Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656399 times)

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1110 on: May 04, 2011, 11:46:43 am »

On mercs, if you have room for them in you party (Jackrabbit), they are added instantly. Also, upgrade their weapons ect at the merc camp, otherwise they are just about worthless
I meant the soldiers you can apparently hire after you start working for a faction, by talking to a Garrison Commander in a town or fortress. But I think I've worked it out - ordering some soldiers means he trains them up to protect the town. Why I can order him to do this as a Mercenary hired by the crown I do not know.

And, if that's the case, how the hell do I hire faction specific units, or good units like musketeers or pike men? Because the only ones I have are ones I rescued from enemy parties.

Ok, wait three days and the troops become available

I hear troops not leveling is a bug, and will be fixed soon btw
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 04, 2011, 12:16:56 pm »

So I gave up on With Fire and Sword. Maybe, just maybe, if there was a ton of bug fixes rebalances and added features over the next few months I could go back to it.

Problems:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Things I enjoy
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also sick of the community defending the game so much. Saying such wisdom as "LeArN2PlAY", "it was only 13 dollars", "wait for mods to come out" and "butt guns kil ppl in 1 shot irl!!1!"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:22:32 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 04, 2011, 12:34:39 pm »

On the community note, hasn't the community of mount and blade been shit pretty much all around?

I mean, people complaining about being given javelins (warband) and going up against a horseman with a lance in the final battle of a tournament? Its a big fuck you to the player. The community when someone points out that its unfair?

"U SUXX"
"LRN 2 BOW"
"IZ REALISM, UR FIGHTS FIXXED"

Neanderthals.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 04, 2011, 12:42:12 pm »

Isn't that pretty much EVERY gaming community nowadays? Full of pants on head retarded fanboys?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 04, 2011, 01:23:47 pm »

On the community note, hasn't the community of mount and blade been shit pretty much all around?

I mean, people complaining about being given javelins (warband) and going up against a horseman with a lance in the final battle of a tournament? Its a big fuck you to the player. The community when someone points out that its unfair?

"U SUXX"
"LRN 2 BOW"
"IZ REALISM, UR FIGHTS FIXXED"

Neanderthals.

Well yeah, that's true. It didn't use to be like that, but I guess the attitude of community reflects the attitude of the developer. Given that they're selling the same game for the third time now without actually doing anything at all about the glaring problems that it has, one of which you've pointed out, you can't really expect any better.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #1115 on: May 04, 2011, 01:31:29 pm »

HUGELY dissappointed, like I knew I'd be.

As is said above me, third time I buy the same game, but atleast Warband felt like an improvement and gave me multiplayer. This? Man I love Mount and blade, played it upwards 500 hours and I've modded it for my own ends and I've just generally had fun. But this? It's crap. Raw crap.

I could write pages about how it irritates me, but suffice to say, it's worse than Warband.

I can't believe they still haven't added simple things like, sprint, shield bash, crouch.. Damn I'm dissappointed, can we move on from this crap and actually get a mount and blade 2 that actually improves this?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:29:46 pm by Lysabild »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1116 on: May 04, 2011, 02:04:00 pm »

So basically they rereleased the same game for a third time with a minor rework of the features, pretty much all of which have already been done better by mods. Nice.

I think I've discovered the real meaning of the game's acronym
MB:WFS = My Business Wants Funds, Suckers

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 04, 2011, 02:06:29 pm »

This one seems like a huge step backwards. No character backgrounds, Arenas, etc. Lame.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 04, 2011, 02:25:54 pm »

I'm sure it's been said already that this game actually came BEFORE Warband, it just wasn't released outside of a small area.

But yeah, it's still disappointing. If it gets fixed I may play it more, but for now after I do at least one singleplayer onethrough I'll probably just go back to Prophesy of Pendor and Sword of Damocles.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 04, 2011, 02:41:31 pm »

Expanding on the above, it wasn't actually developed by Taleworlds, but instead a completely different developer instead. Taleworlds just handled the translation and publishing, far as I know.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 04, 2011, 03:31:42 pm »

Well. Would anyone be interested in trying Mount and Musket multiplayer on Warband?
!!&!!

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 04, 2011, 03:34:03 pm »

So basically this is one of those weird eastern european "mods" that get a commercial release because there's nobody around to enforce copyright and TW took them in and released it for the rest of the world a year late at €15. That explains the insane difficulty of starting out and the fact that they only added 2 barely play tested features(Situationally OP guns(like when shooting at the protagonist with an entire formation) and even more OP grenades(hey there siege blob, how would you like some 160 irresistible damage for everybody on that ladder?)
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 04, 2011, 03:40:29 pm »

I was going to get this, but this thread suggests I'd only be disappointed. I'll stick with Warband.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 04, 2011, 03:48:33 pm »

I have to step up for this game. At least for the combat part of the game, you just have to realize that this isn't medieval anymore. Im playing without damage reduction and while in warband i could get around 20-30+ kills in single battle thus being a force to reckon with, here im completely satisfied if im over 5. You have to accept the fact you're no Conan anymore. + it seems to me that the combat AI is more challenging than before.
Its more of a strategy game this time focused on flanking cavalry charges musketeers on high ground and melee infantry hidden on reverse side of a hill waiting to slaughter the musketeers after sucking up the first volley. So surely it may not suit everyone, but i like the setting
That said, it desperately needs a mod for continuing battle after your get ko'ed and possess another character so you don't get bored till the battle is over.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 04, 2011, 04:11:07 pm »

I don't dislike the game, and I think many of the complaints aren't deserved or accurate, but others, relating to severe bugs, are completely deserved. The game was released in a near unplayable state, as no units can be improved at all, grenades have their splash damage originate on the player, rather than where the grenade lands, killing you and anyone around you, a lot of mechanics revolving around recruitment are obtuse and obfuscated. In this state, it is essentially impossible to make any good progress as you will be stuck with bottom tier units unless you recruit from prisoners.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 310