Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655136 times)

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2010, 10:32:33 pm »

They're lords, they'll find a way, anyway, can anyone confirm this before I fight more battles?

It's true that if a Lord is in your captivity they cannot, of course, lead an army.

That being said, if you leave them anywhere long enough they will escape eventually, but in a castle the related faction will offer to pay for their freedom before that happens.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2010, 10:36:23 pm »

Actually, it'll happen if you're not even a Lord yourself.  I, by some amazing turn of luck, managed to capture a Nord Lord after his party was almost bled dry by Mountain Bandits and Vaegir raids.  Considering how easily they just "escape" every battle, I don't know how I caught him.

But I took him prisoner all right, and managed to haul him around for like a week with my 20 man band of brigands.  I mainly just travelled between cities trying to find the Ransom Broker because I didn't know what the Hell to do with him.  Although repeatedly reminding him not to run may have something to do with it.

Eventually I was offered a ransom of 5400 denar.  Then I joined the Vaegirs so that at least one kingdom would stop hating me.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2010, 11:51:29 pm »

In my current game of M&B I'm helping the Kergit Khanate have a civil rebellion. So far we got a fairly good force of about 3/5ths of all the lords and I'm currently challenging the ruling kings armies to fights and winning constantly. Now, this rebellion is going our way, purely because I HAVE THE CURRENT KING IN MY JAIL. I don't get how we can't just become the ruling power like right now... so silly.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2010, 12:02:50 am »

I wish there was a larger map with enough locations to make travel a bit more meaningful.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2010, 02:26:58 am »

I wish there was a larger map with enough locations to make travel a bit more meaningful.

I was just thinking the other day about how the mechanics don't seem to support the map even at the size it is. Taking Furs from Khudan to Velucca is no small trip, and what made me think this is that I had no recourse when an army of 900 come marching on a city I just took and only had 160 guys in. The whole "let's assemble here for a new campaign" command doesn't seem to work, and relies on a second, NPC lord to be near you. You have to "physically" chase down the lords, get them to follow you, and then they more often than not take off for their own tasks within a day or two.

I had to chase King Ragnar down four times just to keep him with me in the assault of Curaw, and he wouldn't join me when 1500 Rhodoks were sitting outside his capitol city.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2010, 02:27:57 am »

Get the star wars mod. Ye gods are there a lot of stuff.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2010, 05:17:06 am »

Get the star wars mod. Ye gods are there a lot of stuff.
Is the star wars mod really worth it? I got it and tried it out but got bored pretty quickly. Dislike the targeting reticule, dislike the way that there aren't boarding fights, dislike how you can't join a faction from the start despite being told to in the intro...

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2010, 07:58:54 am »

I got a trial, and it takes forever to start.
I.e I started it 5 minutes ago.
And nothing's happened.

Does it generally take a while to start up, or what?
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2010, 08:00:10 am »

I got a trial, and it takes forever to start.
I.e I started it 5 minutes ago.
And nothing's happened.

Does it generally take a while to start up, or what?

Took a minute for me.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2010, 08:13:38 am »

Native starts fast for me, but i know the different mods can take a long time to boot. Oni no ran took like 15 minutes a long time ago.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2010, 12:06:03 pm »

Is the star wars mod really worth it? I got it and tried it out but got bored pretty quickly. Dislike the targeting reticule, dislike the way that there aren't boarding fights, dislike how you can't join a faction from the start despite being told to in the intro...

Uh...  All of these things are in the mod that I'm playing.  However, I don't like it anyway, because the lightsaber has a freaking tiny hitbox, troops all have ridiculously high salaries, and because you can barely afford any force at all, you get constantly mobbed by 30-strong bands of (spaceborn?!?!) Tuskan Raiders.

Basically, it's hard as shit to get started, but I imagine it's fun after that.  I wouldn't know though, because I haven't bothered getting that far.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2010, 01:59:15 pm »

It does indeed have a hard startup, but the best thing to do is is start as a trader for a bit. Once you can afford either Force Kill, or a Rocket launcher/Flame rifle/concussion rifle, those bandits are cake. And not nonexistent rhubarb cake, but a 9 layer chocolate ice cream cake.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2010, 02:09:48 pm »

So where do i get these mods and how do I install them? I want to try them and you guys are the best to ask.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2010, 02:19:11 pm »

So where do i get these mods and how do I install them? I want to try them and you guys are the best to ask.

The Taleworlds modding forums usually have links to a download site, usually this one: http://www.mbrepository.com/index.php

To install most mods, there's a folder called "module" inside the M&B folder, all you should have to do is copy the mod file into that "Module" folder.
Then select the mod when the little pop-up that comes when you start the game (the default is Native), and hit play if you did it correctly the mod should start right up.
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2010, 03:14:27 pm »

I get an RGL error sometimes.
):
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 310