Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656038 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1005 on: April 28, 2011, 06:33:32 pm »

And their 'new' game.

I'm honestly not falling for that again. It's the 3rd time they're releasing the same game, except with patches and upgrades that should have gone to the first one.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 28, 2011, 06:42:25 pm »

Yah, not entirely stoked for it. This time at least it's reasonably priced compared to what they were charging for the first two.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 28, 2011, 06:49:29 pm »

Necroing because there's a badass sale on Steam, meaning I can now get warband not-illegally :D $5 gog daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

O_O damn I don't get paid till tomorrow, how longs the sale?

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 28, 2011, 06:53:41 pm »

Necroing because there's a badass sale on Steam, meaning I can now get warband not-illegally :D $5 gog daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

O_O damn I don't get paid till tomorrow, how longs the sale?
It just started, so probably it's till monday

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 28, 2011, 07:22:36 pm »

'till tuesday
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 28, 2011, 07:45:15 pm »

Could someone fill me in on what Warband is exactly? I was going to get this while it's on sale, but I only want to play M&B single-player. Does warband add anything besides multiplayer, and is the vanilla M&B (not warband) still being developed or what? I haven't played this game in ages.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 28, 2011, 08:23:17 pm »

Could someone fill me in on what Warband is exactly? I was going to get this while it's on sale, but I only want to play M&B single-player. Does warband add anything besides multiplayer, and is the vanilla M&B (not warband) still being developed or what? I haven't played this game in ages.
Vanilla is pretty much dead.

besides multiplayer, Warband has a lot of small tweaks that are really nice to have - new commands for battle, new diplomacy options, etcetera, and an improved engine and graphics. But most of it seems to be stuff that modders have added to vanilla already.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 28, 2011, 09:02:10 pm »

warband is definately the one to get. True that some mods are not available for Warband, the best are and the base game already incorporates a lot of tweaks to gameplay and smooth running.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 28, 2011, 10:03:27 pm »

warband is definately the one to get. True that some mods are not available for Warband, the best are and the base game already incorporates a lot of tweaks to gameplay and smooth running.

I was pleased after grabbing Warband for my PC to see there's a test version of Sword of Damocles being ported over :D

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 28, 2011, 10:50:48 pm »

Having just bought Warband a few weeks ago, I ain't touching it. I like Taleworlds, but it's true, they've repackaged a lot of the same content several times now. To me Warband was worth the full price, as a gesture to Taleworlds for all the effort they've gone through over the years. But by now, they've reached the point where I treat them like every other dev house....and this seems like slightly overpriced DLC.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 28, 2011, 11:02:07 pm »

Tale worlds has good stuff, and likes teh money. After buying Warband, and hearing complaints about it being repackaging, the new game is probably not going to be very much better.
Hello Hunam

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 28, 2011, 11:05:14 pm »

Having played M&B quite a while back, it feels so very odd to see it on steam now. I just got Warband while it was on sale, and I've only played it a few minutes now, but it kind of feels like the exact same game it was years ago. The part that really strikes me as odd is seeing stuff like the kick implemented, because it was originally a feature implemented with mods. Seems like that's how a lot of M&B's current features came about, which again just feels weird to me. Not saying it's a bad thing.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 28, 2011, 11:34:14 pm »

While I admit that Taleworld is an extremely lazy dev, and most of their additions to the game in patches have been pretty much like modders, I really don't agree with the whole "Warband was just a repackaging". Warband is a worthwhile stand alone game, the only downside is that some M&B mods still haven't been ported over.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 29, 2011, 12:40:25 am »

Dear god I just spent my first serious time with WB multiplayer.

This is the worst game I have ever played online.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 29, 2011, 12:45:59 am »

Dear god I just spent my first serious time with WB multiplayer.

This is the worst game I have ever played online.
WHAT ZEEMZ TO BE THE PROBLEM?
Hello Hunam
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 310