Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods - Source OOC Thread  (Read 6835 times)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods - Source OOC Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2010, 02:46:04 pm »

I noticed as well, seems we have a good one going here. I look forward to seeing how this will end up.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2010, 03:18:19 pm »

mission, I agree on the battles. A 50-50 roll is, in my opinion, an uninteresting way to conclude a battle. If there is someone who would agree to be a neutral battle-ref (no idea if Istrian would want to), I'm in favor.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2010, 03:49:17 pm »

I agree to that, unless two players went to roleplay the battle went a certain way for whatever reason and they both agree.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2010, 04:00:47 pm »

Of course EJ, not saying that people have to use this method. Now to make things a bit smoother would anyone like to nominate another as the impartial judge?

Edit: Well since there are no nominations how about this. We decide on the judge on a case by case basis, trying to find the player who would be the least inclined to see one player win or another lose. This sound good as well?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:41:41 pm by mission0 »

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2010, 08:14:18 am »

Pardon the Double post, but with Navian having backed out and I having just arrived at the city I'm wondering what to do.

If past botg is anything to go by I could take over the city with just the small scout group I sent there if I'm correct. If this is not the case then someone let me know what would be more appropriate.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2010, 12:24:16 pm »

I'd say the humans get removed from the board before you notice they are there
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2010, 12:27:07 pm »

I also vote that turn length gets increased

as it stands, 24 hours is simply not enough. just look at the previous turns and tell me it is not true
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2010, 03:52:38 pm »

Seconded on turn length increase.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2010, 04:05:00 pm »

Seconded on turn length increase.

While I don't mind things as they are I would third the motion for the main reason of how difficult it is to Rp with others of a different timezone within twenty-four hours.

So far it has gone like this with pms.

I send mine... the recipient is asleep for the night already... I fall asleep a time later... they wake up then probably head straight to school/work maybe sending a reply if they have time but doubtful. I wake up then do the same... they get home send a response... I get home normally at about they time that the other is going to bed or up so late they are to tired to think and try to piece together a coherent rp with the 3 maybe 4 pms that have been sent back and forth.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2010, 04:55:19 am »

from istrian, who can't post himself due to his internet at home being cut

the humans are not claimable, and not NPCs

they entirely disappear, leaving only ruins behind

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2010, 02:43:51 pm »

Thanks Akroma. My home internet is back so hopefully I'll be able to answer some questions.

On faster turns. Since it is you playing, I don't mind if you all decide to lengthen the turns. There is one thing though, it's that most people always delay until the last moment to write (seen in previous botgs), so even if turns are longer, people are still going to complain. Eventually turns may become too long and people will lose interest.

On communication / PMs / whatever. You don't need to have everything said in a single turn. If you send a message to someone requesting something, there is no need to wait for the reply to post your turn. You can always post it when you receive the answer, doesn't matter if it's 10 turns later, as long as it makes sense. I would also advise to avoid drawing out meetings by over-RPing.
Example of something discouraged. Player A sends PM : "My scouts come close to your city. What do they see ?" Player B answers by describing the city. Player A : "Ok, they approach and say hello." Player B : "The villagers say hello and..." And then it goes on for 20 PMs. Go straight to the point in your PMs, you can always add a bit of flavor later. And in any case, you can get descriptions of cities by reading other people's posts (hopefully).

I should also mention again that there is no need to post 10 pages of RP every single turn. I'll refer you to the BotG 2 game where most posts were no longer than a couple of paragraphs and a map.

Phew, that's a lot. I hope it made sense and will make your game easier.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2010, 10:13:54 pm »

Ok I'll get the ball rolling with potentially longer terms. As I've said before I'm fine with how things are even if they are limiting somewhat.

Should we go with 24 hours as we have been doing

48 hours, gives a good time for rp while also being relatively quick

72 hours, a bit much in my opinion but some may need this much.

Vote I say! If you think more than 72 hours are needed just say so.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2010, 11:02:41 pm »

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2010, 12:55:49 am »

Derp Derp
Elf: Hmmm an ancient book...filled with spells?!
Fuma Amuisa, elf has been struck down.
Tzeentch doesn't like Elves, please don't teach your Elves to read.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2010, 05:23:59 am »

Issues within real life prevent me from playing, even with the extended turn.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]