Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656411 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1125 on: May 04, 2011, 04:18:02 pm »

I was going to get this, but this thread suggests I'd only be disappointed. I'll stick with Warband.
Do this.

I have to step up for this game. At least for the combat part of the game, you just have to realize that this isn't medieval anymore. Im playing without damage reduction and while in warband i could get around 20-30+ kills in single battle thus being a force to reckon with, here im completely satisfied if im over 5. You have to accept the fact you're no Conan anymore. + it seems to me that the combat AI is more challenging than before.
Its more of a strategy game this time focused on flanking cavalry charges musketeers on high ground and melee infantry hidden on reverse side of a hill waiting to slaughter the musketeers after sucking up the first volley. So surely it may not suit everyone, but i like the setting
That said, it desperately needs a mod for continuing battle after your get ko'ed and possess another character so you don't get bored till the battle is over.

You do know that these tactics are meaningless, because atleast half the enemy troops follow you as a magnet, not because they can see you, right?

I've also seen no news in the AI, merely the fact that guns are more lethal make it seem so. Infact, the AI is as good as the same, built for medieval combat because they fuck around as geese.

The graphics are rather bad compared to Warband, theres not female versions of Armor, I couldn't even choose female for my campaign, the characters are meaningless, more spelling mistakes, essentially this is a mod, and not the best I've played.

I don't dislike the game, and I think many of the complaints aren't deserved or accurate, but others, relating to severe bugs, are completely deserved. The game was released in a near unplayable state, as no units can be improved at all, grenades have their splash damage originate on the player, rather than where the grenade lands, killing you and anyone around you, a lot of mechanics revolving around recruitment are obtuse and obfuscated. In this state, it is essentially impossible to make any good progress as you will be stuck with bottom tier units unless you recruit from prisoners.

None of the bugs you mentioned were in my game.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 04, 2011, 04:18:31 pm »

Brilliant :P Definitely not getting it then.

I've spent like five hours on mount and musket already. Time just flew by. I'm meant to be doing work, damn.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 04, 2011, 04:21:11 pm »

None of the bugs you mentioned were in my game.

Really? Because, these bugs have all been confirmed.
!!&!!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 04, 2011, 04:36:28 pm »

Brilliant :P Definitely not getting it then.

I've spent like five hours on mount and musket already. Time just flew by. I'm meant to be doing work, damn.
i was playing it on the 100+ populated server a couple hours ago, found it awesome.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 04, 2011, 04:41:42 pm »

I'm disappointed with it but I'm looking forward to patches that hopefully fix it up a bit, because I'm not having the same problems you guys are. Especially in regards to getting one shotted - hell, I even spend most of the later half of the battles picking off Musketeers at the back of their army and I'm fine 90% of the time.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 04, 2011, 05:36:00 pm »

I have to step up for this game. At least for the combat part of the game, you just have to realize that this isn't medieval anymore. Im playing without damage reduction and while in warband i could get around 20-30+ kills in single battle thus being a force to reckon with, here im completely satisfied if im over 5. You have to accept the fact you're no Conan anymore. + it seems to me that the combat AI is more challenging than before.
Its more of a strategy game this time focused on flanking cavalry charges musketeers on high ground and melee infantry hidden on reverse side of a hill waiting to slaughter the musketeers after sucking up the first volley. So surely it may not suit everyone, but i like the setting
That said, it desperately needs a mod for continuing battle after your get ko'ed and possess another character so you don't get bored till the battle is over.

You do know that these tactics are meaningless, because atleast half the enemy troops follow you as a magnet, not because they can see you, right?

I've also seen no news in the AI, merely the fact that guns are more lethal make it seem so. Infact, the AI is as good as the same, built for medieval combat because they fuck around as geese.

The graphics are rather bad compared to Warband, theres not female versions of Armor, I couldn't even choose female for my campaign, the characters are meaningless, more spelling mistakes, essentially this is a mod, and not the best I've played.

I doesn't matter if they are following you. You can issue move orders to your troops anywhere on the map. Im usually staying with musketeers (main body of my army) anyway, pounding the shit out of enemies from high ground, if those fuckers get too close i let charge melee troops stationed out of LOF i send the cavalry on one of the flanks, far from any harm, if i let them charge they will close the distance within couple of seconds (on plains).

Lots of things in MB:WFS seems buggy, but the combat part feels solid to me. Of course just from i experienced, i didn't played sieges or used grenades yet for instance.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #1131 on: May 04, 2011, 05:48:37 pm »

Okay, let me say it to everyone like this, I've paid 14,00 euro for a mod that's worse than free mods I've played.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 04, 2011, 07:58:06 pm »

Okay, let me say it to everyone like this, I've paid 14,00 euro for a mod that's worse than free mods I've played.
Then why did you buy it?

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #1133 on: May 04, 2011, 08:27:43 pm »

I bought it solely to support Taleworlds.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #1134 on: May 04, 2011, 08:39:39 pm »

This, also I did hope it'd be better.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 04, 2011, 09:54:29 pm »

It's a shame original M&B is so... boring. Starting up is boring, grinding Khergit Lord Captures is boring, winning wars takes forever (becoming boring in time), sieges are boring, training up troops is boring, merchanting to support your army of super-high-level Suede Knights is boring...

Bluh.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 04, 2011, 09:57:43 pm »

This, also I did hope it'd be better.
Tripled, because I liked Warband (although I got all 3 for 20 bucks through the Steam sale).

Guns do seem horrendously overpowered for the era we're talking about (18th century or so)... most muskets of the time would have a hard time firing at all, let alone past 50 yards or with any accuracy or stopping power. Definite fixes are in order and I'm still sorta surprised they would release this without addressing the issues. Also: I want Steam achievements!

It's a shame original M&B is so... boring. Starting up is boring, grinding Khergit Lord Captures is boring, winning wars takes forever (becoming boring in time), sieges are boring, training up troops is boring, merchanting to support your army of super-high-level Suede Knights is boring...

Bluh.
Warbands + Floris' Expanded Mod Pack. Nuff said (Yes, vanilla gets boring, but people took the time to make the game much, much better).

Buying businesses in major towns in order to mitigate your troop costs was a huge boon to me. 10k dropped per velvet... weavery? And I've got a good 500+ income per week per velvet thing. More if I bring them some raw materials myself (through pillaging one of the two-three factions that the Kergjit are inevitably at war with).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:00:28 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 04, 2011, 10:40:26 pm »

I don't have much interest in buying Warband when it appears to be nothing more than the same game but with (awful) multiplayer (except for that BAB looks awesome) and mods that original M&B hasn't.

I'll take recommendations for original M&B Mods, but not planning on buying Warband just for mods.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 05, 2011, 12:12:01 am »

Warband is actually the latest and most polished game, and most of the good mods are already on there and still being updated and worked on.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 05, 2011, 12:27:00 am »

I don't have much interest in buying Warband when it appears to be nothing more than the same game but with (awful) multiplayer (except for that BAB looks awesome) and mods that original M&B hasn't.

I'll take recommendations for original M&B Mods, but not planning on buying Warband just for mods.

Its more that warband has the good mods/current mods, and vanilla has alot of stuff that almost makes the game unplayable (the cow missions? seriously? was this ever playtested by human beings?)
  There are a 1/2 dozen or so mods for warband that take it (imo) from being a 7/10 game (not a bad game)  to an 8.5-9/10 game that I have sunk 150 hours into, if you can get warband for 15 bucks on steam, you have found a bargin.

Warning:  Never stray from the modding section of the forums on taleworlds though, some psycho gave the trolls admin rights.

I have played a bit of WFAS, some of the ideas are good, none of the obvious flaws seem to have been fixed  (the ones that almost every mod ive played fixed)  game has the feel of a mod in dev.  Im not going to say its a waste of my money until it gets patched fairly hard, then we will see
If life gives you lemons, burn them.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 310