to the face and thus game over and I loot $30 worth of old clothes when I do win.

1. Find an NPC companion with a good looting skill. Abandon all other party members (except other named NPCs).
2. Go around killing tons of low-level enemies to level you & companion up. Get better gear for you & companion.
3. Dump points into companion's looting skill.
4. Repeat ad nauseum.
5. Profit. Sooner or later you'll be able to take on much higher-leveled enemies with gear that will sell for exponentially more. Trick is getting a good looting skill. I never mess with trading - it's a waste of time IMHO. Looting >>>> trading.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: May 06, 2011, 06:38:41 pm »

Just had a fun time playing Eagle and the Radiant Cross custom battles. Managed to headshot an Ottoman Ormeli heavy cavarly while he and two of his buddies were trying to flank our line.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 06, 2011, 09:06:24 pm »

Trading has always been more profitable in both games.

In Warband, buy Iron in Curaw or Ahmerrad and take it to Tulga, then buy spice in Tulga and take it to Curaw or Ahmerrad. (Also open dyeworks everywhere except the Rhodok capital I forget the name of because I only ever play Warband modded now.)

In WFaS, either buy velvet or get a velvet caravan (Caravans give you MUCH more but you need to guard them on the way) from Kiev, Sich or that one other city next to it I forget the name of, and take them to either Moscow or Vyborg. Later on you can average 100k thalers an hour doing this.

Although in both games the slave trade can be quite profitable as well, provided you have a lot of troops with blunt weapons.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 06, 2011, 09:22:31 pm »

I need help vassaling myself to a king. I have already done a bunch of quests for him, what the hell else does he want?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 06, 2011, 09:23:50 pm »

Steam update:
Troops can now upgrade properly.
Fixed bug with grenades exploding at wrong location.
Squad size limitation bug is fixed for multiplayer.
An update is made for preventing graphics glitch on some ATI cards.
Several text corrections for all languages.
Scene fixes mainly on the custom battles and village/town scenes.
Fixed a quest bug with persuading Obuhovich
AI behavior changed so that muskeeter troops can now close up on

Things that should've been in there in the first place. Go figure. At least they know they messed up.

I need help vassaling myself to a king. I have already done a bunch of quests for him, what the hell else does he want?

Whats his reputation with him? I had a Persuasion of 5 with around 20 rep, and a fairly large amount of renown and honor (around 300 renown, 5 or so honor ;D).

It depends, ruler to ruler, I believe.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 06, 2011, 09:26:19 pm »

Its the red kingdom (Forget what it was called >.<). I also have 70 something Renown, 0 Persuasion, around 5 relation with the king, and perhaps 3 honour?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 06, 2011, 09:31:36 pm »

Its the red kingdom (Forget what it was called >.<). I also have 70 something Renown, 0 Persuasion, around 5 relation with the king, and perhaps 3 honour?

You basically need more of everything, you might be able to sign on as a merc at that stage but you are still really an unknown that nobody cares about.  Work for the king, bash looters and deserters to get your renown up, persuasion isnt vital, but makes things a bit easier.  If you get high enough the king will send a message asking you to join either way
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 06, 2011, 09:33:29 pm »

One thing I found interesting, as far as skills were concerned: In Fire & Sword the firearms skill is actually just a renamed crossbow skill. Export a character to see what I'm talking about.

Yeah... laziness ftw.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 06, 2011, 09:34:47 pm »

In Diplomacy, a Warband mod, I'm making good money off three ironworks. Every month I refill the iron stocks with cheap billets and it easily pays for my massive army of Swadian knights.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 06, 2011, 09:38:46 pm »

In the original, you'll need high enough renown, about 250 or so in vanilla(I don't think many mods change it, either), as well as probably >-1 relations with the king.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 06, 2011, 09:56:43 pm »

When you get 1000 renown, the kings start begging you to join them. It's hilarious. Also, all sorts of lords will start offering their daughters and sisters to you without you even asking.

The dialogues usually go something like this:

"Ah, Umiman, we meet again. When last we met you thought you could make a fool out of me by releasing me after my defeat. I look forward to slicing your throat. By the way, my sister is here in the castle and I think you two will hit it off perfectly. *cough* Did you want something?"

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 06, 2011, 10:17:19 pm »

In TEATRC I gain money every month from my dyeworks but my on-person money doesn't seem to change.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 310